4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Shouldn't really be playing more than 20 games a season. Needs a big upgrade.

Minimalist

Starting to get a bit silly now. He's invisible and has been for matches now.

Even for Lingard, I expect better.

Devil may care

His workrate is admirable but the cutting edge and preductivity for a player in the front 3 isn't there.

Kag

He’s a great player to have around the squad but he’s far too flakey in front of goal to cement a regular place in the first team (if we’re to get a lot better, anyway).

It isn’t a one off either. His finishing is bizarre in that the range between his bottom level and top level is just too big.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
in 2nd half opponents started treat him like air.

He needs physical presence badly not to mention bravery and some aggression.

Djemba-Djemba

He’s a great player to have around the squad but he’s far too flakey in front of goal to cement a regular place in the first team (if we’re to get a lot better, anyway).

It isn’t a one off either. His finishing is bizarre in that the range between his bottom level and top level is just too big.
Most of his goals come from absolutely brilliant finishes where he looks really calm and composed

But then most of the time he looks as bad a finisher as you'll ever see for a top club. It's very odd.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is the weakest of the front three.

Throw Sanchez in there and see what he is like.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have scored that chance as well which would have finished the game off.

drdoityourself

It's worrying that when he's obviously having a poor game Ole doesn't take him off until 70+ minutes.
I think he's far ahead in the pecking order and Alexis is only competing with Martial for a spot in the starting eleven.

deafepl

Lingard's off movement is overrated, he fecked a couple of counters attack with his poor off ball movement when he ran into Rashford's space that Pogba could be played in for and didn't pull defender away when Rashford was running with balls on counter making it impossible for Rashford to make passes or to exploit space with his running.

Rajma

Alexis should be given a shot at that position imo, good squad player but just doesn’t have enough quality on the ball to be a regular.

Jib

It's worrying that when he's obviously having a poor game Ole doesn't take him off until 70+ minutes.
I think he's far ahead in the pecking order and Alexis is only competing with Martial for a spot in the starting eleven.
Martial isn't good on the right and Sanchez refuses to play there...

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I get what he brings he brings to the team, he makes decent runs and brings other into play but I want more from him. That miss today was so poor, he could have finished the game, wasn't even that hard to put it away. He's 26 now, we should be expecting more from him, especially when he showed how good he can be last season but his main issue for me is the consistency, which isn't a good sign for a 26 year-old.

Sadly Jesse looks like a player we can and should upgrade on in the summer. But for now, he's our best option.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just don’t really see it with Lingard.

He’s not my sort of player, he doesn’t have enough about himself individually to be a wide player.

He should be used in rotation with Pogba for the CAM position, or brought in for the tougher games like park was.

AndyJ1985

I used to think he was shite, but I've now accepted he's a fine player to have in the squad. However he's no way good enough to be in our first team if we want to chase the league & CL. A serious upgrade is needed in the RW position.

billybee99

His workrate is admirable but the cutting edge and preductivity for a player in the front 3 isn't there.
No, it's not admirable; it's the least that I expect from a Manchester United player. There were lots of players for Brighton who were working very hard too. People need to stop talking about his workrate like it's some special or unique skill. What Rashford did for his goal was special. Martial driving at defenders at 90 mph is special. Pogba's passing range is special.

mewnew11

No, it's not admirable; it's the least that I expect from a Manchester United player. There were lots of players for Brighton who were working very hard too. People need to stop talking about his workrate like it's some special or unique skill. What Rashford did for his goal was special. Martial driving at defenders at 90 mph is special. Pogba's passing range is special.
This!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Exactly!!

Skills

Snitch
I like a lot of what he brings but he's still the most easily upgradeable part of our front line.

Litch

Have to agree. Playing in a position that we need more. The Arsenal Sanchez rather than the one we've seen so far would be the answer....

Shimo

Not effective today. Like him but, should have been subbed before their goal I thought. Sanchez or Lukaku need to be given a start in one of the next games along side Martial and Rashford.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great post. Lingare has his use without a doubt but he shouldn't start for us. He is too average on the ball, too weak during duels and not efficient enough in front of goal

LingiBW

This idea that he brings others into play and works hard etcetera therefore justifying his inclusion has to stop. We are Man Utd, we need every players putting their shift,being a workhorse or whatever shouldn't be the basis for starting.

Goals,assists are what he should be bringing as a forward, nothing more nothing less.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
His weight of pass is really really bad. He also misses easy chances often.

I get what he brings but in a home game against lower teams Mata really should be used.

Gomes

Funny how the people who are saying that work rate is the least that should be expected from a Manchester United player are the same ones that get offended by any Martial criticism.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People think work rate is a given for any player. Players like lingard or park have incredible stamina and ability to get in right areas.

That said he's not good enough to be starting all games. Still a top quality squad player

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Funny how the people who are saying that work rate is the least that should be expected from a Manchester United player are the same ones that get offended by any Martial criticism.
They are clueless. Work rate is a skill like shooting passing or headers. Lingard is world clase at work rate. Im not his biggest fan and think he shouldnt start against tame opposition but people have very single track minds

Viral United

We win 6 game with very good attacking football and Lingard is part of that attack.
But still all the post here are how shit he is!

-Supreme-

We win 6 game with very good attacking football and Lingard is part of that attack.
But still all the post here are how shit he is!
I guess you also rate both Jones and Young highly, and thinks they are good enough for our first team simply because they are part of the winning team that won the last 6 games?

RC89

One of those that tends to do better in the big games because he presses well and they come to score. Against lower level opposition he's pretty useless. Doesn't have the guile or class to carve out chances for himself or for his team mates.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's just not been very good this season. He can press but he's below average in almost every statistic. Statistically he's played 3 good games the whole season (Cardiff, Arsenal and Burnley).

Alexit

Bang average, nowhere near starter material for United but we need good squad players and he checks that box.

Canagel

In the big matches when he's given specific job to do off the ball he's very important asset but games like this he's exposed. clearly a level below Rashford and Martial who have the X factor.

Eddy_JukeZ

He should be upgraded on in the summer, but he's a very good squad player to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.