5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

His shooting is on the level of Sterling's. Absolutely no purpose in it. Just hits and hopes.

Other than that, his general play in improving.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He had a very good first half aside from the misses. Like Rashford, he wasn't much very relevant n the second but that is partly to do with the midfield collapsing.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Better not to make stuff about him hiding me thinks.
I have no favourites with any United players and never have - if a player plays well he'll get credit, if a player plays badly he'll get criticised.

Watch the match and recent matches again.

If he plays well he'll get credit from me, it's been a long wait.. and I don't make things up.
Have nothing against the guy personally but am not a fanboy who loves particular players or hates other players.

I have just had enough of Jesse Lingard for the moment - if he suddenly makes a miraculous transformation into a decent enough player for United then I hope he has a long United career ahead of him, but somehow doubt it.

Last edited:

WhoDaGOAT

He did a lot of good things, but his lack of end product is killing his likability factor for the casual fan/ignorant.

It frustrates me too, as I like the guy and can see a lot of positives in his style of play.

The technique for the half volley was actually very good. Robles positions himself well and covers his angles well. A firm connection. Unlucky.

The scuffed shot with his left foot was more disappointing. That was a lovely team move.

He is still worth a place in the current side and is likely to be a useful squad player moving forward.

saivet

I actually thought he was one of if not our worst player today. Not awful today, but quite frustrating at times.

Kag

Probably one of his best games for the club. He's got a lot of great attributes, but the one thing he doesn't seem to have is a killer instinct.

Until that changes he'll struggle to ever really kick on.

marlowe78

Needs to work on his finishing. Steady general game but if he doesn't learn to finish he'll be a lesser version of Welbeck.

Walters_19_MuFc

His understanding of the game and movement is what impresses me the most. Like against West Ham, he was constantly finding pockets of space in behind Everton's midfield and linking up with those around him. Should have probably had a couple of goals, and if he can improve on his finishing, he can be a really good, important player for us, in my opinon.

@GifLord Have you got a gif of when he played a backheel through to Rashford, please?

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Looks good off the ball (movement wise). But just a very poor finisher and lacks any sort of killer ball for the position he plays. Shouldn't be in our first 11.

saivet

Saw someone tweet that he's better off the ball than he is on it and we often look better collectively because of it. Similar to Welbeck really.

eggwithsideburns

If Lingard can improve his finishing then he could be a good player for us but its not easy to just improve your finishing, Welbeck for example. At the moment Lingard is a forward who doesn't really score or assist so it seems obvious that we should look to bringing in a better player to be starting for us. Its good that a local lad is being given his chance and he has been given every opportunity to impress, Its up to him. he does posses some useful tools and should be a valued squad player still.

tom33

He did waste a couple of good chances, but I thought his all-round performance was very good. As I've said before, I don't know whether he's really got enough, but if he keeps building on his understanding with Martial and Rashford, it certainly won't hurt his chances.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Say he disappears and avoids play

Get shown he had more touches than anyone

"Stats mean nothing"

Mike Summerbee eat your heart out.

NinjaFletch

He was great and at the heart of everything good we did when we got him the ball. Struggled to get into the game when Carrick and Rooney, i.e. the people who's job it is to get him the ball, forgot to come out after half time.

Needs to be sent on a Rashford like crash course in finishing mind.

Norris

I don't know but Welbeck is a far better player than Lingard
No arguments from my end.

But I do like Lingard and not just coz SAF told me to like him. The reasons have already been pointed out. Reminds me of Park in a way. In big games, I think he could be an asset if used properly.

adamwest

Really don't get the criticism for the lad. I would if it was constructive but it's always ended in the fact he isn't good enough. First half today we played some of the best football we have done in years, due to Jesse. He popped up all over the place and fed the ball onwards. Yes his finishing is a bit off but if it was anywhere near as accomplished as the rest of his game we'd be looking to spend silly money for a player of his ilk.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
No arguments from my end.

But I do like Lingard and not just coz SAF told me to like him. The reasons have already been pointed out. Reminds me of Park in a way. In big games, I think he could be an asset if used properly.
He's been used on the right on the left in the middle , lying deeper, earlier in the season . Give me Park any day.
Lingard was a lot better earlier in the season but he's not strong enough and I know he's a local lad and loves United but something is not right, he's 24 in December - unless he improves drastically in his play very quickly he won't have a future here - if and when LVG leaves (ie in the summer) it's a certainty we'll buy someone of much better quality to play on the right.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His first half was absolutely magnificent. Anyone who disagrees doesn't play football. . he completely ran the show. Really impressed today.. poor second half though. . stayed too much on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.