5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

Seems like it's been ages since he got a start? I'm probably completely wrong but it feels that way.
Loss against Hull in the EFL 2nd leg was his last start I believe. Before that was the 2-0 away win to West Ham at the start of 2017.

Robbie Boy

Loss against Hull in the EFL 2nd leg was his last start I believe. Before that was the 2-0 away win to West Ham at the start of 2017.
Ah knew I would be wrong! Christ, I don't remember him from that Hull game at all but then again, it's a game to forget. Also, what loss to Hull :nono:

Djemba-Djemba

Much better tonight.

Best he's played in ages, the difference in our play when he came on and Fellaini went off was massive. Probably earned himself a start on Sunday.

Devil may care

We improved when he came on as he added extra zip and movement around Ibra that was non existent with Fellaini up there, I think he'll start on Sunday.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Much better tonight.

Best he's played in ages, the difference in our play when he came on and Fellaini went off was massive. Probably earned himself a start on Sunday.
I think he will always be more handy when he goes on in the second half. Defenders are more tired and there's more space to run into, works well for him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A valuable member of the team. As long as he's happy with a squad role we should hang into him.

Sylar

He helped change the dynamic of the game when he came on. He was direct and helped create space for others with his runs, and it turned us into an offence is the best defence team for that second half. Was good to see.

Agree hes better as a sub with the players we got (but one we should keep in our squad for games like FA Cup coming up).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I have always liked his movement off the ball, maybe one of his best qualities. Should start against Blackburn.
I don't think he's the type of player who thrives on being rewarded with starts. He is just so inconsistent.

When he's in the mood and the situation is right (which is hard to predict) he can be a very useful player.

tomaldinho1

Needs to go. Not the level required. End of.
I don't get the rationale that he needs to go. He's a youth product and seems a v good squad player, probably very low wages (relatively) and is a decent sub in the right games. I agree that I never see him reaching a really high level but that doesn't mean he should be shipped out.

OldTrevil

His movement totally changed the game when he came one, it created more space for Herrera and Pogba that helped to calm us down and improve our control of the game. He had some good touches too, and could have had a assist had Zlatan been a tad quicker. He's a great squad option to have.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Needs to go. Not the level required. End of.
Seriously? That tonight was the very definition of the importance of squad variety. Which of us would have come up with Jesse as the solution to the mess that we were in that first half? Not I. But he entirely changed the dynamic in the second half with his movement, which is like nobody else's on our books. I appreciate his inconsistency but where's the percentage in moving him on when he can offer what he did tonight?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not much quality, but lots of running around... which is quite useful against a team that basically was a whole 11 of Jesse Lingards.

JoaquinJoaquin

He done OK. Think a few comments going overboard in here about it though, which is generally the case with Lingard. I don't mind him coming of the bench like this as he does have good energy which can work well against tired legs. But certainly don't want him starting big games.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
He ran, whoopee do..

Yesterday's match second half 54.35 sums him up totally
Makes a run down the wing , Mata finds him with a pass , two players waiting in the middle, he's past the last defender, Florentin Pogba. What does he do, run with the ball?...no, cross the ball?... no, pass the ball?...no. He turns back towards the defender loses the ball and then fouls him. No more ... please.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A viable squad option. We can't get much better players as subs for Mata/Martial/Mkhitaryan/Griezman(?) and expect them to be happy sitting ont he bench.

Can see Lingard being happy enough to stick it out here.

DanBorja

Seriously? That tonight was the very definition of the importance of squad variety. Which of us would have come up with Jesse as the solution to the mess that we were in that first half? Not I. But he entirely changed the dynamic in the second half with his movement, which is like nobody else's on our books. I appreciate his inconsistency but where's the percentage in moving him on when he can offer what he did tonight?
I think it showed more of why Fellaini shouldn't play regularly. Anyone is an improvement over him. I'm not saying Lingard should go, but he shouldn't be nowhere near the starting XI until he proves himself with every chance he gets to make an impact of the bench, as he did yesterday.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Really good tactical move to bring him on and in that position. Credit to Jose.
Credit to Jose indeed, but a mistake to choose Fellainin in a forward role imo. I was hoping he would replace Fellaini, gal he did but surprised it was Lingard; that said he made a very positive impact.

Had an impact without really having any special moments. Brought some much needed movement in between the lines and helped us build play a little better than the first half.
Good pressing and provided movement and options far from Fellaini's reach. Still likes to go backwards on instinct, but as good as I could have hoped from him.
Yup, those are two good observations in my book!

Good display and will keep him interested, motivated and may well get him a start against the Rovers?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He's trying hard but sadly doesn't seem to have the quality to capitalize.

Pace Abuser

A complete poverty player. Can't Pogba be kept company by someone else so we can sell this stain?​

PoTMS

I know we're only 25 minutes in, but why does our attack always suffer when he's on the pitch?
He's just not that good a player. At his best, he's a good squad option but otherwise he's a filler for a mid to lower table PL side.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

Fantastic movement for the goal, that ball is near impossible if he doesn't drag the defender away.

Status
Not open for further replies.