g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
adjective
derogatory
  1. characterized by extreme patriotism
in this case, that "patriotism" is from lingard's supporters, and is perfectly apt all things considered. i know my way around a dictionary, thanks for checking though
You think people like him because he's English?

AR87

It's not a big deal to miss any of those chances individually, but to miss every single one in one match is awful. I appreciate his link up play, work rate and movement, but if he doesn't finish the chances at the end of all that it loses much of its value.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Was the reverse of Rashford. 1 worked hard and couldn't finish any chance (should have had a hat trick comfortably). The other coasted and had 2 great efforts (including the goal) in each half and decided the game.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
So.... Nothing like jingoism then.
cheers rado, i look forward to future lectures/corrections on misunderstandings of phrases by our two fearless moderators on display in page 113 of this thread. i imagine considering there's a wide selection of non-native english speaking individuals on hand that you'll keep all of us busy with your valuable insight

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
First chance really wasn't all that easy

2nd chance was very poor

3rd chance again not great

Actually thought he had a half decent game outside of that though

el3mel

controversial opinion here. He was good away from atrocious finishing.

He was superp defensively and supported Valencia a lot to close on the right flank. Without him I could have easily seen Valencia got double teamed by Celta players.

His finishing needs to be better but he couldn't have been taken off.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
cheers rado, i look forward to future lectures/corrections on misunderstandings of phrases by our two fearless moderators on display in page 113 of this thread. i imagine considering there's a wide selection of non-native english speaking individuals on hand that you'll keep all of us busy with your valuable insight
:lol: it was a ridiculous attempt to look smart that backfired, don't blame us.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Was the reverse of Rashford. 1 worked hard and couldn't finish any chance (should have had a hat trick comfortably). The other coasted and had 2 great efforts (including the goal) in each half and decided the game.
I don't think Rashford "coasted" through the game. Lad worked his socks off.

As for Lingard, imagine how good we'd actually be if we had someone of proper quality on the end of the chances he gets.

Robbie Boy

They have nothing to defend Lingard with tonight so why not criticise someones use of the English language. Gotta have a go at someone that's criticising poor Jesse.

Anyhow, he was pretty awful tonight.

Lowkey

He did have a decent game. An English player who can run with the ball and go past a player. Jose likes him and he will only get better. A big match player

Man-United

All you guys do, moan moan. Go to the Fellaini thread now and why not to the Darmian too?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We need better than Lingard lets just leave it at that

PoTMS

He's such a painfully average player. Sure, he scores at Wembley a lot and he turns up once every ten games but he shouldn't be starting for a team with aspirations like Manchester United.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Heh

You actually said both him and rashford were championship level

I dispute both
I said both were championship level at that point of time.
Rashford has improved marginally and might be worth keeping as he is 19 and might be a good squad member to have in future but Lingard i would never allow back into carrington. We need to make Carrington lingard free zone. His shitness is contagious. Got to get him out of the club.

RAVred

Honestly, I dont hate lingard, I like his occasional enthusiastic play.

But I think hes a meh player.. Hes barely good enough for a squad role for Utd if we want to be winning league titles, let alone a top team in Europe again.

Hes so much like Oxlade Chamberlain... Except I think oxlade still has way more potential.

In short, hes playing for us because hes a youth player.

Mkhitaryan gets a lot of shit for his missed chance, but it was actually just the same level of easy as Lingard's chances, if not a bit harder (defender was closing down one angle and the GK the other, imo it was hard for him to cut on right unless defender overcommits)

Smores

controversial opinion here. He was good away from atrocious finishing.

He was superp defensively and supported Valencia a lot to close on the right flank. Without him I could have easily seen Valencia got double teamed by Celta players.

His finishing needs to be better but he couldn't have been taken off.
Dont think its controversial, was there for all to see. Poor overall considering the misses but he at least contributed unlike our other winger tonight

Roboc7

Not very good, much like Fellaini the problem isn't that he is in the squad it's how often they play. They work hard but lack of quality is always going to hold us back.

el3mel

Dont think its controversial, was there for all to see. Poor overall considering the misses but he at least contributed unlike our other winger tonight
He was poor on the offensive side, but his defensive side was very good that he couldn't have been subbed off, though. I was seeing people all over the match thread urging Jose to sub him off while the one who should have been subbed was Mikhi.

mu4c_20le

Seems like the contract has got in his head, he's even missing chances that he'd normally take.

Robbie Boy

I actually don't think he was as atrocious as he was against Swansea but still nowhere near good enough from him. Good game against Chelsea and nothing since then. His finishing is so, so poor although the third chance is kind of forgivable.

NinjaFletch

First chance really wasn't all that easy

2nd chance was very poor

3rd chance again not great

Actually thought he had a half decent game outside of that though
More or less agree.

I think there's a really good player in there that we need to see more of. when he picks up the ball from deep and drives at players he causes problems but we don't see enough of it

roykeane19

Which has feck all to do with anything.
We shoudlnt be throwing away contracts like that, should be on 30-50k, based on performances, stealing a living. We`re too quick to reward medicority. As a top club we overpay far too much compared to how other top clubs do things

Status
Not open for further replies.