5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavern in the town

I’m glad he’s playing better but it’ll take more than 2 pre season games for me to change my mind on him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I’m glad he’s playing better but it’ll take more than 2 pre season games for me to change my mind on him.
I'm just wondering why last season made your mind up on him and not how he did in an actual functioning team? NO player can ever function or perform in a team like United's last year. We could've signed Mbappe and he would've looked shit last year. Its pointless to be judgmental over anything you saw last season.

Tavern in the town

I'm just wondering why last season made your mind up on him and not how he did in an actual functioning team? NO player can ever function or perform in a team like United's last year. We could've signed Mbappe and he would've looked shit last year. Its pointless to be judgmental over anything you saw last season.
Last season didn’t make my mind up on him, I watched him at Dortmund and felt like he wouldn’t be a good fit in the Premier League. Last season just confirmed what I thought, even if admittedly the conditions weren’t great for him. And I don’t think his application is great either, turned up fat for Dortmund pre season, went on holiday and came back unfit last season and his work rate was regularly shite.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
After Sancho’s impressive display on the right wing, a lot of people are wondering why we didn’t play him there more and why he wasn’t as effective when we did try him there.

It’s a prime example of good coaching instructions and system. As mentioned in other thread, our full backs were constantly making under lapping runs inside of the wingers and behind the full backs. This is something ETH will bring. It gave Sancho 2/3 options whenever he received the ball. It allowed him to thread slide rule balls and find others with intricate passes which is what his game is. He didn’t need to try and outpace a player which is what he had to do last season due to the static movement in the team.
Very good take :) Sancho is a player who needs movement around him. Especially when he's deployed on the right.

I'm happy he had a good start under ETH (as could be expected to be honest). I still really hope you sign Antony to free Sancho for the left. He can be world class on both wings but I believe on the left he could be a futjre Ballon d'Or candidate.

EtH

‘Rashy’ didn’t start his first game until well into late October and Ronaldo wasn’t here for the first three games. It was his own fault he didn’t cement a place when he had ample opportunity.
No. Pogba was playing on the left early in the season and playing very well. And while Greenwood played up top once or twice before Ronaldo arrived it never happened again after that transfer. And of course “Rashy” was right back in the team on the left once he got back. I remember some moaning about the fact that he would go straight back in which would mean more Pogba in midfield which is exactly what happened.

So Sancho basically wasn’t getting in the team once we signed Ronaldo as Greenwood was never getting a game at CF again and was only playing down the right on merit. Meanwhile Ole was still running “Rashy” out on the left no matter how shit he was playing.

I said as soon as we signed Ronaldo that last season would more than likely be a complete write-off for Sancho. It was so obvious he would struggle for matches under Ole.

Frank White

No. Pogba was playing on the left early in the season and playing very well. And while Greenwood played up top once or twice before Ronaldo arrived it never happened again after that transfer. And of course “Rashy” was right back in the team on the left once he got back. I remember some moaning about the fact that he would go straight back in which would mean more Pogba in midfield which is exactly what happened.

So Sancho basically wasn’t getting in the team once we signed Ronaldo as Greenwood was never getting a game at CF again and was only playing down the right on merit. Meanwhile Ole was still running “Rashy” out on the left no matter how shit he was playing.

I said as soon as we signed Ronaldo that last season would more than likely be a complete write-off for Sancho. It was so obvious he would struggle for matches under Ole.
Ole got sacked after the 4-1 to Watford and Rashford returned 4 games prior playing 25, 62, 19 and 23 minutes. Considering Sancho lack off pre-seaon and other ailments Ole played Sancho quite a bit really and after the Ole sacking Sancho played LW 8 times 90 mins from GW 24 to 34 so no idea why we're writing off someones entire season. He got the minutes just didn't impress much in them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it’s clear sancho needed a year to adjust to the speed of england. in germany he could ponder on the ball as long as he liked, in england you just don’t get that time and space.

his fitness was an issue as he missed most of pre season then got covid. he never really got going.

now though, he looks fit and trim, he’s looking dangerous every time he gets the ball. We need to feed him as much as possible, but most importantly dalot needs to keep making those overlapping runs to buy him space.

EtH

Ole got sacked after the 4-1 to Watford and Rashford returned 4 games prior playing 25, 62, 19 and 23 minutes. Considering Sancho lack off pre-seaon and other ailments Ole played Sancho quite a bit really and after the Ole sacking Sancho played LW 8 times 90 mins from GW 24 to 34 so no idea why we're writing off someones entire season. He got the minutes just didn't impress much in them.
He played a sub role all the way up until Ole’s sacking. No way to bed in a new signing. RR got him in the team finally but it took a couple of matches for him to show some form which is no surprise. Didn’t really get a chance to show his quality until the season was basically over. So yes the season was basically a write-off.

Abraxas

He played a sub role all the way up until Ole’s sacking. No way to bed in a new signing. RR got him in the team finally but it took a couple of matches for him to show some form which is no surprise. Didn’t really get a chance to show his quality until the season was basically over. So yes the season was basically a write-off.
I wouldn't say it was a write off, he had enough time on the pitch to show what he was about.

Of course there are some mitigating factors to consider. It's his first year, the team was failing, it wasn't the easiest situation. But I don't think that means that he has no responsibility for a seasons worth of performances. That kind of lack of accountability is what puts some of these players in such a comfortable position.

He wasn't bad but he certainly wasn't great or justifying our long pursuit. I think it's accurate to say he showed hints of his ability and that's where things stand.

Tavern in the town

Everyone’s fault but his.

Looks miles better this pre-season, and personally prefer him off the right as he seems to drift into an inside right/attacking midfielder position more from there and has much more effect on the game.

Frank White

Makes sense. Chuck in a player that had next to 0 preseason and expect him to play 90 mins each week, I'm sure there's no downside to that plan :rolleyes:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s going to be so good this season, man. Left side, right side, doesn’t matter. This guy was putting up double digits in both goals and assists at the age of 19.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Amazing player, looks awesome with confidence and think he's a lot fitter than before. More intensive in tracking back and more stamina for offensive runs.

Greck

Amazing that good players look better under competent managers!
He was competent even under Rangnick. The only person who couldn't get a single solid 90 minutes from him was the one that bought him.

mu4c_20le

He was competent even under Rangnick. The only person who couldn't get a single solid 90 minutes from him was the one that bought him.
It's almost like new signings need to be eased into the Premier League.

Robbie Boy

Aye, I was more referring to Ole, who hadn't the foggiest how to utilise him.

I would rather just forget the whole RR era tbh!

Krits

That Rashford goal. To pick out Martial instead of VdB, what vision. I never saw that pass even on the tv till he actually played it.

Robbie Boy

It's almost like new signings need to be eased into the Premier League.
I mean, he is an English player who had played his whole youth career in England. That particular excuse won't really fly.

He looked fecking clueless under Ole, despite your instance on making excuses for the man!

I mean, he is an English player who had played his whole youth career in England. That particular excuse won't really fly.

He looked fecking clueless under Ole, despite your instance on making excuses for the man!
Ole was clueless himself tbh

mu4c_20le

I'm referring to the limited game time instead of throwing him straight into the deep end

Faetheshire86

Early days, but I think he will be our player of the year this season. When you get movement around him, he looks elite. Such an intelligent player.

Sylar

Touch wood and if he avoids an injury, reckon he will be our most important player especially on the right. Dalot is helping him a lot by basically being a second winger.

Robbie Boy

I'm referring to the limited game time instead of throwing him straight into the deep end
Fair enough; but I always felt Ole's reluctance to use him was bordering on bizarre.

He spent two summers chasing him, and when he got his man, he hadn't a clue how to utilise him and restricted his minutes. It wasn't good management, especially given that the alternatives were playing some horrendous stuff.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That Rashford goal. To pick out Martial instead of VdB, what vision. I never saw that pass even on the tv till he actually played it.
Same, that pass was nailed on for VDB which would of been the easier option, only sancho was confident enough and spotted martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.