5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If the COVID thing is true and his fitness has considerably declined, it sounds like this won't be an easy fix and will be an ongoing issue for him.
Tatum of Celtics (NBA) caught COVID in 2020 and looked off for the rest of season but went back to his best the following season. Same happened to Saint-Maximin I think. A young athlete should be able to fully recover but it might take a few months. It should not be something to affect his long term career.

Not really sure of where COVID rumors about Sancho come from though, was he even reported to have had it and it affecting him significantly? This could just be a case of a player not looking after themselves during offseason and turning up out of shape. This happened before to many players.

BorisManUtd

Any chance he’s back for the Everton/Charlton game? We could do with him back for city but preferably having played a couple games first for form. Our depth on the bench is atrocious for a top team like us.
I don't expect him to play until 2nd part of January at least.

OmarUnited4ever

Is he ever coming back? Has he failed a habitual drugs test and been banned for 6 months or something and we’re covering?

How mentally or physically unfit can one person be? At some point being told to go and train on your own just ain’t going to make you feel better.

The FA routinely publishes info on bans and disciplinary actions, so if Sancho was charged and subsequently banned, it would have been announced and then published here. Also, failing a drug test not only entails ban from playing, but a ban from being in club premises, you are basically banished from all organized football related activities, Sancho being back in Carrington means he is not banned due to a failed drug test

This is player performance thread, Sancho hasn't played for a while, and the mods has closed the other thread about Sancho's absence but sadly the discussion has moved here, I hope the meaningless and baseless speculation about Sancho stops

Crashoutcassius

It's pretty simple. We have tons of wingers and he isn't going to play ahead of them. He needs to make a change and he seems to be doing that. For me that is a mentally strong player that is finding a way to break into the team

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

:drool: Come on Jadon, show your real self. Important to remember that while yes, most of the time he has been ineffective here, he has shown his quality in spurts and certain individual games even last season. He has all the talent needed, and if Ten Hag is able to get a tune out of him, he has the ability to become one of our most important players in the 2nd half of the season IMO.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

:drool: Come on Jadon, show your real self. Important to remember that while yes, most of the time he has been ineffective here, he has shown his quality in spurts and certain individual games even last season. He has all the talent needed, and if Ten Hag is able to get a tune out of him, he has the ability to become one of our most important players in the 2nd half of the season IMO.
Considering how short we are on attackers, getting Weghorst and now Sancho back is like two new signings.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Brilliant news - him and Antony can be rotated on the right. If he can find form he could be massive for us.

Doracle

It would be amazing to see the Sancho of Dortmund turn up in the second half of the season. It will give us a great option for the right and we have so many matches we need the squad depth.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Awesome news.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It would be amazing to see the Sancho of Dortmund turn up in the second half of the season. It will give us a great option for the right and we have so many matches we need the squad depth.
Hopefully we play him on the right. Think he played on the left beginning of the season and he scored a few goals. Obviously rashfords in the form of his life though out on the left so that won’t change. Antony may even up his game now if he has competition. I’d be tempted to play sancho in AM to give Bruno a rest when he needs it. Massive boost for us though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Be very interesting to see what we see from Sancho in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't see him getting too much game time down the left with the form Rashford's in and I don't see him getting too much game time down the right either due to ETH seeming to have a preference for a left footer out there so where does Sancho fit in?

Hopefully wherever he gets his chance his takes it, we've seen players return to their best under ETH this season in Dalot, AWB, Shaw and Rashford and it would be great to add Sancho to that list as well as Sancho showing his Dortmund form for us would arguably make him our best attacker (I'd still say Rashford but I know others would argue otherwise)

CM

Good to see. If we can get him up to standard for the second half of the season, that would be a big bonus for us.

croadyman

That would be immense,gut feeling is he might make bench for Carabao Cup 1st leg but more likely Reading in FA Cup

Cathy Ferguson

Great to have him back obviously and interesting to see how ETH opts to deploy him. I still think his lack of pace is a concern. Saka and Martinelli are stronger and faster than Sancho and Antony, and hence better players.

saivet

Does the article have any other new information in it?

Gerald G

Great news! Hopefully he's available to play soon as he is sorely missed and as we enter the second half of the season. It's an annoying cliche but it would almost be like a new signing.

Sarni

Would be great to have him back in the squad to take some minutes from Antony during second half of season, especially as Antony himself has not been great lately. With Rashford/Garnacho cemented on the other flank we need someone to step up on the other side.

I don’t really have high expectations with regards to Sancho for the rest of season, if he can just come back looking less scared to do anything than he has during his 18 months here, and be a decent squad option possibly better than Elanga, it will be good.

BlueHaze

I hope he succeeds here. There's no doubt about his talent. He just needs to become more confident in what he does. I hope he does really well so that there's no talks about selling him.

Andersonson

He will struggle for game time. The team is in great form and he hasnt been a part of it. He really needs to be working hard to have a career here

Sarni

He will struggle for game time. The team is in great form and he hasnt been a part of it. He really needs to be working hard to have a career here
He has very little chance on the left against Rashford and Garnacho but Antony has not been that great recently either so I would expect Sancho to get some minutes off the bench and in cup games at least.

Either way we are going to have a £70m+ winger on the bench but we won’t be the only team in the league to have very expensive players on the bench, far from it. Even Spurs can afford to bench their £50m signing and use him as rotation option.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Based on nothing at all, but I think it all spun out of control from an episode where He and Rashford took mushrooms and Sancho was convinced he was a frog, ironical since he had been jokingly refering to Malacia as ‘froglegs’ in training and called Varane ‘frogeater’ on the club Christmas party when he wouldn’t eat the Yorkshire pudding in an attempt to show himself as a patriotic Lancastrian. After the psychotic episode, he still was paranoid about Varane eating him in the dressing room, and eventually stopped training completely because he thought Ten Hag was possessed by a toad. Erik duely sent him to his brothers frog farm in Enschede to fatten him up and get a good price for him in January. When Rashford was caought sneeking a frog suit into the team bus this morning for a show of solidarity with Jadon, intending to take the knee in all green costume before kick off, Ten Hag obviously benched him for ‘internal disciplinary reasons’. But the truth will out!

NB: I must stress that there is no actual evidence that Raphael Varane has in fact consumed several previous team mates in the dressing room, at leat not in Thousand Island dressing.
:lol: that was good.

Andersonson

He has very little chance on the left against Rashford and Garnacho but Antony has not been that great recently either so I would expect Sancho to get some minutes off the bench and in cup games at least.

Either way we are going to have a £70m+ winger on the bench but we won’t be the only team in the league to have very expensive players on the bench, far from it. Even Spurs can afford to bench their £50m signing and use him as rotation option.
He might get some minutes from Antony, thats true. Price isnt really a factor for me, its what he has delivered thats been the problem. Hopefully he can work on it and be the player we hoped he could be

M16Red

I really think people forget just how much of a good player this guy really is.

He is 22 years old.

Andersonson

I really think people forget just how much of a good player this guy really is.

He is 22 years old.
He hasnt proven to be good in the premier league. He has had a few good games, that's about it. And he's turning 23 this year with loads of international experience. He should be able to expect performances. He is on massive wages too

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Can play on the left when we use Rashford top

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rashford / Garnacho on the left and Antony / Sancho on the right. We GO for it.

city-puma

Like a new signing at this stage of the season, the most difficult period. Great!

Eli Zee

All players have to produce... especially offensive ones that play for Manchester United. Good to see he's back with the first team and I hope he is able to make it happen here!

Status
Not open for further replies.