4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

What an absolutely woeful player we have in charge of linking midfield and attack. No wonder we're struggling when this nothing player is starting for us every game.

Not to say it's all his fault, he just hasn't done anything to prove he deserves to play for us other than him being a local lad.

flappyjay

Don't be daft.

No idea why people feel the need to make shit up. It was the same bollox when Pereira played, "Ole loves him blablabla", as soon as players returned from injury he was out of the team and it'll be the same with Lingard.
Yeah there are all the same infuriating level. Mata, lingard and Pereira are all the same

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s just a pace merchant. Even against top sides he just runs a lot and gives better players space to actually do things. He can run fast and chase down the Man City defence, great. That’s all he’s got.
I don’t disagree, but we need to buy first team players to push him down the pecking order.

Sylar

Is it bad that I thought he actually did better than I thought he would on that one on one chance. I thought he would either get caught, step on the ball or take it so wide trying to round the keeper, he would knock it for a throw to save a goal kick

Alabaster Codify7

Watford are the worst team in the league and I can confidently say that Jesse Lingard would not get into their team, not even close. Yet he's regularly starting games for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He is on the level of guys like Kieran Richardson and Tom Cleverly, who were rightly punted out of the club once it became apparent they were not going to improve any further. Lingard is pushing fecking 30 yrs old.

Banana Republic

Yeah there are all the same infuriating level. Mata, lingard and Pereira are all the same
Lingard is a country mile worst than the other two.

I could launch into a 3 page rant about this totally nothing player.
But I’m not going to waste my time.
There’s no hope when the manager and his coaches even consider he’s worth putting on a team sheet, let alone making him a nailed on starter.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Expect a post on Social Media of him basically taking this piss.

He does not give a shit. You cannot blame him as one poster said. Its the managers fault since Ferguson left for picking him.

If i were in his position i would milk it for what it is worth.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I bet the club are furious they can never find a good time to announce a new contract
:lol:

You just know they have the tweet ready and everytime Jesse plays a successful sideways pass their finger starts to hover over the send button.

kundalini

His form since the World Cup has been completely unacceptable. It reflects really badly on the manager when Lingard can't even finish his huge chance, through on goal, in the first half.

Solskjaer has shown far too much faith in Lingard, based on very little.

767 mins in the PL this season. 0 goals 0 assists.

Nico87

I genuinely would expect him to struggle to unlock a western style door, never mind any premier league defence.

Devil81

He takes the simple option in the first half and the game has a totally different outlook. Instead, he attempts a worldie that should only be attempted at 4-0, not 0-0.

I put today's result at his feet, he had the chance to influence the game with a simple chance and he chooses to big-time charlie it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pereira has been comfortably better than the other two this season (not counting the few games he was played in central midfield). Still nowhere near good enough of course, but significantly better which is why he ended up as first choice despite starting the season behind both of them. Lingard was starting to look like he might be getting back into form again recently and Ole moved him back into the starting line-up, but he's been atrocious again the last few games. Ole made a mistake today as he should have gone back to Pereira for this one.

manunited1919

I bet the club are furious they can never find a good time to announce a new contract
Then maybe they want to put the Woodward theory to the test. The one about fans staying forever loyal to their teams, and one of the principal reasons why the Glazers invested in United.

Bojan11

He’s just a pace merchant. Even against top sides he just runs a lot and gives better players space to actually do things. He can run fast and chase down the Man City defence, great. That’s all he’s got.
Nah you giving him too much credit with pace merchant. He ain’t even that quick.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He's simply out of his depth, it's Ole's fault for going into the season believing he was good enough to be a starter for the 10, and for persisting with him despite his form and performances. No 27 player will ever tell a manager - boss, I don't belong here. Ole should have made that call and at least Gomes some chances.

I don't see a future for him at this club. And he may need to resolve his issues at home before he can concentrate on football. A vacation or a break.

El Zoido

His form since the World Cup has been completely unacceptable. It reflects really badly on the manager when Lingard can't even finish his huge chance, through on goal, in the first half.

Solskjaer has shown far too much faith in Lingard, based on very little.

767 mins in the PL this season. 0 goals 0 assists.
It goes way beyond this season..

billybee99

The manager has to play with the players he has. I think many of our better performances have him in the side. He offers us something counterattacking against better sides, but I fully acknowledge he gives us nothing against sides that sit deeper and defender with two rows of four or five.
Another horrible post from one of Lingard's biggest defenders. He offers nothing against the top sides that a league 3 player couldn't. He presses the ball from the #10 position. Wow. Incredible. What a unique skill to be able to run without the ball. You could literally pick someone out of the Stretford End and pay them 100,000 quid to run around at defenders and provide 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 dribbles and 0 key passes which are his usual stats. A fecking dog could press the ball while putting up the same stats; hell, a dog would probably fluke a goal or an assist at some point during the course of one complete year. I would play Bebe or Obertan before Jesse Lingard. Welbeck looks like Thierry Henry next to Lingard.

manunited1919

He should have been sacked after this episode:

Never had the mentality or skills to be a MUFC player. He has been a disgrace to our team for too long.

Reiver

I don't know who to be more disappointed with: Lingard and his performances, or Ole for the fact he keeps picking him.

RoyH1

Still just a young lad. Give him some time to mature and show what he can do

Chairman Steve

If he has personal off field problems then I would take him out the firing line so to speak and just not play him. The fickle nature of the profession that is ultimately trivial probably doesn’t go well with real life problems.

Aside from that, his stats say it all. He is an attacking midfielder and in his 23 games this season he has one goal and one assist to his name.

LJJT

I really like him I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism, I think he’s overall a good player but like the rest of our current midfield (Fred and McT) he can only shine against the best teams when he has the space and his off the ball movement can hurt teams. He’s very poor when we “dominate” vs the poorer teams

jem

I really like him I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism, I think he’s overall a good player but like the rest of our current midfield (Fred and McT) he can only shine against the best teams when he has the space and his off the ball movement can hurt teams. He’s very poor when we “dominate” vs the poorer teams
How is this possible?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
After what you've just written i fail to see how you still think he's a good player. Maybe i'm wrong though and he is indeed a good player.. I mean, according to Ole he normally scores that big chance he had today.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I like him, and couldn’t care less about how he lives his life, what he posts, how he dances etc. But he’s nowhere near good enough as a player and cannot be starting games. If we didn’t have so many needs, I’d say he shouldn’t start next season at the club at all.

DoomSlayer

His misses today and against Everton cost us both games, in my opinion. Generally, his performance was awful.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
By the way he carries himself off the field, with his social media presence and clothing range, he undermines the manager. It is basically a big fcuk you to who ever manages him.

He has to be gotten rid off before ole. He is making the club rotten.

manunited1919

Heads need to roll after that performance. Ole needs to show he has the guts to push this guy out of the team. Otherwise it will be Ole’s own head the one doing the rolling.

klayton88

I remember when my mum was poorly and I forgot how to control a football. Pathetic. Shame what's happened off the pitch for him and wouldn't wish it on anybody but that fact it kind of got him a pass with some people and made them believe this is why he's generally been a bag of shit and to get of his case is laughable. When my mum was poorly I still had to go an earn minimum wage and if I was bad at my job I'd have been sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.