5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgar allan

Beckham was clearly a level or two above Lingard though, but that doesn't mean Lingard is just a hard worker. He's a very good player to have in the squad, and has repeatedly proven himself capable of performing at the highest level.
I agree with all your comments regarding Beckham, during his time with us he was top class.He did play on with England for a few years too long which did dull his star for some.
I would say it is a stretch to say that Lingard has repeatedly performed at the highest level however good performances have become more regular over the last month for sure.

ravelston

I think you're going over the top about Pope, he's pretty average and once Heaton is back then he won't be playing.
Take a look at his save statistics - he's the main reason Burnley are where they are. I'm sure you're right about Heaton going back in the side when he's fit but, when he does, Burnley will drop out of the race.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is in brilliant form. I'm surprised, and quite ashamed to have more or less written him off, guess i simply have to be more patient.
Sometimes he has average games, but his top level and consistency has increased quite a lot lately.

Would be great if he can continue this run with a strong performance against Southampton.

Silverman

Tbf to Mourinho, he has instilled good confidence in Lingard and has him performing very well. I like that he is quick off the mark and can spring an attack with pace, dynamism as Mourinho has said. Something we have lacked quite a lot this season.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I am a lingard fan but to use Beckham has an example of lacking technical ability :houllier:

The guy had arguably the greatest ball control/crossing/freekicks of his generation.
Ok it seems some people have misconstrued my post about Beckham. Before you get your knickers in a twist I meant his ability didn’t come naturally to him as it did scholes for example. Beckham has spoken at great lengths about the amount of hard work he had to put in, first at training, last to leave, extra crossing and free kick practice. The greatest ball control/free kicks/passing of his generation came because he worked so hard at it

The point I was making was that people were saying Lingard wouldn’t have as high a ceiling because his skill levels are lacking in comparison to other number 10’s.

There is no reason why he cannot be effective at the highest levels if he continues to put dedication and hard work in, plus have a manager who believes in him

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Ok it seems some people have misconstrued my post about Beckham. Before you get your knickers in a twist I meant his ability didn’t come naturally to him as it did scholes for example. Beckham has spoken at great lengths about the amount of hard work he had to put in, first at training, last to leave, extra crossing and free kick practice. The greatest ball control/free kicks/passing of his generation came because he worked so hard at it

The point I was making was that people were saying Lingard wouldn’t have as high a ceiling because his skill levels are lacking in comparison to other number 10’s.

There is no reason why he cannot be effective at the highest levels if he continues to put dedication and hard work in, plus have a manager who believes in him
I see your point but I do think Beckham had a natural gift with dead balls and crosses. Yes he practiced them from a young age for hours but it was something he was quite good at naturally. That's what I believe.

I think a more relative example would be Garry Neville. Although he was also gifted in some areas, he was a true hard worker and not some freak of nature talent.

I think people are a bit sensitive to this hard work vs talent debate partly because of how much it gets brought up in reference to players like Ronaldo: where people forget he was naturally gifted - could do things at his teens pros couldnt. And people like Rooney: despite his fall he was by most reports an extremely hard worker and trainer - not just a lump of talent that drank his way to his amazing career.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Back to his normal ineffective self. Poor and missed a sitter.

He’s not a united number 10 and never will be.

Yes he’s improved but Christ he’s miles away from what we should have in that position.

Backrow Singer

He is inconsistant because that's his level. He does good and bad things and will do good and bad things. I like his attitude and I've always said that but he isn't consistently good enough to play that role in a wannabe league winning team for me. He's an alright player but we're asking him to be one of the key creative parts of the team and you won't get that quality every week from him. Same with the majority of players in this squad.

Loublaze

ATLien
Wake up he’s a million miles off what we need as a starter. Fed up listening to this shite he’s this and that he’s stone average at best. Couldn’t care if he’s home grown he is guilty of being one of the average players we need to get better.
Stone average at best? What BS. 9 goals and 4 assists says otherwise. You've never rated him anyway

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's gotten a lot better at carrying the ball whilst sprinting. Another good game from him, imo.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Stone average at best? What BS. 9 goals and 4 assists says otherwise. You've never rated him anyway
Yep never rated him like Cleverley gets excuses made up for him as he’s a local lad but in reality he’s a big reason we will finish where we do as this guy would struggle to get any game in any other top 4-5 team in the premiership. Yes he did well over two three games but that will be it for a while going on what I’ve seen from him so far. Welbeck was much the better player and he couldn’t cement a starting berth.

Lawman

He's gotten a lot better at carrying the ball whilst sprinting. Another good game from him, imo.
What are you watching? Another good game? Standards have dropped so low it’s frightening now. If this is what you consider a good game then no wonder we have constantly finished outside top 4 the last 4-5 years.

Lawman

He is inconsistant because that's his level. He does good and bad things and will do good and bad things. I like his attitude and I've always said that but he isn't consistently good enough to play that role in a wannabe league winning team for me. He's an alright player but we're asking him to be one of the key creative parts of the team and you won't get that quality every week from him. Same with the majority of players in this squad.
Spot on.

Lawman

Back to his normal ineffective self. Poor and missed a sitter.

He’s not a united number 10 and never will be.

Yes he’s improved but Christ he’s miles away from what we should have in that position.
Yep I agree compare him to City or Arsenal or Chelsea players in that position and it’s a major gulf in quality.

Lawman

He is in brilliant form. I'm surprised, and quite ashamed to have more or less written him off, guess i simply have to be more patient.
Sometimes he has average games, but his top level and consistency has increased quite a lot lately.

Would be great if he can continue this run with a strong performance against Southampton.
And guess what he disappoints again so let’s rinse and repeat. It’s not just him the same can be said about Mata and Mykytarin. We need upgraded in these positions.

JoaquinJoaquin

Had one of his disappearing act games. Thankfully for him he gets benefit of the doubt because of his recent excellent form and the fact he still tries even when he isn't playing well unlike quite a few in this team.

Loublaze

ATLien
We'll need him against Everton. He's the only good thing we have got going in attack at the moment

IrishRedDevil

Damn, I was trying to stay off her Instagram for one day and now it’s even follow me onto RedCafe. Damn you Jena Frumes for being so hot.

JoaquinJoaquin

What an idiot. The girl he cheated with wasn't even hot. If you're going to cheat on Jena Frumes at least do it with someone hot.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What are you watching? Another good game? Standards have dropped so low it’s frightening now. If this is what you consider a good game then no wonder we have constantly finished outside top 4 the last 4-5 years.
It's all about context. Say if he were Martial I'd say he had an underwhelming game because we know what he's capable of, but for Lingard I thought he did well. I can definitely see the improvements in his general play nevermind his output in terms of goals.

manutddjw

Are these women who sell their stories aware of how stupid they sound?

“He is a child in a big house with a flashy lifestyle, he sickens me”

“We had sex 3 times that night including in the hot tub”.

Loublaze

ATLien

Yes. She's a real lowlife. I bet she let him know how repulsed she was by him before she willingly took her clothes off.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What an idiot. The girl he cheated with wasn't even hot. If you're going to cheat on Jena Frumes at least do it with someone hot.
She

Yeah all unfortunately as brainless as each other.

Red_toad

Yep I agree compare him to City or Arsenal or Chelsea players in that position and it’s a major gulf in quality.
What has players from other teams got to do with anything? Compare him to Mata and Mikhi, has been better than both of them the last few months and is worthy of his place on firm. the club has 3 players for his position he's in the best form out of all of them. If you wish to discuss transferring in a replacement, I'm sure there's a thread for that, but his performances have made him the best we have available to our team.

Red_toad

Old Afro-American scripture says: For every sexy girl, there is someone tired of fecking her.
If you believe any of this story he wasn't getting any anyways. But who gives a shite, he's not married and he's a young rich bloke. She's the typical thicko who runs to the media trying to make a buck.

binary bot
He was dating Jena Frumes:lol::eek:

To think I find myself feeling sorry for players in our team on occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.