5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

I like Jesse, he was very good yday. He's missed some guilt chances this season though.

Hope he can improve with his end product or he'll end up annoying me much like Welbeck did.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was excellent first half, was involved in everything good we did.

2nd half sort of passed him by and was letting baines get a bit too much room at times, but on another day if his finishing was there he could have had an assist and 2 goals easily.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Thought he was excellent first half, was involved in everything good we did.

2nd half sort of passed him by and was letting baines get a bit too much room at times, but on another day if his finishing was there he could have had an assist and 2 goals easily.
... but that's just it. He's had many other days and nobody can remember the last time he scored or had assist because it's been 11 games (or so I believe). The guy is definitely being given a free ride these days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
... but that's just it. He's had many other days and nobody can remember the last time he scored or had assist because it's been 11 games (or so I believe). The guy is definitely being given a free ride these days.
Unfortunately at present we don't have any alternatives. We have Mata, but the team looks much worse with him playing. Lingard may not be putting up the stats, but he's enabling Rashford and Martial to do the business.

Bwuk

Goals and assists total of 9 in 34 appearances for someone who's one of the main attackers in our starting 11 is poor no matter how you spin it

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Why is 11 games without a goal or assist such a ludicrous stat for an inexperienced player? You'd think Ruud, Rooney or Beckham had never done the same...

stevoc

Mata has 15 from 47
Rooney has 15 from 34
Martial 18 from 48.
Considering the cost of those players, it's not far away.
Though I expect him to improve on those figures.
Does Rooney only have one assist and Martial only 3?

Brightonian

Goals and assists total of 9 in 34 appearances for someone who's one of the main attackers in our starting 11 is poor no matter how you spin it
His finishing is very poor in comparison to the rest of his game at the moment, no question. But he's not really an attacker, he's a midfielder playing high up the pitch. You'd be better off comparing his stats to Mata's and also considering things like passes per game, pass completion, key passes, tackles, distance run etc.

Or, better still, just using your eyes - he's clearly an important part of this trio even if he's not necessarily the one getting the goals and assists. He's the one who starts the little moves, connects Rashford and Martial with little flicks and back-heels, keeps the whole thing flowing. If you watch carefully, he's also often the one who leads the press - he chooses to hound the player with the ball when he sees an opportunity, and Rashford and Martial then tend to respond and close down their own men. You need players like that in any attack.

Crashoutcassius

If he can improve his finishing he would be our most important player. He was a calm finisher at youth level but doens't appear to have a cool head, although he is inside his first 25 starts in the top division.

A strong runner creates space that we've been crying out for in attack. His defensive work helps us win the ball closer to the goal, and his all round game is quite good, as in he can pass, shoot, dribble, tackle, run, cross.

Fair chance he never develops a killer instinct and doesn't hit his potential in his next 25 games or the 50 after that and has to leave. Also a fair chance that a manager who doesn't care about home grown players enters the scene and just signs an already established player from spain or argentina. But I hope it works out for him

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
I don't get the negativity surrounding Lingard on here, Whilst I dont expect him to ever become a world beater id say he's already a great squad option he works his butt off for the team every game unlike some and also looks to be pretty popular amongst the rest of the squad. It's like he needs to be a potential balon D'or winner or else he's a nobody to some.
I Reckon he deserves his place as it stands and he also has plenty time to improve and as long as he stays at the club I would imagine he will have an immense hunger to do so.

pacifictheme

I don't get the negativity surrounding Lingard on here, Whilst I dont expect him to ever become a world beater id say he's already a great squad option he works his butt off for the team every game unlike some and also looks to be pretty popular amongst the rest of the squad. It's like he needs to be a potential balon D'or winner or else he's a nobody to some.
I Reckon he deserves his place as it stands and he also has plenty time to improve and as long as he stays at the club I would imagine he will have an immense hunger to do so.
Whilst i don't disagree with you, we have 4 front players. Martial and Rashford are much brighter prospects, but are also learning their trade. We haven't got room for a 3rd inexperienced inconsistent performer. Hes already what? 22, 23? Out of our front 4 hes the obvious one to replace.

Someone needs to be a consistent, world class performer, or we'll not come close in the league for some time. A squad player at best for me.

Plus he has no composure whatsoever.

m1y2

Whilst i don't disagree with you, we have 4 front players. Martial and Rashford are much brighter prospects, but are also learning their trade. We haven't got room for a 3rd inexperienced inconsistent performer. Hes already what? 22, 23? Out of our front 4 hes the obvious one to replace.

Someone needs to be a consistent, world class performer, or we'll not come close in the league for some time. A squad player at best for me.

Plus he has no composure whatsoever.
he's been one of the most consistent players while shifted around from left to right, he's very dependable player and for that reason he starts ahead of so called world class talent from Holland.
Some people are too lazy to give credit to a player who deserves it while being hungry to see a player who just goes past players. Lingard is no Ronaldo, his game is diffrent, but right now deserves to start ahead of Mata or Depay that is good enough for me to keep his starting spot, if a better player comes to the team and performs better than Lingard and make him a more squad player then okay, a least it will make Lingard work even harder, he's still young and has much higher potential than someone like Fletcher had and as we know he was one of our most important players during his peak years with us..

Blue always red

I think Lingard is top, does so much off the ball work. The runs he made against Everton is what we severely lack, and in time, he will gain composure and put away those chances. I'd say he's the most under-rated player in our attack. Take him out and we suffer.

jem

he's been one of the most consistent players while shifted around from left to right, he's very dependable player and for that reason he starts ahead of so called world class talent from Holland.
Some people are too lazy to give credit to a player who deserves it while being hungry to see a player who just goes past players. Lingard is no Ronaldo, his game is diffrent, but right now deserves to start ahead of Mata or Depay that is good enough for me to keep his starting spot, if a better player comes to the team and performs better than Lingard and make him a more squad player then okay, a least it will make Lingard work even harder, he's still young and has much higher potential than someone like Fletcher had and as we know he was one of our most important players during his peak years with us..
He does?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
im usually the first one to praise his performances so i guess its only right to be the first when he isnt producing....
Leicester did a great job on him and LVG didnt help him much with the team selection. He has 3 players(LAV, Rooney, Fellaini) that are always close to him and only one(LAV) can combine so he is pretty much forced to play on his own and dribble and thats the segment of the game where he isnt good. Both Rashford and Martial are to far from him so something needs to be changed. Hopefully he moves more centrally but somehow i doubt that will happen.....

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
A really you fecking kidding me? He's been useless, easily the most frustrating attacking player today. How does this guy play every match in an attacking position without scoring or assisting?

Mister_Stubbs

I think Lingard is top, does so much off the ball work. The runs he made against Everton is what we severely lack, and in time, he will gain composure and put away those chances. I'd say he's the most under-rated player in our attack. Take him out and we suffer.
Sorry but :lol:

He has been poor again today, how he gets games ahead of Juan Mata and co is beyond belief.

Mr.Kaya

A really you fecking kidding me? He's been useless, easily the most frustrating attacking player today. How does this guy play every match in an attacking position without scoring or assisting?
Has Mata/Memphis been any better?...

Mr.Kaya

Mata yes, without question.
I'm not so sure about that really. He's quite slow and not as good as Lingard in the defensive work, and doesn't exactly score lots of goals either. He probably have more assists then Lingard, but I don't think he's been providing enough of those lately either. There's a reason why both him and Memphis are on the bench.

Jerch

I rarely say that about our players but he is useless. We are better with playing Mata or Memphis instead of him.

Mike09

I don't see why we took him off for Mata. Mata was just way worse and we played worse when Lingard off and Mata on. At least Lingard offered something and tried to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.