5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MounchesterUtd

Lingard was just as bad as Mkhitaryan vs City. Mkhitaryan had the injury problem as well
When I said 'in Jose's eyes', I meant in practice. No way will Jose risk his track record and ego to please Lingard. There's a reason why he's playing.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
When I said 'in Jose's eyes', I meant in practice. No way will Jose risk his track record and ego to please Lingard. There's a reason why he's playing.
I think he's just waiting for Mkhitaryan to get fully fit. He was rushed back for the City game and ended up getting injured again

MounchesterUtd

I think he's just waiting for Mkhitaryan to get fully fit. He was rushed back for the City game and ended up getting injured again
Hopefully that's the case. A fully fit, fully firing Mkhitaryan just brings more to the table than Lingard, who I can see being used as a reliable squad player in the future. Realistically, 25 starts and 15 sub apps combined in all tournaments per season. Nothing wrong with that.

DarkXaero

Not a good player. I used to think that he was fine as a squad rotation/backup option but I think I might have been a bit biased since he is an academy product. He's capable of scoring important goals and I'm grateful for that, but most of the time, his play leaves a lot to be desired. He doesn't have dribbling ability, he doesn't have good touch or ball control, he can't pass or cross that well, and he misses a good amount of chances. His movement and work rate are consistently good though, and that's about it.

Scholsey2004

Jesse doesn't seem to get a lot of love on here. Personally I rate him as a good player. Decent pace, decent technique, gets the odd goal. He's not Gareth bale but he's certainly good enough to get games here.

Giggs86

Can't help but see him taking the Kieran Richardson path. Unfortunately not good enough.

Redo91

Not good enough for us. Might last another year or two as a squad player but I expect him to end up at a mid-table PL team eventually.

ti vu

He has very good movement and understanding of the tactic, but today is his normal game where he fecked up too much crucial moments. Unlike the City game, he contributed to the defensive side this time. Not starter material IMO.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Love it when he gets on his bike and goes, just needs a bit more maturity and composure when finishing/crossing.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Surprised this hasn't been bumped. Been our best player, in my opinion. As the annoying commentators have pointed out, his movement has been brilliant.
Only gets bumped when he's awful.

He's been good so far, easily our best player. His movement isn't as good as Hargreaves would have you believe - nobody is that good - but he's been our most threatening player. If the first half is anything to go by, if we score he's going to be heavily involved.

m1y2

I also think he was decent, not flashy but his movement in particular is great, dropping deep helping mata to create, think we are well balanced with him..think he will score today

MounchesterUtd

Was one of the two best players of United in that half. He missed from point blank range, but to be fair the keeper did a great job there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Delighted he's finally being recognised for his use of space.

Ephrem

I also think he was decent, not flashy but his movement in particular is great, dropping deep helping mata to create, think we are well balanced with him..think he will score today
Finally someone with sense . Lots of people here is missing that and think anyone can play in place of lingard which I dont think .

He starts on the wing but he is roaming , running and moving all the time , he gives us options to everyone to pass the ball , he plays quick one two and he acts as an additional mid too some times .

He brings a lot of balance to them team . Jose should have left him on the pitch and replace Rashford with Martial . And Hoping Mikhi comes faster so that we can another option for Mata in the number 10.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The reason people get frustrated is his position. Running, effort and use of space is all well and nice, but if it involves sacrificing goal threat for one of our front three, it feels odd.

Given that Pogba should have had 3, you can easily argue it works though. Think Jose just about has it right, but Martial should really get in the team somehow.

Devil may care

Made some good runs in behind in the first half, faded a bit in the second. It's strange having a wide player who doesn't see much of the ball and run at defenses with it.

JON.B

Sloop
Don't give a shite what others think, I like him and think he's a useful player to have in a squad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he did pretty well but was a pretty standard Lingard game. You go through the whole game and you don't really notice him too much. He works hard and all, just never all that involved and he's obviously not anything more then squad player quality. Once Mkhitaryan comes in for him, everyone will see just how big of a gap there is between a potential world class player like him and a simply good player like Lingard.

Dante

Average bang
He's a nice player but isn't really what this team needs at the moment. We're crying out for goals, and Lingard doesn't have enough end product.

Eddy_JukeZ

We need someone better in his position. He's okay as a squad player, but you're going nowhere if he's a consistent starter.

paulscholes18

Pleased for pingping, works hard, thought he had quite a good game, made some good runs also denied a goal by a top class save

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He can still develop but I am not sure he will be top class. He is a good player and has a good attitude but not sure he can become as good as the likes of Mkhitaryan or Martial.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
For all the complaints about lack of end product our last goal in open play came from Jesse's assist. Put one on a plate for Pogba today too. Both clever passes after good movement. Proper chance creation, not like Rooney's shinner on Thursday and the type of stuff we need to see more of from bigger names like Pogba and Mata.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
His movements are good, very energetic with his runs and give other players options given he makes himself available. The problem with him however is what he does with the ball when he gets it.

He can run at pace, get himself in neat position to receive the ball then never does much with it or at least something overly threatening despite getting himself in dangerous position with his movements. Unless it's a quick lay off, one-two type of attack around the box which he's been good at times, he doesn't use the ball when he has it properly.

In football there are some players when they receive the ball in dangerous areas, during counter attacks or in space, you feel like something is likely to happen. The threat from that player can be felt and something is expected to happen. Then there are those player who are the complete opposite of that where one doesn't expect anything dangerous to come off from such player or he'll just simply mess up. Unfortunately Lingard is more of the latter.

Good movements and energy but he has to offer more with the ball which is a shame because he always get himself in dangerous spaces to receive the ball with his movements.

I wish Martial had Lingard movement and knack of finding himself receiving the ball in threatening area as much as Lingard does, because with his ability on the ball he'd be majestic.

khoazany

I would bench him next game, simply because he usually follow up a decent/good performances with a bad performance. Need to up his consistency.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For all the complaints about lack of end product our last goal in open play came from Jesse's assist. Put one on a plate for Pogba today too. Both clever passes after good movement. Proper chance creation, not like Rooney's shinner on Thursday and the type of stuff we need to see more of from bigger names like Pogba and Mata.
Like what Pogba did for Ibra today in the first minute, or the little clip in to him last week?

iKeano

Weak link in yesterday's XI.

Yes, he's industrious, but is that really enough for a starting place? Not for me.
His touch is poor & he's often not on the same wavelength as other players in terms of checking runs.

Cue the irrational "local lad" & "puts in a shift" & "FA Cup final" arguments. Martial is a far better option & should keep Lingard off the team in my opinion.

Lots of aimless running around with little benefit to the team overall.

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Weak link in yesterday's XI.

Yes, he's industrious, but is that really enough for a starting place? Not for me.
His touch is poor & he's often not on the same wavelength as other players in terms of checking runs.

Cue the irrational "local lad" & "puts in a shift" & "FA Cup final" arguments. Martial is a far better option & should keep Lingard off the team in my opinion.

Lots of aimless running around with little benefit to the team overall.
I love how any argument countering your own is immediately deemed irrational. As for Lingard being the weak link in yesterday's XI, did you watch the game? He was our standout player at the heart of almost all our best moves and was our MOM alongside Bailly, bloody unlucky to have his effort saved by a keeper on the form of his life and should have had a handful of assists too were it not for the same keeper and some less than sterling finishing from Ibra and Pogba.

Long term Martial probably will ease him out of the team but in recent weeks Martial has looked well off the pace and whether it's his lack of play with France over the summer or his fecking up his personal life is irrelevant, until he finds his form of last season he has no guaranteed spot in our team and Lingard should be starting ahead of him so long as he keeps up the performances. Same thing for Mkhitaryan who has yet to show up for United this season.

Robbie Boy

He was our standout player at the heart of almost all our best moves and was our MOM alongside Bailly.
In your opinion, of course. On here he's miles down the list for the MOTM award with 4% of the votes, so obviously not many agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.