4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

automaticflare

Will always be good in games like today but his name inconsistent quality in final pass always lets him down against bigger teams. He is very good playing the role be played tonight to be fair.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The lad milly rocked at the emirates then did the moonwalk a year later. How can you not like this guy?!

Johan07

Is it safe to say that false 9 is his best position? All these times where people wondered if he was an AM, RM, number 8, second striker...
False nine/top of diamond midfield. Its kinda the same. He should be playing centrally is the thing. He could even take Herreras place against lesser opposition and do very well IMO.

Woziak

Will always be good in games like today but his name inconsistent quality in final pass always lets him down against bigger teams. He is very good playing the role be played tonight to be fair.
Totally agree but a great squad player that gets the club which should never be underestimated.

Sylar

On Instagram he wrote dancefloor :lol::lol::lol:

Great finish , good worker for us especially with regards to our high press. Dancing and pissing them off and backing Rashford (again) was great

Bwuk

Reminds me of how Park used to always score and play well vs Arsenal.

Really good today. Think the false 9/CAM role suits him down to a tee.

Ekeke

A nice finish and fairly good other than that too. He also ended up with his average position further forward than Pogba this time, which hadnt been the case in recent games

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Nothing but love for him. Again on the road for the +20 goals and assists season working his socks off in the process.

Keep smiling boy!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
If he keeps on playing like this I might actually get me a stupid hoodie from him.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Still think he's an overpromoted squad player but you can't knock some of these performances considering his limited gifts, he's playing at his maximum capacity

marktan

He's essentially our version of Park from 10 years ago. Really useful player to have in the squad, just not one you'd start in a technical match against the very best, but when he does play he never stops running.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Pretty much always weaponized against Gunners. I bet Arsenal will bid for him in few years, like they did with Welbeck.

Squad player or not, his shot was 100% intentional and technically close to perfection.

Andersonson

Valuable member of the Squad, much like Park was. In big games like theese you need players like Lingard. Honest and sharp. Scores some wonderful goals too. People who calls him average dont understand football!

Walters_19_MuFc

Tactically fantastic. Took his finish well. Some people would panic in that position but he showed great composure.

Will always do the job required both on and off the ball and provides that balance as he's someone who passes and moves, which is needed when playing with people who like to dribble i.e. Martial, Rashford, Pogba, etc.

People will say we need more creativity, but sometimes its hard to get the best of both worlds, in that you wont get an Eriksen type of player who gives you the running of Lingard and vice versa.

Going forward Jesse for me is certainly someone who should be picking up 25-30 games a season for us.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Park was usually started in the big games by SAF actually... And it usually was a tactical masterstroke.
Lingard has goals at Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Anfield. I've said it before but the main difference between Lingard and Park is that Park wasnt criticised when he had a quiet game because we had world class players around him like it should have been.

Aloysius's Back 3

Lingard has goals at Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Anfield. I've said it before but the main difference between Lingard and Park is that Park wasnt criticised when he had a quiet game because we had world class players around him like it should have been.
Yep this is the problem.

If park was playing for this team - he would be criticised because he would not be technical enough, not consistent enough etc. Park played alongside Ronaldo, Tevez, Carrick, Rooney etc who were providing the consistency and Park merely did a job for us - an important one that the consistent players would struggle at during the bigger games; arguably filling a gap. Lingard does the same thing for us but is hated upon because the players around him are not yet consistent enough.

marktan

Park was usually started in the big games by SAF actually... And it usually was a tactical masterstroke.
And it worked a decent amount of times, but it also failed too - see the 2 CL finals against Barca. I think nowadays teams have become more attacking, more technical with their front 3, that you really need to match the firepower in attack with your own front 3 and let your midfield and defence have work horses in it. Otherwise you're sat defending most of the game and have little to counter with. As I say very good option to have Lingard is, just against the top teams I'd rather have someone like Sancho in.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Did he just ignore Lukaku to do the moonwalk? I thought that's a bit awkward.
Or it's just a common thing to do.

Sylar

Yeah I agree with this. I think Lingard will get less criticism with the way United are set up now under Ole and with the way we attack. (Although has that stigma attached to him)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Also love how he went after the Arsenal players.
On his own too. :lol: Rashford stepped out whilst Lingard went toe to toe with Xhaka and Kolasinac.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's essentially our version of Park from 10 years ago. Really useful player to have in the squad, just not one you'd start in a technical match against the very best, but when he does play he never stops running.
He is better than Park IMO. And like Park, seems to have this ability to score in big matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.