5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's a strange thing with Sancho; when he has a bad involvement, he often follows it up with an even worse on. It's like he's losing it a bit.

I've been backing Sancho all the way to become good for us, but I most admit I'm starting having serious doubts if he has the mental strength that is needed.
I used to be convinced that he was a confidence player and lack of confidence after the Euro fiasco was the reason for his slow start. However with time I have started leaning towards the idea of him being more of an effort player, it’s just like he cannot be bothered to actually try anything and prefers to go for the safest possible option whenever he has the ball. Whatever the reason, his complete reluctance to try to do anything other than pass to the nearest player behind him is ultra frustrating.

It’s not likely to be the case of him being surrounded with incorrect players like it’s been suggested many times and even if it somehow were, I don’t think he has shown anywhere near enough promise for us to try to accommodate those needs as a priority.

owlo

I used to be convinced that he was a confidence player and lack of confidence after the Euro fiasco was the reason for his slow start. However with time I have started leaning towards the idea of him being more of an effort player, it’s just like he cannot be bothered to actually try anything and prefers to go for the safest possible option whenever he has the ball. Whatever the reason, his complete reluctance to try to do anything other than pass to the nearest player behind him is ultra frustrating.

It’s not likely to be the case of him being surrounded with incorrect players like it’s been suggested many times and even if it somehow were, I don’t think he has shown anywhere near enough promise for us to try to accommodate those needs as a priority.
I feel like Martial is the classic example of an effort player. One that pisses you right off because of what could have been.

I'm starting to be convinced that bundesliga and most cl teams are just poor, and he's simply not that good and its knocked his confidence to the point he doesnt know what will and wont work. I think Bellingham would be found out too.

dpansheth

usually agree with my fellow railblazers (& portland guy). He needs to find a new club. If we are sold to anyone, SJR or Qatar, I think he's gone.
I can see how ETH first tried to accommodate him (sent him for a break) & then put pressure on him to perform, both have not worked. He does not look like an elite EPL player to anyone.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Those who had found a million and one excuses to defend Jones has probably found his successor in Sancho
Couldn't wait to see him in a United shirt and always thought he just needed a bit of time to settle in. Roll the cameras forward a few seasons and I've come to the realisation I was talking out of my arse.

At least with Jones you could be assured that his 10 appearances a season he'd give100% every time. Pashun innit? With Sancho he looks like he's running with a backpack on filled with a months wages. Enough to weigh anyone down.

RazorOz

I feel like Martial is the classic example of an effort player. One that pisses you right off because of what could have been.

I'm starting to be convinced that bundesliga and most cl teams are just poor, and he's simply not that good and its knocked his confidence to the point he doesnt know what will and wont work. I think Bellingham would be found out too.
Tbf to Bellingham he has also continually looked very good for England, so there's context outside Bundesliga to suggest he's very good. He also has the physical attributes where it won't be a case of he won't be physically up to it in the Premier League. I just don't see any way he isn't a success in the Premier League or wherever he goes next.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Tbf to Bellingham he has also continually looked very good for England, so there's context outside Bundesliga to suggest he's very good. He also has the physical attributes where it won't be a case of he won't be physically up to it in the Premier League. I just don't see any way he isn't a success in the Premier League or wherever he goes next.
Also dealt with the rough and tumble of The Championship at a young age.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Couldn't wait to see him in a United shirt and always thought he just needed a bit of time to settle in. Roll the cameras forward a few seasons and I've come to the realisation I was talking out of my arse.

At least with Jones you could be assured that his 10 appearances a season he'd give100% every time. Pashun innit? With Sancho he looks like he's running with a backpack on filled with a months wages. Enough to weigh anyone down.
Football is played by people and people can dissapoint you. This sort of shit can happen. I don't fully blame the club for this but I would blame them if years pass and he is still here

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sancho left out of England U-19s after missing training

Sancho's future in doubt as he fails to turn up to City training on several occasions

Dortmund fine Sancho 100k & make him train individually after returning late from England duty

Dropped to Dortmund U23s after being late several times for training

Dropped from England World Cup qualifier after being late to team meeting

Fined for breaking COVID restrictions, brands it an "absolute joke" on Twitter

Benched for Barca vs. Dortmund after missing team meeting

Rumours of Dortmund dropping him for two weeks due to breaking quarantine rules

Now some of the above might be bollocks, but there are way too many stories like this to suggest that Sancho doesn't have a history of discipline problems. He even started his career here by decided he would sack off linking up with the team and going on holiday instead, despite having barely played in the Euros.

He won't be the first young, talented player to experience growing pains like this and he won't be the last. He can still turn it round in this respect, and maybe he already has begun doing so even if the performances on the pitch haven't improved... but on WHAT PLANET do you offer a 21 year old kid a £350k a week, 5 + 1 year contract when he has a history of discipline and focus issues?

Even the most dedicated, disciplined 21 year old on the planet would be affected motivationally by receiving such a reward at such a tender age, nevermind one who has clearly demonstrated that he needs extra careful nurturing, guidance and discipline.

It was absolutely negligent of Woodward to hand out this contract. This hopefully will be the last of his big mistakes we have to resolve over the next couple of years.

Ten Hag will have a job on his hands navigating this situation when he has a dressing room including multiple Champions League winners, World Cup winners, players that work their bollocks off every week on less than Sancho when he's turning in performances like he has been. I believe Ten Hag is the man to do it, but he's been given a hospital pass by the previous regime on this one just like he was with Ronaldo.
Feck he is really here for the money isn't he? Despite his talent there's no urgency in his play, he is like a new Pogba for us, but a worse version of Pogba.

glasgow 21

I have put my thoughst on Sancho on this forums before. A player needs both the ability, the brain and the will. Sancho's seems to me to have check out due to high wages. We have seen it before its not unique. Winston Bogarde, Pato etc. We can also add to this the scenario is in plain sight. Garnacho if fit would start in front of Sancho. This year was always in my opinion a free hit for Ten Hag when you look at the situations that have arisen due to a squad that had been put together without any real plan other than a child thrown into a sweetie shop mentality. This is why we need a sale to a buyer with deep pockets as a clear out is needed and it needs done this summer.

AFC NimbleThumb

Willing to buy all the Sancho stock you lot are selling, please DM me your best rates.

The Starboy will come good.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The optimism of some reminds me of the Depay one though he had that Brugge game to lean on Sancho has nothing.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Willing to buy all the Sancho stock you lot are selling, please DM me your best rates.

The Starboy will come good.
Bought mine for £10 per share. I'll sell you them for £0.03p and I still think you're being done. Talent is there but he's absolutely no motivation to improve himself. Too much money has taken away his hunger.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Having watched quite a few of his Dortmund games, it feels like the 'intentionality' to make things happen has gone missing. In a yellow shirt, he'd take the ball and immediately decide to take someone on, or which passes to pick to take play further and move accordingly. Even with his movement, he was a split second ahead of defenders - he'd anticipate things faster and get there first.

He's a split second late to everything, now, by the looks of it. And he's unsure of what to do once he has the ball - the 'intentionality' or clarity of thought seems missing. All the other attributes seem intact - but without these he is a slow, pnderous, ineffective shadow of the player he was.

Because this seems mental more than physical, hope EtH can coach it out and we see the clear potential the man has being put to use.
Noticed this too. He seems a split second behind what’s needed for his kind of play.

It definitely seems a big risk taking these kind of players from Bundesliga. So many flop after looking good there. Bellingham is high risk imo, but he could break the mould.

Erics_Collar

Astounding that this waster keeps getting chance after chance. Would you blame Pellistri for wanting to leave this summer?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He'll get slated again, and a lot of it will be deserved because the final pass or shot just wasn't really there, but I thought there were positive signs from him today.

A lot more intensity from him, more movement off the ball when we had possession, better application in defence, showed a bit of strength to hold onto the ball in a couple of situations where he's previously been shrugged off it. Also took more risks than he often does, and even if they didn't come off today, I think they'll start to if he keeps playing in that manner.

acnumber9

He needs to be doing so much better. I’m starting to think we’ll never see his talent.

Nick7

Good second half. More of that and more confidence and hopefully (hopefully) he will kick on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crap in the first half, but better in the second half to be fair - though obviously still being hampered by the fact that he's just not very good.

My god he's slow though - I reckon Juan Mata would fancy himself in a race against him.

Syphon Wallet

I thought he was absolutely shocking today, while the rest if the team had a good game.
I think he might not make it.

ManRed

Was more aggresive today, he beat a man on the outside. But still not good enough and a big missed chance after 45 seconds

The United

Much much better in term of intensity although he seemed to be out of breath for the last 10 mins or so.

Lyng

Crap in the first half, but better in the second half to be fair - though obviously still being hampered by the fact that he's just not very good.

My god he's slow though - I reckon Juan Mata would fancy himself in a race against him.
Yeah I dont think he is fast enough for the league to be honest. See no reason why he should start ahead of Pellestri.

ForeverRed1

Deserves a run of games and strong finish to the season before we write him off. Next season will be make or break for him I feel. There will be no room for excuses. His third season in the league.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There were a couple of moments where the pass was so clearly on for him to release a ball first-time, one for Bruno and a even apparent one for Martial. But Sancho just keeps hold of the ball for too long in those instances.

eire-red

You can't help but think about Rashford or Garnacho down the left with all that space he had. Another couple of goals easily I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.