5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

I was a big fan of Sancho at Dortmund. I wanted us to sign him but it’s quite obvious he just hasn’t improved.

He’s never going to become a truly elite forward because his talent doesn’t make up for his lack of physical gifts or desire.

siw2007

With his wages, there is no way we will be able to offload him if we wished. On top of that we would have to spend a fair some to replace him in addition to getting the striker and possibly midfielder we want too. It is highly likely he will be here next season.

However, I am very disappointed with the acquisition of Sancho so far. It’s not that he isn’t a talented player, it’s quite clear he has great technical ability and skill. But it’s the lack of power and dynamism to his game that makes it look like he is always playing like a young boy struggling to step up to the men’s game.

At this point, maybe giving him a run in the team to see if he can get up to speed and start imposing himself on games.

RazorOz

It’s early to say it, but if someone was willing to give us a good portion of our money back this summer it might make sense for all involved. We’re two seasons in and he looks further away than ever.
No-one is going to give us a good portion of our money back for him. His wages will be a big problem in any sale. We'd be lucky to net anything at all when you consider how much of his wages we will still have to pay off I imagine. Which is also why it's very likely he won't leave this summer, as they will keep up the hope that he may come good rather than take a huge financial loss on him.

OrcaFat

The truth is they probably ended up going to the wrong team. Grealish is better suited to a team like United where he can pick up the ball and run at the defence like Rashford does at his best whereas Sancho is better suited to a pass and move style plus he already showed how well he could link up with Haaland.
If only we did get Grealish. He seems made for Utd. Oh well.

markbrennan

Look at Grealish he's not exactly been great has he?
. He is way better than sancho and is really starting to find his feet . City fans who watch him every week really rate him . He was man of match yesterday . Has sancho ever being man of match for us .

HookedOnAPhelan

Weird thing is, if Sancho is playing in that City side, he won't look out of place. Seriously.
He wouldn't play in that City side. They all have a minimum of physicality, determination and intensity. And those who don't are swiftly shipped out. It's time we do the same.

I wanted him to succeed so much, but let's be honest and admit he's nowhere close.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He won’t turn it around. I know some still dream of times when we sign exactly the right back, the forward and the midfielder he absolutely needs to thrive but truth is good players always find a way to perform or at least get the little things right. He’s hardly had two good games in a row since he came here and there are at least 30 better wingers in the league.

redNATION

Weird thing is, if Sancho is playing in that City side, he won't look out of place. Seriously.
No he wouldn’t, look at the likes of Sterling (who did far more than Sancho probably ever will do as a player) and Philips, the moment you stop performing you’re dropped and shipped out at City. At Utd, we seem to hold on to deadwood and even give them new contracts, Phil Jones is still here somehow.

Sancho is a lost cause, I said before in this thread that he’s finished and was laughed at, well I hope people are seeing it, he doesn’t have the fire and determination to succeed at the highest level, he has the talent but that’s nothing without the passion and drive we need at the club.

Telsim

Is he seriously on 350k / week? Why? We had no competition when we signed him and he desperately wanted to join. All the bargaining power should've been on our side of the wage negotiations.
A futile question where Woodward is concerned. And Ole, perhaps.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've yet to see him play one good game over 90 minutes. One game where I'm like "yeah, I see why we went for him". For us or England.

Other lightweight AMs we've had in recent years like Kagawa, Mkhi and Mata all had games that gave me hope despite none of them ultimately being good enough. I've not seen Sancho come anywhere near to some performances these had, and they didn't exactly set the highest bar. Even Lingard showed more.

Grealish was such the obvious choice yet we prioritised both Donny and Sancho over him. Flippin' 'eck.

Fabio Rochemback

If the squad was in a good place overall I'd be fine with giving him another chance next season. As it is we need at least 5 players and as of yet don't have oil money. Sell him and raise funds if possible.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm done with him. I sympathise with him in regards to the mentality issue - and I feel the club treated him fantastically well. Better than any other situation where a player is clearly in a bad place mentally. We gave him time to get fit, body and mind.

He just looks unfit and unbothered. He looks as if he is running in mud and doesn't know what to do at all.

If he salvages his United career from here, I'd be utterly shocked.
Sell him while his stock is still semi-considered as "potential".

Seveneric

What we’re not going to do is use hindsight to act like Grealish v Sancho was an obvious choice in Grealish’s favour, when Sancho was insanely hyped before the transfer.

Bondi77

I've yet to see him play one good game over 90 minutes. One game where I'm like "yeah, I see why we went for him". For us or England.

Other lightweight AMs we've had in recent years like Kagawa, Mkhi and Mata all had games that gave me hope despite none of them ultimately being good enough. I've not seen Sancho come anywhere near to some performances these had, and they didn't exactly set the highest bar. Even Lingard showed more.

Grealish was such the obvious choice yet we prioritised both Donny and Sancho over him. Flippin' 'eck.
We needed a RW and last time I checked Grealish is not a RW.
You should go back and look at the posters that were raving about VDB being proven in Europe and how he was a better option than Grealish.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

UnitedFan93

Argubably the biggest flop post Fergie. Lacks a fire burning inside him, no application, no drive, no determination, no fight. Seems a very weak personality who doesn't have the character and personality to wear the United shirt.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We needed a RW and last time I checked Grealish is not a RW.
You should go back and look at the posters that were raving about VDB being proven in Europe and how he was a better option than Grealish.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I didn't look at it like that. I looked at us needing players who could dribble, keep the ball under pressure, and bring some composure to our play. Grealish, to me, was the best option, was available, and would've come.

It's not hindsight for me. I said Donny was rubbish at Ajax when we were being linked with him. I said I'd always take Grealish over Sancho whilst he was still at Dortmund being raved about.

I don't even think we needed a RW. Our front three (the three Ms) looked awesome together at the time. What we needed was someone to compliment them and add some control to the team.

Drizzle

People wanking over Jude Bellingham here...

That's the reason. Stay clear of Dortmund
That's a ridiculous take. Not only is Bellingham clearly better than Sancho, but the probable premier league player of the season was just bought from them.

I think what you meant is - don't buy technical attacking midfielders from them who are clearly system players and don't have the physical attributes to succeed in the Prem.

VivaRonaldo85

Bar the goal vs Liverpool at the start of the season, an almighty disappointment in comparison to what I thought we were getting after two years of hype trying to sign him. He deserves ones more season under Erik to seek major improvement or I’d try to cash in after next season if still not up to it.

Bondi77

I didn't look at it like that. I looked at us needing players who could dribble, keep the ball under pressure, and bring some composure to our play. Grealish, to me, was the best option, was available, and would've come.

It's not hindsight for me. I said Donny was rubbish at Ajax when we were being linked with him. I said I'd always take Grealish over Sancho whilst he was still at Dortmund being raved about.

I don't even think we needed a RW. Our front three (the three Ms) looked awesome together at the time. What we needed was someone to compliment them and add some control to the team.
Donny is not suited to the Premier League but to say he was rubbish at Ajax is idiotic!

Drizzle

He deserves ones more season under Erik to seek major improvement or I’d try to cash in after next season if still not up to it.
What has he done to 'deserve' one more season, exactly? The guy is a flop in every possible way.

We're probably going to get stuck with him because of the glazernomic hangover and his wages, but we really cannot be tolerating this level of gross underperformance. Almost 2 seasons now. He deserves nothing from us.

Jeffthered

He's become like an upgraded version of Jesse Lindgard imo. No idea what's going on with him at all.

He can go.

VivaRonaldo85

What has he done to 'deserve' one more season, exactly? The guy is a flop in every possible way.

We're probably going to get stuck with him because of the glazernomic hangover and his wages, but we really cannot be tolerating this level of gross underperformance. Almost 2 seasons now. He deserves nothing from us.
Two years chasing after an excellent young career in the bundesliga and champions league and with age on his side, you can’t be getting rid yet. And with another season of this manager to get the best out of him after a troubled campaign with the various personal issues reported. Plus we’re not big enough anymore to splurge £75 million and if it’s no good, we just throw it away without a fight.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Donny is not suited to the Premier League but to say he was rubbish at Ajax is idiotic!
He suited their team, and a weak league, but his lack of quality was always evident. People point to their impressive CL run and his contribution but de Jong absolutely carried that midfield.

Chief123

I was one of the chief cnuts who was sold by his dazzling displays in Bundesliga. I bought the hype.

As much as I wish him well, he isn’t it. He’s far from it.

Drizzle

Two years chasing after an excellent young career in the bundesliga and champions league and with age on his side, you can’t be getting rid yet.
You absolutely can, and should, if he's obviously not going to be good enough. Way too much patience and loyalty shown in the last decade to players that don't deserve it.

Look, if he was inconsistent, occasionally brilliant but often underwhelming, then yes, there's something to work with. But he's consistently shite. With a handful of nice goals. In nearly 2 seasons. Bye.

Chief123

If we can get 40m in the summer to move him on I'd take it.
I actually think Dortmund would absolutely love him back. Unfortunately we’ve stitched ourselves up with the contract we’ve given him.

Zaboot

We are stuck with him until his contract runs out. No club is going to pay anywhere near what we paid for him or pay him the wages we are paying. The only option is to try and get a tune out of him while he is here.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm not sure we could afford to take the FFP hit even if we could sell him in the summer. Wouldn't we have to write off the remainder of his amortisation value (~£45m?) less anything we recouped? Unless we could get at least £30m for him I think we'd be more fecked from an FFP point of view than if we kept him. Might be wrong on that one - not quite sure how the wages factor into it all.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I actually think Dortmund would absolutely love him back. Unfortunately we’ve stitched ourselves up with the contract we’ve given him.
That's another thing with Sancho. That contract we gave him. We need to stop giving players big contracts when they've done nothing to deserve it. At least make certain he's the type who won't coast through once he's "made it". Don't think Sancho has the drive and that contract has made him rest on his laurels a tad

Status
Not open for further replies.