Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well done Jesse but shows you the current plight of the English national team. Jesse should be nowhere near the team after two games and to think of guys you used to have that couldn't get a game or the strikers that were our top strikers and tearing up the league year on year and couldn't get a game for England (how times have changed) Sheringham/Cole/Fowler/Sutton/Phillips would be automatic starters nowadays and the likes of Cascarino and Andy Townsend would have played for England.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Zaha has just got 1 goal and 0 assist for him this season. Why the sudden clamour to call him up? Agree with the Albrighton shout though.
Another player that is massively overrated by some for some reason. Remember when Moyes didn't play him and sent him out on loan? Christ.

Born2Lose

Lingard no better than fecking Zaha? Their respective performances when given a chance at United show the difference in quality. I really don't get why Lingard is respected so little on this forum.
Sign of the times, best part of being a United supporter for me is seeing hungry young players. Of course it doesn't help that a lot of people were proved wrong about him either..

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Well done Jesse but shows you the current plight of the English national team. Jesse should be nowhere near the team after two games and to think of guys you used to have that couldn't get a game or the strikers that were our top strikers and tearing up the league year on year and couldn't get a game for England (how times have changed) Sheringham/Cole/Fowler/Sutton/Phillips would be automatic starters nowadays and the likes of Cascarino and Andy Townsend would have played for England.
Injuries play a role as well, to be fair. If Sturridge, Welbeck, Walcott, Ox were fit, that squad would be much different. Actually if Vardy hadn't pulled out Lingard probably wouldn't have gotten the call.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I usually am one to give time to youngsters and while I'm not writing him off I just don't see Utd quality in him

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Oh I think he has a proper chance, much more so than the likes of Blackett anyway.

People are saying he doesn't deserve the England call-up, and is being picked because he plays for United, but the alternatives being mentioned (Zaha, Albrighton, Puncheon) are not above his level, and let's not forget he has managed to push Young and Memphis out of our team for now on merit.

prateik

Why the surprise? This isnt new. Players get unexpected call ups all the time.
England took a 16 year old to the WC in 2006... for no reason.

He is clearly rated by someone at the club.. and maybe the English manager wants to have a look at him in training to see how he has progressed...
There were vacancies in the squad after a couple of injuries and some kid got called up. Big deal.

Drifter

American
Beeb panel ripping him apart. Saying it does not take much to get into the England squad nowadays.

Watford 1:2 Man Utd

prateik

The match thread might not agree, but I think he has done well.
Missed a sitter.. couldnt get the elevation.. happens.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Almost costed us game with that shit chip, but he was excellent all around. After all, we scored the second after his shot.

Godfather

Would that have been Depay he would have been torn to shreds today. Very very wasteful.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Forgetting the miss, I think he was pretty poor. It is harsh but I think it's pretty clear he's a standard below the general level of our team, and I don't see him improving massively.

Tosicsleftpeg

He tried very hard and made good runs but he had brilliant chances and missed them. That to me shows a lack of top class talent, don't get me wrong I think he can do a job for us but I don't see him being a key player for us more of a squad player.

paulscholes18

Poor finishing, but showed good attacking intent with running with the ball, also trying to break the Watford back line, not always timing his runs correctly

Bwuk

Did ok. Should of scored though. Clear that neither him nor Memphis are strikers though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good positioning. At least he's making the run and got footballing brain. Good progress all things considered.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He tried very hard and made good runs but he had brilliant chances and missed them. That to me shows a lack of top class talent, don't get me wrong I think he can do a job for us but I don't see him being a key player for us more of a squad player.
Or maybe it shows he isn't a striker?

His movement and linkup with Memphis was superb, throw in an actual striker like Martial with them and we'd be seeing a very different story.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not a great match but played a big role in our winner. People need to consider that he was playing in an unfamiliar position.

NinjaFletch

I thought he was bright today, but it just didn't work for him. It happens with young players.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great movement, poor finishing.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I think he was great, to be honest. Never stopped running, good movement, made all the right decisions and was a real threat. He'll learn to put those chances away eventually, so it's amazing how people have been ripping into his performance today.

Kag

He was shite today, and I'm not referring to the missed chances either. He gave it away a fair bit, got caught offside far too often and was weak when up against the centre halves. Throw in the poor finishing and it wasn't a great game.

That said, he's a nice player to just have on the pitch. Adds an energy and unpredictability to an otherwise stale attack.

the hea

His finishing was poor today and he needs to improve on that but overall I thought he did well, his work rate is exellent but what has impressed me the most so far is his off the ball movement he makes some very clever runs which opens up space oth for him and his team mates.

m1y2

1) hes not striker 2) that just happens he scored shitload of goals before he will score for us 3) his movement is incredible, rooney wouldt get nowehere near that second chance, lingard tirelessly stretched the opposition today and put in good effort, also he has an assist if its BFS goal.

I am content with him, memphis wasted so many chances t the start as well and nobody wrote him off, its good players re getting to those chances looks like revelation after what rooney showed to us this season...

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
was good at everything apart from finishing, thank God we scored the winner as he would be crucified for that 1v1 miss.....

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
His miss undermined a good peformance and could of been costly. He made up for it however with his part in the winner.

I enjoy watching us play more when he is the side. He brings fluency with his short combination passing and movement.

tom33

Good movement and tireless running in a position he's not familiar with. The chance was harder than people seem to think, but he definitely should have gotten it past Gomes at least. Still not sure he has enough for United in the long term though.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I thought he looked good upfront. Showed us the kind of movement that Rooney has been lacking. However his finishing was shit.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
On a plus side....great that he finsd himself in these scoring situations, as.for negatives....he wasted.3 good chances today. Thats about as many chances as Rooney has has all season.
It was two chances(not three) in which Rooney would never end up because he is nowhere near quick as him. He would probably feck up first touches too, since Lingard found himself in the first chance mostly because he produced excellent first touch. And the shot wasn't bad at all, Gomes made good save. Second chance was shit chip though.

Status
Not open for further replies.