4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

He is one of the worst 'wingers' I have ever seen. Doesn't have any of the skills needed to play there. No speed, trickery. No crossing, no dribbling past defenders. No goal scoring. I'd rather have players like Traore or Knockaert actually.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And people wonder why we have trouble moving on our deadwood.
That's why the like of Jones didn't feel ashamed asking for 150k/wk.
We paid the like of Lingard 100k, Lukaku 200k and Sanchez 500k every week. It's fecking crazy when you watch the shitshow they put in on the field.

FredisRed

First team wingers in PL( in clubs who play 433)
Salah, Mane, Shaqiri
Sane, Mahrez, Silva, Sterling
Hazardonly strength is his movement, Willian, Pedro
Son, Lamela, Moura
Mikhi, Iwobi, Auba
Walcot, Deulofeu
Vietto, Schurrle
Townsend, Zaha
Redmond, Ings
Costa, Neves ,Traore( i guess)
Arnautovic, Anderson

In this 11 clubs, first team player of mighty Manchester United would not be in first 11. Fulham and West Ham have better wingers ffs. In our direct rivals he would not be on the bench. But hey, he is local lad who runs a lot and has great movement. Other clubs don't know what they are missing here.
And sad part is that we sold Zaha, Januzaj and Depay, Rashford and Martial are warming the bench but Lingard stays and plays. So pissed about that.
His only strength is his movement And that has earned him £ 100 K a week. WOW!

van Nistelrooy

Can't wait for the day when this brat leaves the club.

He might be a local lad and United through and through, but so are thousands of people in the Old Trafford crowd. They're not stealing a wage and a place in the starting 11.

Get him out of the club before he releases his dance DVD for Christmas!

OzKangarooney

He might be a local lad and United through and through, but so are thousands of people in the Old Trafford crowd. They're not stealing a wage and a place in the starting 11.

Not his fault he is a starter, should just be a squad player like i think the majority of people generally expected him to be, but we literally have no right wingers

Festive Sandvich

Not his fault he is a starter, should just be a squad player like i think the majority of people generally expected him to be, but we literally have no right wingers
If I were José, I'd Chong it up on the right. If none of the first team wingers who all seem obsessed with wanting to be on the left don't want to play there, give the position to the lad that does.

L1nk

I was laughed at last season when everyone was saying he was amazing and I said he needed to do it for a full consistent season if not more to shrug off the multiple seasons of averageness he'd been showing beforehand, low and behold he's returned to his default state of averageness. Said it before and i'll say it again, squad player at best, not good enough for us, especially not good enough for the first team, no other top team in the world would have him in their team.

UncleBob

Thank god for hyperbole.

Still don't think people understand what type of player Lingard is. Quite a few (most?), especially in here, were surprised that Lingard was being mentioned as a better alternative than Mkhi, when he dislodged him as the first choice it more or less coincided with Lingard playing his best football ever, generally delivering mint performances and goals. I have a feeling that the same people are now some of his biggest fans in here, but they still don't understand him so it'll take some time until they understand when he's not playing well...

The Ji Sung Park reference isn't too bad, but not in terms of energy levels, more in terms of you'll generally always get a decent performance from him, but he'll rarely stand out. I think he's more of a purpose player that should be used depending on who we are playing. Important player to keep, but i'd be surprised if he's a long term first choice player in the starting lineup.

I think he's going in a similar direction as Rashford in the fact that he only really performs with more promise and confidence for the national team.

Aloysius's Back 3

Said it before - it wasn't anything about Jose getting the best out of Lingard - it was him playing in his best position that led to his best performances.

Suprisingly - Lukaku, Martial Rashford & even the ageing Sanchez need changes to their position that Jose does not give.

An inadequate management.

ForestRGoinUp

I think he's going in a similar direction as Rashford in the fact that he only really performs with more promise and confidence for the national team.
Both think they’re bigger stars than they are. You can see it in their eyes. We’re building a platform for average players to briefly overachieve and then hit their payday. Lingard and Rashford fall right into the Walcott/Welbeck/Lallana category of English players.

Kostov

What are people expecting from an attacking player, when even his biggest fans proclaim his best attributes as movement and running? The lad isn't at fault for playing, it's those who chose to play him, and even give him new contract.

He can have good moments and score good goals, but it's evident it's nothing that would come regularly, but just a purple patch or moments that even average players can have, when given playing time. I am one of his biggest critics I can imagine, but it was evident that he was better in a different system like England play, yet even there he didn't show enough to be considered good enough starter for Manchester United.

settembrini

He's a good #10, he showed it last season.

Don't hate the player, hate the fact that someone who has never played well on the right wing in his career is the starting right winger for Manchester United.

Bwuk

He's a central player who gets played out wide.

Can't beat a man and doesn't have the pace/acceleration to play wide. Just another square peg in a round hole - sums up our squad.

LingiBW

For all the supposed movement he has, has anyone wondered why he seems to only be able to show the said movement when he's around the left channel?

could it be that having half the team crowded in that section of the pitch gives him the outlet that makes us fans think he's good at this movement thing?

I ask because if he was really that good, shouldn't we be seeing something similar happening in his designated RW spot?

Boycott

For all the supposed movement he has, has anyone wondered why he seems to only be able to show the said movement when he's around the left channel?

could it be that having half the team crowded in that section of the pitch gives him the outlet that makes us fans think he's good at this movement thing?

I ask because if he was really that good, shouldn't we be seeing something similar happening in his designated RW spot?
When you've got inverted wingers it is naturally easier to make better movement because you are coming from out to in onto your stronger side. You don't have to actually have great ball skills like dribbling to find space.

It's the opposite when you have wide players who are left footed on the left and right footed on the right - because they are supposed to give width by staying wide. Lingard can't do that because he doesn't have the dribbling talent to take on a full back all game, so he tilts inwards. It leaves the RW empty but also because his left foot isn't that good he is a bit pointless coming in from the right. You're not getting natural width and you're not getting a skillful inverted winger (Mahrez for example)

Just an example to explain Lingard clearer - the one position Rooney rarely was used was RW. He said himself he didn't like to go there for the same reason. A right footer coming from the left sees the pitch open up, a right footer coming from the right sees his options closed off.

Bestietom

We need proper wingers so why not give the youngsters their chance. They cannot do any worse than what we have.

Alabaster Codify7

Painfully average player. Just another example of our club accepting mediocrity - he would get nowhere near the starting 11 of any big club in Europe yet he's the first choice RW for Manchester United. It's mind-blowing really.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He is one of the worst 'wingers' I have ever seen. Doesn't have any of the skills needed to play there. No speed, trickery. No crossing, no dribbling past defenders. No goal scoring. I'd rather have players like Traore or Knockaert actually.
I think if we played Rooney as a LB, I'd also rather have had Danny Simpson there

Trizy

I was laughed at last season when everyone was saying he was amazing and I said he needed to do it for a full consistent season if not more to shrug off the multiple seasons of averageness he'd been showing beforehand, low and behold he's returned to his default state of averageness. Said it before and i'll say it again, squad player at best, not good enough for us, especially not good enough for the first team, no other top team in the world would have him in their team.
Ya I got absolutely slated for saying he wasn't good enough during his purple patch. I did however think during that extended form that I had got it wrong and he was indeed a good player but that didn't last long, he was back to his useless self within a few games.

He's in his 4th season as a regular United player (40 game average the past 3 seasons) and he's turning 26. The ''potential'' argument is long dead. I think it's safe to say by now he's not good enough for United.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He will win you a Cup but don't expect him to be a part of title race pursuit team.

It's really not his fault, he can be very useful at times but if United board and management didn't had heads up their arse for another summer window, he would look a lot better in a team with leaders, ambitious attackers and manager with a choice other than Fellaini and injured Jones.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

We haven't signed a RW since Valencia, I think that's more of an issue with the club than it is Lingard.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I doubt you got laughed at suggesting he may not be good enough for a starting spot here but if you actually did, it'll happen again once he hits a purple patch. It's bread and butter of football-orientated message boards. Same with Lukaku who's now ranging from 'utter dross' (literally) to 'not good enough' despite being 'one of the best strikers around' not so long ago (while notching 4 in 7 since) and will be so again. Now I'm reading we should be envious of Arsenal wing options consisting of Mkhitaryan who, in return, used to be ridiculed on here.

JoaquinJoaquin

Officially back to the wretched Lingard of 2015-2016. Epitomises everything that is wrong with the team. Bang average player who is more concerned with his image of being a social media star.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is not a wide player
Today he played in midfield. And was the same. If you put him on full back in Barcelona or attacker in Leeds, he will be the same shit player who is stealing a living in one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He just cannot start against West Ham. He’s fecking infuriatingly shite.

IAmAWinner

He has always been a bit of a nothing player, with a wondergoal here and there. Had a purple patch last December and is now back to shit.

Renegade

Can’t wait for his “we’ll fight on” post on social media. Shouldn’t be a starter for a top 6 side.

Dan_F

He might be in poor form at the moment, but so is every other attacker in the squad. Clearly he’s not a right winger and has never played well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.