5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AR87

How anybody thinks a player who perhaps more than anybody in the squad had to earn his place at Manchester United given his physical limitations, injuries and late development curve isn't working hard enough because he posted a couple of 15 second clips of him taking the piss out of Rashford and Pogba a little bit is beyond me.

Love the kid.

MounchesterUtd

I'm a 1001% sure if it was Pogba making those vids, or even Evra, the last page would have been filled with :lol:
Agreed

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKh7nXdhaZm/?taken-by=patrice.evra&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIWBO-ZDvFw/?taken-by=patrice.evra&hl=en

These are both cringe worthy as hell, but the Caf thinks it's cool since it's Evra. I get it that Evra has earned a status among United supporters, but c'mon, give Lingard some time to actually do something with his career before coming down on him.

Oaencha

Scored in his last two cup games at Wembley. Hater
Still shouldn't be in the first XI. Standards should be higher than two goals at Wembley, pace, supposed off the ball work, and the occasional decent game. Have things really got so bad that posters are happy to have Lingard start on the wing?! Best of the PL era - Giggs, Kanchelskis, Beckham, Ronaldo - they were all Utd quality and guess what...? We won trophies. We will not win the league with Lingard as a first team regular.

Loublaze

ATLien
Still shouldn't be in the first XI. Standards should be higher than two goals at Wembley, pace, supposed off the ball work, and the occasional decent game. Have things really got so bad that posters are happy to have Lingard start on the wing?! Best of the PL era - Giggs, Kanchelskis, Beckham, Ronaldo - they were all Utd quality and guess what...? We won trophies. We will not win the league with Lingard as a first team regular.
United also won titles with Park on the wings and he was a big game player. Also won titles with a plethora of other water carriers. Lingard has a role to play. He's obviously not nailed on for a starting role in every game, but he will start many. Both LVG and Mourinho have trusted him over Depay. He's a good squad player

JoaquinJoaquin

This. I can see Lingard getting the Cleverley treatment around here eventually.
Cleverly never got the level of admirers though that Lingard has. I find the fact some people are saying they 'love him' quite strange.

Ainu

Cleverly never got the level of admirers though that Lingard has. I find the fact some people are saying they 'love him' quite strange.
He's a young local lad who scored a couple of good goals during his first full season as a first teamer, including a stunning FA Cup final winning strike. He might not be starting role material but he always seems to have the right attitude on the pitch. What's so strange about supporters loving a player like that?

And your memory is twisted if you think Cleverly didn't have as many admirers early on. He was far more hyped among United fans than Lingard ever was. He was viewed as a potential pass-and-move midfield great, with the ability to play fast, intricate, first-time passing football. He was called a potential English Iniesta on more than one occasion. During the first few weeks of his first full season, 2011-2012, when we had some excellent build-up play between him, Anderson, Welbeck and Nani, the hype-o-meter went through the roof.

JoaquinJoaquin

He's a young local lad who scored a couple of good goals during his first full season as a first teamer, including a stunning FA Cup final winning strike. He might not be starting role material but he always seems to have the right attitude on the pitch. What's so strange about supporters loving a player like that?

And your memory is twisted if you think Cleverly didn't have as many admirers early on. He was far more hyped among United fans than Lingard ever was. He was viewed as a potential pass-and-move midfield great, with the ability to play fast, intricate, first-time passing football. He was called a potential English Iniesta on more than one occasion. During the first few weeks of his first full season, 2011-2012, when we had some excellent build-up play between him, Anderson, Welbeck and Nani, the hype-o-meter went through the roof.
I'm going to get labelled a 'hater' again now but he was average in 80% of the games he played last season, Seems very annoying on social media and was the main culprit in the infamous 'West Ham Bus Video'. Maybe I judge people differently but I find it hard to 'love' a person like that. On a positive note I will say I like the fact he is a local lad and that he has played much better this season.

I was a lurker back then but apart from the pre-season where we played like Barcelona I cannot recall Cleverly ever having the same amount of buzz around him that Lingard presently has. There was obviously people optimistic about him when he was out on loan as he did look fairly decent but that was about it.

rotherham_red

It's probably an inside joke... Never understood why some fans care about what footballers do off the pitch and on social media and stuff. They are just normal people after all
It's a meme, I first came across someone from America doing it to his high school friends. Lingard is just copying it

prath92

I'm going to get labelled a 'hater' again now but he was average in 80% of the games he played last season, Seems very annoying on social media and was the main culprit in the infamous 'West Ham Bus Video'. Maybe I judge people differently but I find it hard to 'love' a person like that. On a positive note I will say I like the fact he is a local lad and that he has played much better this season.

I was a lurker back then but apart from the pre-season where we played like Barcelona I cannot recall Cleverly ever having the same amount of buzz around him that Lingard presently has. There was obviously people optimistic about him when he was out on loan as he did look fairly decent but that was about it.
not at all. You would be hardpressed to see many other than a few handful of posters think anything other than that Lingard is a good member of the squad who has his uses over a long season. No one is calling him Giggs or Beckham reincarnate

Cleverley was always supposed to be the next scholes. Even last season people were rating him because he got a few assists and goals for everton

Marcelinho87

We have always had these types of players on the squad to accompany the world class players.. Think o shea, park etc and realise that with his hard work he can be part of a squad that wins things.

He has his limitations but he plays to his strengths it is our supposed world class players now who need to pull a finger out and show what they can do.

SirAF

Ageist
Look up #huhchallenge, it's so bad but yet I'm crying with laughter :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm 27 years old and think he's funny. Cheer up RedCafe.
Yeh. It made him looked immature, but it was a good silly laugh. A harmless immature act. Much better than throwing darts at youth players or banging mate's girlfriend.

Oaencha

We have always had these types of players on the squad to accompany the world class players.. Think o shea, park etc and realise that with his hard work he can be part of a squad that wins things.

He has his limitations but he plays to his strengths it is our supposed world class players now who need to pull a finger out and show what they can do.
I agree that we have had plenty of useful squad players over the years. That was precisely my original point; Lingard is fine as an occasional squad player but he is not good enough to be consistently starting games. The names being mentioned though are still way more talented than Lingard.

khoazany

How anybody thinks a player who perhaps more than anybody in the squad had to earn his place at Manchester United given his physical limitations, injuries and late development curve isn't working hard enough because he posted a couple of 15 second clips of him taking the piss out of Rashford and Pogba a little bit is beyond me.

Love the kid.
100% this.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Do you find it strange that majority of redcafe is in love with Real Madrid legend? Or that Pogba has become favourite Manchester United player just weeks after signing for United

Mindhunter

Do you find it strange that majority of redcafe is in love with Real Madrid legend? Or that Pogba has become favourite Manchester United player just weeks after signing for United Juventus
Fixed.

devips

There are people here saying ok Lingard can be a squad player if you insist, but he should not be a first teamer. I mean, are they for real? First teamer is something the Manager decides; nobody is tagged 'first teamer' the moment he enters squad. If Mourinho thinks Lingard will play regularly as a first teamer, he will. Simple as that.

Loublaze

ATLien
Your memory is short on this one. Clevery was wildly supported by many and there was outrage over him not getting game time. It became even worse after his community shield second half performance against City in 2011 when United came back from 2-0 down. People compared him to Beckham and Scholes!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah, I'm a big Lingard fan but he didn't look good today. His best attribute being his link up play didn't come off for him, a lot of times he needlessly lost possession and many times in important areas.

Devil may care

Made a couple of decent runs tonight and I like him, but I'm in the camp that thinks he's a squad player not a starter.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He roams around a lot without actually doing anything useful.
It's because no one picked him out when he was in space, he wasn't great but he was the only player who actually moved, found space, got in between the lines and behind the defence

Eddy_JukeZ

It's because no one picked him out when he was in space, he wasn't great but he was the only player who actually moved, found space, got in between the lines and behind the defence
Even when he gets in the open channels, he doesn't do enough.

We need more. He's given a lot of freedom when it's not warranted.

JoaquinJoaquin

Nah sorry not having that. He was poor tonight let's call a spade a spade here. Can't blame everybody else.

AndyJ1985

Another very poor performance. He has far too many of them for my liking.

LouisDanGaal

Genuine question has he had a good game for us? I don't mean a good finish like the fa cup or community shield, or a good moment I mean an actual game, I can't think of one, but I could be wrong.

JezChan

His final product was poor tonight, but I still have faith in the lad. His movement is important for stretching defenses, and we know that he has it in him to produce something in combination play or applying a finish.

The sooner Mkhitaryan takes his place the better
Agreed - though Lingard isn't a bad backup for Miki (as we saw against Leicester).

as-95

Poor today. The reason he blows warm and cold, is that he doesnt actually have a decent technique to fall back on when things aren't going well for him. Flukey player that buzzes around but doesn't actually do anything. Notice I say warm and cold becuase he isn't good enough to warrant being "hot" and cold...

Will likely end up in the Chanpionship after being flogged by the low level Premiership side we sell him to this summer.

Bojan11

I don't know what to make of him. Some games where you think he'd be a good squad player. Then others where you'd want him out the club.

I've said it before. But a poor mans Park he is.

eggwithsideburns

He constantly gives the ball away, nearly every time he plays its the same and its not like he gives it away whilst trying risky things.

GwynnieJ

Should retire and stick to making videos. Watched him since he broke into the reserves and have never been impressed.

MounchesterUtd

The sooner Mkhitaryan takes his place the better
Thing is, Mkhi has been outplayed by him (at least in the eyes of Jose) while Martial is off the boil

You can question the talent, but there should be no doubt that he earned his place.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Thing is, Mkhi has been outplayed by him (at least in the eyes of Jose) while Martial is off the boil

You can question the talent, but there should be no doubt that he earned his place.
Lingard was just as bad as Mkhitaryan vs City. Mkhitaryan had the injury problem as well

Status
Not open for further replies.