4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy Rederson

There was one infuriating moment when Martial was slowing down waiting for him to make an overlapping run and he just refused to go. If he doesn't run, what does he do?
I remember losing my shit seeing that. I cant even imagine what the hell he was thinking. a hundred grand a week for that dog shit.

JoaquinJoaquin

Sadly epitomises everything that is wrong with the club right now. Mediocre player on a massively overpaid wage.

Web of Bissaka

Used to run a lot with purpose, seriously perform and gave it my all 140%, willing runner and fearless fighter.
Achieved that Messi Lingod form, and a big game player.

*Got an amazing contract*
Wow, my club is so easy.
Thank god the club is run by clueless idiots now, no more of that scottish old man.

Oh yes my life is set for stone now, time to focus on my amazing brand and becoming a social media celebrity and entrepreneur.

Football???
Puh-lease that's just the money-maker. What will my club do, terminate my contract? haha, they don't have the guts. Selling me out? I'm going to refuse, and they have plenty more waste players sticking the ship whom they need to get rid first before getting rid of me. I run a lot you know.

Now I just jog and being a joke.

opopop

Is there an attacking player for a big club with worse stats in goals and assists that play as often as he does?

Bojan11

Is there an attacking player for a big club with worse stats in goals and assists that play as often as he does?
We’d be pissing ourselves if he was playing for any other big club.

I know if a Liverpool youth player was pulling his numbers and played like him there’d be quite a few threads mocking him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'd be very surprised if there was. The saddest thing is that he offers absolutely nothing outside of those (few) goals and assists. He just runs about and passes the ball back to the player he got it from every now and then.

Devil may care

None of the forwards were good enough but what has happened to the pressing and tenacity in his game?

Bojan11

Surprised he got selected. Not found his form since the World Cup.
Besides the Panama game he wasn’t exactly great there too. England relied on set pieces for majority of their goals and the attack besides Sterling was non threatening at times. Now Sancho is in the picture and then you have Odoi he’d struggle to start for England.

JoaquinJoaquin

None of the forwards were good enough but what has happened to the pressing and tenacity in his game?
He has become complacent and is believing his own hype that he gets from social media.

Watch any tape of his running from his first season to now, its a polar opposite nearly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Surprised he got selected. Not found his form since the World Cup.
I'm really starting to think this might be peak of his entire career if he won't finally grow a pair. 26 years is perfect age to start playing best football for any player, but now he can't even push opponent off the ball.

Timo.utd

To think he's on 100k per week! he's so lucky and even would struggle to get into West hams starting eleven

Last edited by a moderator:

Devil may care

He has become complacent and is believing his own hype that he gets from social media.

Watch any tape of his running from his first season to now, its a polar opposite nearly.
The thing was he was playing with that high energy under Ole before he got injured, I wonder if we've rushed him back.

Steven-UK

Absolutely stealing a living this lad. Shameful that a club of our statue allow this to happen. I also agree, he is definitely complacent, and believes he is a first team starter no matter how he plays. This needs to stop.

Negan

Why is this guy in the team? Why is he on 200k a week? What does he offer?

His numbers are shocking. He’s not even a young player so you can’t use that excuse.

Would love anyone to genuinely convince me that we wouldn’t be better off with somebody like Zaha or Lozano on the right over this dancing muppet.

el3mel

Is this good enough to be a first choice forward?
This stats miss his movement and running! They must be included somewhere. That is what they used to defend him with!

3 years from now on I think people will started labeling him "great servant" too!

An Irish Red

The sad thing is, if he scores a tap in at Everton, this thread will be full of people mocking the 'haters' who didn't believe in him; like one goal every few months is enough for them.

This club accepts mediocrity far too easily, on all levels.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There was one moment in particular - we had won the ball on the right, Rashford had turned it on to Lingard, Martial was making a run on the open left side, and 4 Barca players were closing on Lingard. What he had to do was turn and make a difficult (not nowhere near impossible) pass; he had a few seconds before they would reach him.
It's not that I was disappointed when he didn't manage (he didn't even manage the turn let alone the pass). I knew it, the moment I knew who it was, that nothing was going to happen despite us having the ball in their half and our most reliable finisher having a clear run on goal. Because Lingard just doesn't have the consistent skill to be able to do difficult-but-not-impossible moves. And the worst thing is that I would only trust Pogba (and maybe Pereira) to be able to make the quick turn and find the pass. We totally lack attacking quality and creativity.

Raw

Is this good enough to be a first choice forward?
2 goals and 1 assist came against Cardiff.
2 goals in 2 games against Arsenal.
1 goal in a loss against Liverpool.
1 assist against Huddersfield.
1 assist against Derby.

Dreadful stuff really.

Why do people still treat him like he's a young up-and-comer?
He tricks people into thinking he's young because he acts like a child and hangs out with Rashford.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is no upside in playing him, he isn't young, these experiences won't make him a better and courageous player. Just play a promising player instead or Lukaku.

Roykeaneismagic

Total garbage. I wouldn't even have him as a squad player for the simple reason what is he going to offer when he comes onto the pitch........nothing.

Fracture90

Someone said it on reddit that if he wasn't English and homegrown he'd be considered a bigger flop than Sanchez. Though I disagree with that OTT view, he really is a player that should be battling for his place on the bench and not starting. Other than his mindless running he contributes to absolutely nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.