5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

He was invisible today even by his usual low standards.

He could do a job as a backup squad player maybe, but that is it. If he is regularly starting games, and in the fecking number 10 position, then we won't be winning any major trophies any time soon.

Shimo

Was poor today but, simply don't understand why LVG didn't swap Mata and him as Mata was also completely ineffectual where he was playing. But, comments about him being a nothing player are a bit much - he is not a top level player that should be starting regularly for us - though that may change but, he is a solid squad player and would be good enough regular starter for any of the mid level clubs based on his current level. It's his first year as a XI player and just has to keep working to step it up.

stevoc

Lingard playing in the centre should never happen again. Totally anonymous in there, good on the right at times so thats where he should play from.

Mata was good enough today but everything good that he did he could have did in the centre and maybe more. He's wasted out on the right, he provides zero width.

Swapping them would be a no brainer for everyone but Van Gaal it seems, what he sees in having both these players play out of position is beyond me.

Sylar

As I remember him he started pretty well when he finally got his chance, both in terms of overall play but also in terms of goals and assist, nothing extraordinary, but good enough to atleast be a squad player for us. Now he's just become a nothing player doing the simple things all the time, he offers absolutely nothing, and just look like a player who'll do the simple things in order to keep his place in the team.
Thats fair enough. He has five goals and four assists. And im sure most of that came early part of him playing for us this season as opposed to later (although I could be wrong)
I also think he was unlucky as well near the beginning with some of his shots hitting the post (eg his chance against City)

Recently hes just been poor, eg his shot against Everton in the FA cup. That was a terrible attempt.

Brightonian

This criticism is all massively overblown. When he has great games he gets, at best, grudging acknowledgements tempered into oblivion with 'but we need a bigger name in the summer' and 'in the future he could be a good squad player'. Then one quiet performance in a much-changed team - and one where he was average, rather than actually bad, and certainly a lot better than Depay, Rooney or Rojo, to name just three - and the knives are out.

I'm not saying he's a superstar who'll deserve to stay in the first team forever. But he's been an under-appreciated part of the Rashford-Martial attack, makes an important contribution that the many, many caf statisticians don't have a column of numbers for, and just as importantly busts a gut game-in game-out unlike a number of flashier names in our squad. It's pathetic that Manchester United fans have got to a place where you're more likely to get a positive reception if you're a big-money signing with a foreign sounding name than a local lad from the academy. These days the academy products seem to have to offer twice as much as the big transfers to get a look-in on the caf.

Owngoalscorer

This criticism is all massively overblown. When he has great games he gets, at best, grudging acknowledgements tempered into oblivion with 'but we need a bigger name in the summer' and 'in the future he could be a good squad player'. Then one quiet performance in a much-changed team - and one where he was average, rather than actually bad, and certainly a lot better than Depay, Rooney or Rojo, to name just three - and the knives are out.

I'm not saying he's a superstar who'll deserve to stay in the first team forever. But he's been an under-appreciated part of the Rashford-Martial attack, makes an important contribution that the many, many caf statisticians don't have a column of numbers for, and just as importantly busts a gut game-in game-out unlike a number of flashier names in our squad. It's pathetic that Manchester United fans have got to a place where you're more likely to get a positive reception if you're a big-money signing with a foreign sounding name than a local lad from the academy. These days the academy products seem to have to offer twice as much as the big transfers to get a look-in on the caf.
Agree 100% with your post

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
13 matches, zero contribution and just because he's an academy player doesn't mean he has to play for United. No comparison to Rashford or Martial and is not part of this "trio" because he gives them nothing and before the end of the year he's 24. Hold hands with Van Gaal as you leave together.

Godfather

He is just not United quality. Loves the team and is a youth product though which clouds many ppl's judgement on him. I like him as well. Doesn't change the fact he is pretty average.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Just saw the images from his video....

From Robson, Keane, Scholes, Butt, Hargreaves, Fletcher to this little idiot

fecking Carrick the first one down on the floor hiding :rolleyes:

Sigma

Don't think there was anything wrong with the video if I'm honest.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
How have we spunked endless money and ended up with this clown playing for us? Yet Leicester and Spurs have spent much less and have Alli and Mahrez. The answer is simple, Spurs have a manager who can develop talent and Leicester's scouting is on point. We have Woodward flinging money around on signings he thinks will keep him in the fans good books, who the next moron Van Gaal fails to do anything with as he slowly destroys their confidence and love of the game. It is really that bad here right now.

Varun

Staff
If I was the manager, he'd have been fined 2 weeks wages and not played a minute more of this season for the feckwittery in the coach. Tbf, he wouldn't dare do this if our club wasn't full of weak cnuts from manager down.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If I was the manager, he'd have been fined 2 weeks wages and not played a minute more of this season for the feckwittery in the coach. Tbf, he wouldn't dare do this if our club wasn't full of weak cnuts from manager down.
Imagine him behaving like this if SAF was manager?

buckooo1978

Acting like a 13 year old in that video but more importantly has contributed next to nothing in months

Happy to see him shipped out along with a few others

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He should have Gibson's place in our squad i.e 5th or 6th choice.

Also, that frickin video..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's the video, amol?
The one with the players' (Lingard and others in the background) giggling and being hysterical like 12 year olds when our team bus was being attacked.

Seems to have been taken off twitter.

EDIT: Invictus to the rescue!

Eddy_JukeZ

Lmao at that video.

How far our club has fallen.

Some of these players should be nowhere near the club and yet we rely on them week in and week out.

Manny

Grammar Police
Apparently our youth products know what this club is about...

I've defended him this season but I wouldn't mind seeing him dumped out of the club for that video alone.
Don't think there was anything wrong with the video if I'm honest.
That's because you're 18.

RonaldoVII

He's a fecking idiot for sharing that video and makes a fool of those addressing the serious side of it. It might be different if he made a contribution in a game once in a while but he doesn't. Should be fined and banned.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
taken from http://www.football365.com/news/manchester-united-the-ridiculous-statistics

* Jesse Lingard has created 13 chances in 1545 minutes while playing as an attacking midfielder. Other players who have created 13 Premier League chances this season are Bryan Oviedo (998 minutes), Gabriel Agbonlahor (1037 minutes) and Modou Barrow (750 minutes).

there can be no excuses... lingard is the definition lvg's reign. the embodiment of a failed era.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Jesus Christ, the complete overreaction to that video :lol: Is the Caf filled with joyless 60-year olds who do nothing but complain about todays youths?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Jesus Christ, the complete overreaction to that video :lol: Is the Caf filled with joyless 60-year olds who do nothing but complain about todays youths?
My favourite is how Fergie would never allow any of this. Do people not remember who Rio Ferdinand was? Players fecking around and making dumb videos is nothing new.

Bojan11

My favourite is how Fergie would never allow any of this. Do people not remember who Rio Ferdinand was? Players fecking around and making dumb videos is nothing new.
So would he be posting that before a important game under Fergie?

Ferguson also told the players not to tweet about the club.

204Red

My employer doesn't allow me to post things while I am at work (and especially things that relate to my job).

Taxx

We might cringe at that video, but that part is just modern day sports/communication. You may not like it, but there are millions that do.

And yes, I think I recall the video being put out before kickoff.

Devil81

Made a twat of himself and the rest of the players, hysterical is an understatement. I actually love how calm CBJ is sat in his seat whilst the others are lay on the ground like big girls.

facund

Nah, Fergie would have merked all of 'em. Hopefully people get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.