4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Poor Jesse, having been a huge critic of his for years, I actually started to rate him last season and felt he was becoming an asset. Still think he's a good squad option but unfortunately when the team is in the shit like it is now, he will be heavily criticised. Also, he's not a fecking winger! Dear God, he's so bad out there it's infuriating watching him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He has had most his games playing as a RW this season. A lot of the Jose fans was telling us that Lingard had improved under him when likewise 'we told them' that it was just because Lingard was playing in his best natural position as a AM/SS that stays behind the striker.

Likewise players like Martial, Sanchez & Rashford have been playing so many varied roles & only a very few games in the best position.

Lingard will get form once he gets a few games at AM /SS again - not the RW he never was.
Maybe it escaped you, but he didn't stay in RW. He drifted to whatever the feck he wanted; even in some cases to the left wing. He's more of SS/AM/free role than RW in all the games.

Aloysius's Back 3

Maybe it escaped you, but he didn't stay in RW. He drifted to whatever the feck he wanted; even in some cases to the left wing. He's more of SS/AM/free role than RW in all the games.
Lingard is a player who relies on making the right runs at the right time - him drifting about from the RW is different to him playing directly behind the striker as a player who reactively makes the right move & run - whilst also having a good shot on him.

Best example is how Lampard was so deadly behind Drogba - the latter created so much space for him that Lampard was at the right space & the right time to play off him & score the goals literally off Drogbas hard work.

Lampard would be hindered if he was asked to play as a RW - even if he had the freedom to move where he wants - be it keep the width or cut in, he would not consistently be directly behind the striker playing reactively off him.

Lukaku helped Lingard more than any other player because there was space off him. It was the first games that Lingard actually got to play in his position consistently & he did well. It was something a lot of fans were surprised about last season - but it was always going to work because he is a very direct player & needs to play in a direct position.

Give him a run of consistent games off any striker as a SS/Cam & he will be better positioned than being told to start out right & drift anywhere he likes from that position. Lingard at that point becomes a supplier to Lukaku more than a forward off Lukaku.

Remember how he played wonderful just off Rashford in the 352 against Chelsea? Absolutely class.

Martial, Rashford, Lukaku Sanchez & Lingard are all forwards - we need to stop using one; if we get LF, RF & False 9 - it will be obvious to a lot of us at how different the forwards capabilities are & this would lead us to actually having some cohesion for once.

Imagine Rashford & Lukaku upfront with the central spaces open for Martial as a false 9 to take his men on & shift the ball left & right. Imagine Lingard being a more direct option to Martial - play Lingard as a False 9, with Sanchez & Rashford playing off him - the sheer tenacity between those players would be hell.

The list is endless. Positioning means a lot & a lot of our players are not positioned well. Lingard was last season at least better than normal or what I have seen this season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Lingard is a player who relies on making the right runs at the right time - him drifting about from the RW is different to him playing directly behind the striker as a player who reactively makes the right move & run - whilst also having a good shot on him.

Best example is how Lampard was so deadly behind Drogba - the latter created so much space for him that Lampard was at the right space & the right time to play off him & score the goals literally off Drogbas hard work.

Lampard would be hindered if he was asked to play as a RW - even if he had the freedom to move where he wants - be it keep the width or cut in, he would not consistently be directly behind the striker playing reactively off him.

Lukaku helped Lingard more than any other player because there was space off him. It was the first games that Lingard actually got to play in his position consistently & he did well. It was something a lot of fans were surprised about last season - but it was always going to work because he is a very direct player & needs to play in a direct position.

Give him a run of consistent games off any striker as a SS/Cam & he will be better positioned than being told to start out right & drift anywhere he likes from that position. Lingard at that point becomes a supplier to Lukaku more than a forward off Lukaku.

Remember how he played wonderful just off Rashford in the 352 against Chelsea? Absolutely class.

Martial, Rashford, Lukaku Sanchez & Lingard are all forwards - we need to stop using one; if we get LF, RF & False 9 - it will be obvious to a lot of us at how different the forwards capabilities are & this would lead us to actually having some cohesion for once.

Imagine Rashford & Lukaku upfront with the central spaces open for Martial as a false 9 to take his men on & shift the ball left & right. Imagine Lingard being a more direct option to Martial - play Lingard as a False 9, with Sanchez & Rashford playing off him - the sheer tenacity between those players would be hell.

The list is endless. Positioning means a lot & a lot of our players are not positioned well. Lingard was last season at least better than normal or what I have seen this season.
Look. Where is Lingaardd... Owww.. he's right behind Lukaku's ass most of the time. Just because on starting formation he's a RW, but for sure as hell he didn't play as RW.

It’s like we’re playing with ten men or something - you can’t even see Lingard’s red dot!

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Look. Where is Lingaardd... Owww.. he's right behind Lukaku's ass most of the time. Just because on starting formation he's a RW, but for sure as hell he didn't play as RW.
Well I think that puts to bed all this crap about not playing him in his favoured position.
I said it when he went through his one decent month in God knows how many, form is temporary and class is permanent.

I’m sure the Messi Lingod fans will have some other excuse now, or somehow claim that because he is on the right side of the pitch during kick off, this effects his play! Rather than just accepting that he’s simply not good enough.

Ashley R1+O

I had the displeasure of having to watch the game again with a friend of mine and he was an absolute beast in the first half. I'd start him against West Ham over Pogba in that attacking midfield role with Fellaini and Matic behind him. Herrera and Pogba haven't cemented the role and unless you play Lingard on the wing I think he's showed some serious tactical promise against Derby.

Robbie Boy

I had the displeasure of having to watch the game again with a friend of mine and he was an absolute beast in the first half. I'd start him against West Ham over Pogba in that attacking midfield role with Fellaini and Matic behind him. Herrera and Pogba haven't cemented the role and unless you play Lingard on the wing I think he's showed some serious tactical promise against Derby.
Dear god, what hyperbolical shite this is.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
So what is he? He’s not a number 10 because he creates feck all.
Here's the big problem.

Is he good enough as a #10 to be our first choice? He probably shouldn't be, but ultimately he outperformed our other options last season. So do we drop him and play somebody who is playing worse than him, because that would be our only other option.

Likewise, is he good enough as a right winger in a 433 that we are playing now? He definitely shouldn't be and it doesn't suit him, but he's still outperforming the other options when they play there. Mata has been completely invisible for the last 9 months, and our movement is utterly atrocious when we use Rashford/Martial/Sanchez there. So as average as he generally is in that position, the others are proving to be worse.

That's the situation we are in at the moment. Lingard probably shouldn't be in our starting line-up (especially in a 433), but ultimately he's getting the nod because the other options are worse. He shouldn't get hate for that, it's not his fault.

drdoityourself

As a nr 10, or just as a player, he links up well with the players behind him. But creating chances or becoming a regular goal threat is beyond him. He often picks up the ball in good positions, but lacks the skill and strength to make something happen. How many times I've seen him fall down trying to get a free kick because he doesn't trust himself to break a challenge and carry the ball forward.
As we move towards a more of a 433 rather than 4231 and he is selected in the front three, he just isn't delivering. Doesn't create, doesn't threaten, which is a luxury we cannot afford in this team.

Move Alexis to the right, and give Martial a proper run on the left.

Kostov

I had the displeasure of having to watch the game again with a friend of mine and I'd start him against West Ham over Pogba in that attacking midfield role with Fellaini and Matic behind him. Herrera and Pogba haven't cemented the role and unless you play Lingard on the wing I think he's showed some serious tactical promise against Derby.
Fecking hell :lol:

Absolute beast? Talk about a hyperbole. Hazard was an absolute beast against Pool. Lingard was his own average self, doing nothing, passing backwards and every other pass of his landed half a meter behind the receiving player, and that was Derby.

In the same time you've described Martial's game as the ''same old raw 22 year old with his game not really developed''. That's some total bullshit lad. Martial did more in that Derby match alone, then Lingard contributed since the start of the season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's not first choice material. Fine as backup. It's as simple as that really. He'll have flourishes but it's not enough.

Tbh I think Lingards job is to create space for others. That's what he's good at, it's not a real position but he's a space creator :lol:

stepic

he's never been good enough to be a starter. it's not even a question. squad player only.

Robbie Boy

he's never been good enough to be a starter. it's not even a question. squad player only.
Had a spell last season where he definitely deserved to be starting. Ability wise though, he's a squad player who's had a bad start to the season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Both Lingard & Mata aren't given role to be a right winger. It's not because they don't want to be right winger and defy the manager's instruction, they are just following the manager's instruction and their role isn't right winger, their role is to find space for himself to score goals & also provide space for other players.

They received a free role because they are good with off ball movement. Since Mourinho joined United, this is just how Mourinho wants his right winger to be and that's why we never sign a new right winger.

AndyJ1985

Both Lingard & Mata aren't given role to be a right winger. It's not because they don't want to be right winger and defy the manager's instruction, they are just following the manager's instruction and their role isn't right winger, their role is to find space for himself to score goals & also provide space for other players.

They received a free role because they are good with off ball movement. Since Mourinho joined United, this is just how Mourinho wants his right winger to be and that's why we never sign a new right winger.
If that were true then it's further reason to sack him, because the pair of them are useless.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I was generous also, yeah right.
You're falling over yourself to criticize him, to the point where you're disagreeing with yourself :lol:. Christ, this place.

Kostov

You're falling over yourself to criticize him, to the point where you're disagreeing with yourself :lol:. Christ, this place.
And you embarrassing yourself defending a corner that isn't even attacked. I wrote his level is 75-82, in the interval that usually average players ratings are varying on form.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's had a poor start to the season for me. Needs to step it up, capable of much better.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
And you embarrassing yourself defending a corner that isn't even attacked. I wrote his level is 75-82, in the interval that usually average players ratings are varying on form.
:lol: You know other people can see your posts in this thread too, right?
Fans arguing over a trivial rating Lingard has in a videogame,oh gawd.:lol:
No, we weren’t arguing over the trivial rating of a player, I don’t play the game, but it’s the usual hypobolic bullshit to slag off our players at every given opportunity. It’s pathetic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Always sell him during the first transfer window on FIFA. No time for average.

Kostov

:lol: You know other people can see your posts in this thread too, right?
Is that something you discovered just now? I bet you checked every post of mine in this thread. :lol:

I'm not gonna get a "top red" medal now am I?

No, we weren’t arguing over the trivial rating of a player, I don’t play the game, but it’s the usual hypobolic bullshit to slag off our players at every given opportunity. It’s pathetic.
Then why are you arguing about something you have no idea how it works?

Kostov

Always sell him during the first transfer window on FIFA. No time for average.
I think you should give him time to develop, after all he is just a young local lad of 26. :lol:

Joke aside, I keep him, there are few good English players and I rarely sell them. I even keep Jones :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.