5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

God, some of you guys are being as hysterical as you're accusing them of being. One they had to get in the middle cus there was a serious chance of a window actually being broken causing injury. Two, Lingard is making light of the situation, obviously exaggerating and finding it actually quite funny. And finally,
That's because you're 18.
quotes such as there show that the caf is filled with people so stuck in the antiquated idea of gendered norms - what it means to be a real man. I guarantee most of you would have been shitting bricks if your bus was surrounded and being attacked, most opposition fans I know who've seen the video find it hilarious and think Lingard is being funny, you are honestly the only set of people who find an issue with it because you think that something so innocuous as this is a disgrace to our club. You think he needs to grow up, naah, you need to grow up and realise that things like this dont really matter. Stop ascribing it some life or death importance acting like jumped up 16 year olds who want to prove that they're real proper fans, real proper men raaah. It's tiring.

Last edited:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Made me laugh when I read earlier that he's decided to stop doing the dab next season. Can't even remember the last time the fecker scored.

starman

I dont see whats wrong with the video. The problem is releasing it.

It should have only seen the light of day had we won. And had we won, you can bet it would have be used as troll video towards West Ham

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Rabble rabble rabble. Wouldn't happen in my day. Nobby Stiles would have turned those hysterical kids' skin inside out and used their bones for soup. Keano would have carried on playing cards even if the bus was flipped on its head and set on fire. Not in my day. I remember this when it was all just fields. Get out of my garden.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
My favourite is how Fergie would never allow any of this. Do people not remember who Rio Ferdinand was? Players fecking around and making dumb videos is nothing new.
Yeah, though I agree that there's a bit of OTT reaction (not just in the bus but on here as well), it's understandable for a couple of reasons - like the timing of when it was released and in the context of how big the match was they were heading to. It's not something (reaction and timing of video) you'd have seen under SAF & it certainly contributes to the perceived weak/timid nature or mentality of our current squad. Most players who've won or proven jack all, yet act like they've seen and done it all. "Made it".

Also, the part about Rio is true but those guys were born winners and they've earned their right to feck about with a camera after a match etc. - & it would usually be at times we've won. There were no question marks having over their character and mentality to lead this club back to the top. They were, for most part, at the top.

In the end, maybe most of us are just grumpy old men :lol:, craving to get back to "the good old day" and have hard bastards filling our squad instead of this new "social media" generation.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah, though I agree that there's a bit of OTT reaction (not just in the bus but on here as well), it's understandable for a couple of reasons - like the timing of when it was released and in the context of how big the match was they were heading to. It's not something (reaction and timing of video) you'd have seen under SAF & it certainly contributes to the perceived weak/timid nature or mentality of our current squad. Most players who've won or proven jack all, yet act like they've seen and done it all. "Made it".

Also, the part about Rio is true but those guys were born winners and they've earned their right to feck about with a camera after a match etc. - & it would usually be at times we've won. There were no question marks having over their character and mentality to lead this club back to the top. They were, for most part, at the top.

In the end, maybe most of us are just grumpy old men :lol:, craving to get back to "the good old day" and have hard bastards filling our squad instead of this new "social media" generation.
Or you know in reality the two have nothing to with each other. How is posting a video acting like you made it? I haven't done shit in my life shall I delete my facebook and stop posting on the caf? Do I need to win a PL medal before I can post stuff online? No, because they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Rio didn't earn the right to feck around with a camera because everyone already has that right. You don't need to be a world class footballer to have a life outside football. But no hard bastards aren't allowed to do anything but play football and make love to Clayton Blackmore calendars. Back in my days we made loved to calendars and didn't video it, hard man me like.

clarkydaz

I dont see whats wrong with the video. The problem is releasing it.

It should have only seen the light of day had we won. And had we won, you can bet it would have be used as troll video towards West Ham
its only struck me how its approx. 1 hour before a huge game and they are uploading social media. There is a time and place for it

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Or you know in reality the two have nothing to with each other. How is posting a video acting like you made it? I haven't done shit in my life shall I delete my facebook and stop posting on the caf? Do I need to win a PL medal before I can post stuff online? No, because they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Rio didn't earn the right to feck around with a camera because everyone already has that right. But no hard bastards aren't allowed to do anything but play football and make love to Clayton Blackmore calendars. Back in my days we made loved to calendars and didn't video it, hard man me like.
No need to get that upset buddy, I wasn't having a go at all. But anyway.

Who said anything about anyone not having the right to post stuff on social media? There's also a difference between posting stuff on social media regards to your personal life, and posting stuff on social media with regards to your employers.

There's a massive difference between you and I (ordinary joes) and celebrity footballers. With all that fame also comes a bit of responsibility. So what sort of reaction would you expect from highly charged fans, when the club isn't doing too well and the timing and the content of your video isn't ideal?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

Who said anything about anyone not having the right to post stuff on social media? There's also a difference between posting stuff on social media regards to your personal life, and posting stuff on social media with regards to your employers.

There's a massive difference between you and I (ordinary joes) and celebrity footballers. With all that fame also comes a bit of responsibility. So what sort of reaction would you expect from highly charged fans, when the club isn't doing too well and the timing and the content of your video isn't ideal?
He loves Lingard who can do no wrong

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Pity they didn't film what was going on outside, not sure if they would have picked up much and who chucked what. There were terrified kids out there, rather than thinking it was all funny and screaming like hysterical little girls.

stepic

Anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with that video is just being contrarian for the hell of it. It's embarrassing. And this is the headspace players are in going into the most important game of the season thus far. Odd.

limerickcitykid

I'm not upset, I couldn't give a feck about the video or what some idiots getting their knickers in a twist think about it.

You said " those guys were born winners and they've earned their right to feck about with a camera." There is nothing in the video in regards to Manchester United as a club, it is a video of the team sitting in a bus. There is nothing to be taken away from it, players and regular joes post pictures of themselves and colleagues all the time.

I'd expect fans with any bit of sense to criticize the football on the field not some dumb video of the players having a laugh before the game. I'm sorry I forgot everyone on here believe you can't have a laugh when the team is playing bad, must be pissed off and thinking about the game 24/7.

limerickcitykid

Anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with that video is just being contrarian for the hell of it. It's embarrassing. And this is the headspace players are in going into the most important game of the season thus far. Odd.
No its realizing that the video had absolutely no bearing on the shit show that was displayed on the pitch.

Bojan11

I'm not upset, I couldn't give a feck about the video or what some idiots getting their knickers in a twist think about it.

You said " those guys were born winners and they've earned their right to feck about with a camera." There is nothing in the video in regards to Manchester United as a club, it is a video of the team sitting in a bus. There is nothing to be taken away from it, players and regular joes post pictures of themselves and colleagues all the time.

I'd expect fans with any bit of sense to criticize the football on the field not some dumb video of the players having a laugh before the game. I'm sorry I forgot everyone on here believe you can't have a laugh when the team is playing bad, must be pissed off and thinking about the game 24/7.
You didn't answer my question.

You think Fergie would be happy with a vid like this an hour before a game.

Then Rooney and Van Gaal appear before the cameras who address the situation seriously. Whilst Lingard makes a mockery out of it.

Manny

Grammar Police
quotes such as there show that the caf is filled with people so stuck in the antiquated idea of gendered norms - what it manes to be a real man.
Wtf are you talking about? I don't need him to be a mans mans, I just wanted him to be focused on what was going to be the biggest game of his career.

most opposition fans I know who've seen the video find it hilarious
:houllier:

Opposition fans also don't give a sh!t if we are in the CL next season. In fact, they'd find it hilarious if we weren't.

you are honestly the only set of people who find an issue with it because you think that something so innocuous as this is a disgrace to our club.
Certainly showed a lack of professionalism. Plenty of other players have done worse but at least they had put in some high level performances before they started shagging granny's.

You think he needs to grow up, naah, you need to grow up and realise that things like this dont really matter.
Actually, the lack of focus and the lack of a result says it does. It also begs the question about their focus ahead of other games where we haven't got results.

Stop ascribing it some life or death importance acting like jumped up 16 year olds who want to prove that they're real proper fans, real proper men raaah. It's tiring.
OK, because thats whats happening here... :lol: :houllier:

And for what its worth, my response to Sigma had more to do with the fact that at 18, he wouldn't be familiar with the level of focus/discipline our previous players showed to be competing and winning on all fronts. And Lingard hasn't shown he has the talent to not be totally focused on a game.

stevoc

Hopefully we can get 7-8m for him.
We got a total of something like £20m for Rafael, Nani, Van Persie, Evans and Hernandez. Not to mention taking a £15m loss on Di Maria less than a year after signing him for £60m. Despite selling him to a club who were desperate to sign him.

So us getting £8m for Lingard would seem a bit optimistic.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
We got a total of something like £20m for Rafael, Nani, Van Persie, Evans and Hernandez. Not to mention taking a £15m loss on Di Maria less than a year after signing him for £60m. Despite selling him to a club who were desperate to sign him.

So us getting £8m for Lingard would seem a bit optimistic.
Hopefully Berta will change that.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
quotes such as there show that the caf is filled with people so stuck in the antiquated idea of gendered norms - what it manes to be a real man
That's quite a conclusion. Is that what they are teaching in schools these days? "Don't worry, it's ok to act like a pussy, if people with jobs laugh at you they are just dinosaurs."

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The video annoys me but maybe... they find it to be entertaining? Honestly don't care about the video. I think it has little to do with what happens on the pitch.

MJJ

God, some of you guys are being as hysterical as you're accusing them of being. One they had to get in the middle cus there was a serious chance of a window actually being broken causing injury. Two, Lingard is making light of the situation, obviously exaggerating and finding it actually quite funny. And finally,

quotes such as there show that the caf is filled with people so stuck in the antiquated idea of gendered norms - what it manes to be a real man. I guarantee most of you would have been shitting bricks if your bus was surrounded and being attacked, most opposition fans I know who've seen the video find it hilarious and think Lingard is being funny, you are honestly the only set of people who find an issue with it because you think that something so innocuous as this is a disgrace to our club. You think he needs to grow up, naah, you need to grow up and realise that things like this dont really matter. Stop ascribing it some life or death importance acting like jumped up 16 year olds who want to prove that they're real proper fans, real proper men raaah. It's tiring.
Quotes such as there show that the caf is filled with people so stuck in the antiquated idea of gendered norms - what it manes to be a real man.

NK86

Frankly, if our team was doing well and if Lingard was playing like a Ronaldo (:lol: I know) then that video would have been hilarious. As it stands, we are shite on the pitch with a team full of sub-standard players with zero passion and who would not be fit to lace the boots of some of our best teams.

Lingard, for me, is the epitome of the mediocrity filled in our team at present. This stunt pisses me off even more but the context has to be taken into consideration.

Hojoon

Players clown around all the time for whatever reason (try to be funny, relieve stress, etc). That video isn't particularly funny or entertaining IMO, but nothing to get worked up about.

Robbie Boy

,Whatever about the video, the fact is that he has been absolutely woeful for months now and we badly need an upgrade. I tried hard this season to see the positives with Lingard but any goodwill that I had for him is well and truly gone at this stage. He was getting away with it for a while when he was popping up with the odd goal or assist despite some pretty inept performances. He played well in the City game, I'll give him that much.

Some on here seem hell-bent on defending him to the point where it's just plain ridiculous. If anyone is satisfied with his performances overall this season - as a starter for our club - then feck me, standards are at an all time low. I've seen him play average - poor, and people on here will describe his performance as brilliant, amazing, etc. There's clearly no objectivity from some when it comes to Lingard. I honestly think the guy would struggle to get into bottom half PL sides, let alone be a starter for Manchester United. For me, he works hard yeah, but he's just far too limited as a footballer.

I also don't get the whole "he's earned his place" line of thought, as if he earned it through his own scintillating displays. The fact is that LvG has started him consistently so what's to say the likes of Memphis couldn't have played to his standard (not a very high standard at all) had they got the same run of games. Earning your place in our first eleven used to mean something but it means feck all now with the piss poor squad that we have along with a terrible manager and our abject, bland style of football that we play. So yeah, I personally don't think he's earned anything.

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Frankly, if our team was doing well and if Lingard was playing like a Ronaldo (:lol: I know) then that video would have been hilarious. As it stands, we are shite on the pitch with a team full of sub-standard players with zero passion and who would not be fit to lace the boots of some of our best teams.

Lingard, for me, is the epitome of the mediocrity filled in our team at present. This stunt pisses me off even more but the context has to be taken into consideration.
That would be Fellaini and Rojo. Lingard has done well

Red_Beans

Rabble rabble rabble. Wouldn't happen in my day. Nobby Stiles would have turned those hysterical kids' skin inside out and used their bones for soup. Keano would have carried on playing cards even if the bus was flipped on its head and set on fire. Not in my day. I remember this when it was all just fields. Get out of my garden.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The hate for Lingard is so strong that he's being criticised for a video :lol:

He's an average player, but Jesus give the lad a break. The only reason it 'wouldn't have happened in Keano's day' would be the lack of iPhones and Twitter. Not because he'd be stood on his seat growling at the West Ham fans as the bus went by.

Status
Not open for further replies.