5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

Very unusual situation its a good thing ETH took this step though much needed.

If he still struggles after all this we need to cut our losses

ZenMaster Coltrane

There are tons of people out there on United related content shows who claim to have heard things that they can't mention. Whether it's 50, 70 or 90% BS this entire episode is not down to tonsillitis or just poor conditioning. Whatever the combination of factors...whether that's personal 'issues' and unprofessionalism in the mind of ETH...it's more serious and probably damaging to the United brand (hence to keep it all shrouded in vague unknowns). I did hear someone mention that the crew around him is not the best and it probably wasn't a good thing for him to come back to England.

SambaBoy

It doesn't have to be publicly reported under some circumstances but the player has to be banned for a certain amount of time. It was quite a big rumour with Jack Wilshere when he was out for a period of time that he wasn't actually injured as he was seen kicking a ball locally as well which added to the fire.

It does seem off that he wasn't injured before the WC break. Doesn't make sense where he would need to go to Holland rather than join the squad in Spain, and then after a 5-6 week break to not be deemed ready to come back to the club is strange.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There are tons of people out there on United related content shows who claim to have heard things that they can't mention. Whether it's 50, 70 or 90% BS this entire episode is not down to tonsillitis or just poor conditioning. Whatever the combination of factors...whether that's personal 'issues' and unprofessionalism in the mind of ETH...it's more serious and probably damaging to the United brand (hence to keep it all shrouded in vague unknowns). I did hear someone mention that the crew around him is not the best and it probably wasn't a good thing for him to come back to England.
I can’t imagine why anyone producing a United related content show would claim to have heard things they can’t mention. I mean, what’s in it for them?!?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I can’t imagine why anyone producing a United related content show would claim to have heard things they can’t mention. I mean, what’s in it for them?!?
Just clickbait. Motivation for people to check back if they might finally be able to tell something more.

That said I'm going to ignore my own advice and join the rumour mill...
I did hear someone mention that the crew around him is not the best and it probably wasn't a good thing for him to come back to England.
This is something I could believe. There were few disciplinary actions against him in Dortmund (nothing serious, likely to happen with most young players) and I feel like most have been around his visits home (though I am not sure). So I wouldn't be surprised if he has some friends who don't bring out the best side of him, would also partially explain why he went to the Netherlands for individual training now and reduced his social media activities, maybe this was also about cutting ties to some bad influence.

Baneofthegame

Just clickbait. Motivation for people to check back if they might finally be able to tell something more.

That said I'm going to ignore my own advice and join the rumour mill...

This is something I could believe. There were few disciplinary actions against him in Dortmund (nothing serious, likely to happen with most young players) and I feel like most have been around his visits home (though I am not sure). So I wouldn't be surprised if he has some friends who don't bring out the best side of him, would also partially explain why he went to the Netherlands for individual training now and reduced his social media activities, maybe this was also about cutting ties to some bad influence.
From the unsubstantiated rumours, the social circle around him would be my guess if it had to be anything.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
ETH has handled every single situation perfectly. He’s a top manager with really good man management skills. I believe we’ll see a different sancho when he comes back. I refuse to believe he’s gonna fail here. He’ll come back and contribute to our season.

saivet

From a journalists perspective I get it. It could be info not verified, verified but not enough for a story or a sensitive matter that is best being kept under wraps for the time being and part of a bigger piece later down the line. Could also be something quite personal or traumatic that wouldn't be nice to release. Journos may have had no idea but I can imagine a someone may have been aware of Ronaldo's child being the reason he missed pre-season but to keep sources on a good relationship or simply being conscious of privacy they didn't say anything and also didn't kick up a fuss about it.

Have no doubt some journalist or even content creator will know but they are keeping things quiet for whatever reason.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
ETH has handled every single situation perfectly. He’s a top manager with really good man management skills. I believe we’ll see a different sancho when he comes back. I refuse to believe he’s gonna fail here. He’ll come back and contribute to our season.
And if he fails, he has only himself to blame

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He wasn’t just banned from the squad suddenly though was he? If it was a serious disciplinary issue he’d have just disappeared. He didn’t though. His performances declined after the first international break, he was dropped from the starting 11 after his very poor performance against Nicosia away and came back in as a sub setting up a last-minute Mctominay assist from the bench in the home tie before playing very poorly as a starter against Chelsea and getting hooked after 50 minutes. He was then benched for 2 games without coming on at all then dropped completely/ill just before the World Cup. At the start of the World Cup he was seen to be training in Holland with coaches recommended by ETH on an individual programme. 6 weeks later he’s back in training at the club. There’s a clear pattern of decline and then a clear plan - none of it screams him taking cocaine oddly enough.

OleGunnar20

Based on nothing at all, but I think it all spun out of control from an episode where He and Rashford took mushrooms and Sancho was convinced he was a frog, ironical since he had been jokingly refering to Malacia as ‘froglegs’ in training and called Varane ‘frogeater’ on the club Christmas party when he wouldn’t eat the Yorkshire pudding in an attempt to show himself as a patriotic Lancastrian. After the psychotic episode, he still was paranoid about Varane eating him in the dressing room, and eventually stopped training completely because he thought Ten Hag was possessed by a toad. Erik duely sent him to his brothers frog farm in Enschede to fatten him up and get a good price for him in January. When Rashford was caought sneeking a frog suit into the team bus this morning for a show of solidarity with Jadon, intending to take the knee in all green costume before kick off, Ten Hag obviously benched him for ‘internal disciplinary reasons’. But the truth will out!

NB: I must stress that there is no actual evidence that Raphael Varane has in fact consumed several previous team mates in the dressing room, at leat not in Thousand Island dressing.
Yeah I heard the same.

crossy1686

career ending
Is he ever coming back? Has he failed a habitual drugs test and been banned for 6 months or something and we’re covering?

How mentally or physically unfit can one person be? At some point being told to go and train on your own just ain’t going to make you feel better.

pascell

Is he ever coming back? Has he failed a habitual drugs test and been banned for 6 months or something and we’re covering?

How mentally or physically unfit can one person be? At some point being told to go and train on your own just ain’t going to make you feel better.
He's back training at Carrington, he'll be able 2-3 weeks away I'd say.

TheReligion

Abusive

Let’s not jump to conclusions like that with zero foundation.

He’s back in Manchester training at Carrington. Ten Hag spoke about this a few days ago.

I very much doubt any of that would be the case if he was in a spot of bother.

crossy1686

career ending
Let’s not jump to conclusions like that with zero foundation.

He’s back in Manchester training at Carrington. Ten Hag spoke about this a few days ago.

I very much doubt any of that would be the case if he was in a spot of bother.
Not jumping to any conclusions, just wondering why he’s been unavailable for such a long time, PL clubs have history of handling those type of bans in house with support from the FA.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Not jumping to any conclusions, just wondering why he’s been unavailable for such a long time, PL clubs have history of handling those type of bans in house with support from the FA.
True for other clubs, but since when did the FA support United? They would absolutely love it if they could catch out another United player, they would milk it for all they could.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was ill and then the club deemed he needed a specialized training camp in Netherlands to get up to speed physically and get his head right. It's not discipline or a ban, other than his own training discipline/motivation/confidence.

crossy1686

career ending
True for other clubs, but since when did the FA support United? They would absolutely love it if they could catch out another United player, they would milk it for all they could.
That’s also very true, they’d have loved to have leaked something like that to the tabloids

crossy1686

career ending
He was ill and then the club deemed he needed a specialized training camp in Netherlands to get up to speed physically and get his head right. It's not discipline or a ban, other than his own training discipline/motivation/confidence.
Not saying there’s anything untoward going on but it just seems like an abnormally long time to self inflict non playing time from the club, and I fear that the longer he is away, the more pressure there will be for him to perform when he does eventually come back.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Do grown up adults actually believe the FA is against United and favors other clubs so blatantly? Sorry to be harsh it just sounds crazy

Member 125398

Do grown up adults actually believe the FA is against United and favors other clubs so blatantly? Sorry to be harsh it just sounds crazy
Not necessarily a deliberate thing but a combination of factors, media coverage etc.. undoubtably leads to us being treated differently to other clubs. There's plenty of evidence.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not necessarily a deliberate thing but a combination of factors, media coverage etc.. undoubtably leads to us being treated differently to other clubs. There's plenty of evidence.
I think we are treated the same as other big clubs because we generate clicks. Same as Liverpool, Madrid or even Arsenal. Clubs that have a following or interest.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
:) It goes back over a hundred years. Many sports organisations didn't want professional players to threaten their control and the FA tried to bankrupt United for charging entry to spectators, they threatened to throw us out of the league if we entered European competition, they gave Ferdinand a lengthy ban for missing a drugs test even though they gave dozens of others no ban at all for failing them. I'm not a historian but that's the gist.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He was not fit enough to play more than 60 minutes early in the season and looked gassed even earlier than that. Not a huge surprise that he needs a few weeks of individual training to get to a proper fitness level of a professional footballer. I don't think there's much behind it, he's been absolutely abysmal for months prior to this pause and it was a good decision to put him on a program. He's our fourth or fifth best wide player anyway so it's not like we need him to return as soon as possible though would be useful to have another body available for the second half of season when games are tightly packed into our calendar. However we need him in a better physical condition and with more confidence and spirit as Sancho before November hurt team more than helped the team when he was on the pitch.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
He was not fit enough to play more than 60 minutes early in the season and looked gassed even earlier than that. Not a huge surprise that he needs a few weeks of individual training to get to a proper fitness level of a professional footballer. I don't think there's much behind it, he's been absolutely abysmal for months prior to this pause and it was a good decision to put him on a program. He's our fourth or fifth best wide player anyway so it's not like we need him to return as soon as possible though would be useful to have another body available for the second half of season when games are tightly packed into our calendar.
It seems a bit ridiculous to me that a 22yo professional footballer is so unfit that he has to be given his own special fitness program away from the rest of the team. And it's been going on for several weeks now and he's not even been in the squad. For a guy you paid £73mil for, no less, and is one of the highest paid players in the league. It doesn't make much sense.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Perhaps he has some mental issues. It affects everyone in any jobs or aspects of life. Highly paid or not.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Perhaps he has some mental issues. It affects everyone in any jobs or aspects of life. Highly paid or not.
Definitely seems that whatever is going on with him is more a mental/psychological, attitude or professionalism issue. Seems very serious too, as he hasn't been near the squad for a while now at a time when you're in need of creative options. An 18yo Garnacho who's barely played at this level is currently preferred over him. Hopefully whatever special training program ETH has him on will do the trick, or else I fear this will be an ongoing issue.

Nick7

I’ve read he lost a couple of people close to him over the past while, that’s why he was taken out of the squad. Re: his fitness I’ve no idea how true it is but I heard he’s been struggling since he caught covid a while back. Could be a case that he lost a bit after catching it but was never able to get a proper fitness recovery program and has been struggling since.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Any chance he’s back for the Everton/Charlton game? We could do with him back for city but preferably having played a couple games first for form. Our depth on the bench is atrocious for a top team like us.

saivet

Any chance he’s back for the Everton/Charlton game? We could do with him back for city but preferably having played a couple games first for form. Our depth on the bench is atrocious for a top team like us.
Probably unlikely given he's not training with the team. He's getting closer as he's now back at Carrington.

Perhaps he could be on the bench for City or Arsenal but they are not the games you'd bring him back featuring. I think the FA Cup 4th round (if we beat Everton) is probably the most likely.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve read he lost a couple of people close to him over the past while, that’s why he was taken out of the squad. Re: his fitness I’ve no idea how true it is but I heard he’s been struggling since he caught covid a while back. Could be a case that he lost a bit after catching it but was never able to get a proper fitness recovery program and has been struggling since.
If the COVID thing is true and his fitness has considerably declined, it sounds like this won't be an easy fix and will be an ongoing issue for him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It seems a bit ridiculous to me that a 22yo professional footballer is so unfit that he has to be given his own special fitness program away from the rest of the team. And it's been going on for several weeks now and he's not even been in the squad. For a guy you paid £73mil for, no less, and is one of the highest paid players in the league. It doesn't make much sense.
But we could see that on the pitch. He looked heavy on the ball and past 50-55 minute mark he could no longer run in pretty much any game early in the second. He tended to be all right (as in not completely terrible) in first halves but completely disappeared as the game progressed. I don't think there is much more behind it.

Nicolarra90

Based on nothing at all, but I think it all spun out of control from an episode where He and Rashford took mushrooms and Sancho was convinced he was a frog, ironical since he had been jokingly refering to Malacia as ‘froglegs’ in training and called Varane ‘frogeater’ on the club Christmas party when he wouldn’t eat the Yorkshire pudding in an attempt to show himself as a patriotic Lancastrian. After the psychotic episode, he still was paranoid about Varane eating him in the dressing room, and eventually stopped training completely because he thought Ten Hag was possessed by a toad. Erik duely sent him to his brothers frog farm in Enschede to fatten him up and get a good price for him in January. When Rashford was caought sneeking a frog suit into the team bus this morning for a show of solidarity with Jadon, intending to take the knee in all green costume before kick off, Ten Hag obviously benched him for ‘internal disciplinary reasons’. But the truth will out!

NB: I must stress that there is no actual evidence that Raphael Varane has in fact consumed several previous team mates in the dressing room, at leat not in Thousand Island dressing.
Hahahan't

mu4c_20le

If the COVID thing is true and his fitness has considerably declined, it sounds like this won't be an easy fix and will be an ongoing issue for him.
It was allegedly the cause for Messi's terrible season last year, and look at him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.