Johnny Depp and Amber Heard | 2nd November: Loses libel claim

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
You would be amazed it really isn't much difference. 43% of all cases in the US are Male victims, 1 in 3 women will get abused at home and 1 in 4 males. Given that there are two shelters that accept male victims from well over 2000 shelters, funding is over 65% state or federal you could say that it's really a Male stigma. At least it seems not socially acceptable that there are Male abuse victims.
Is that adults only (abuse in partnerships) or including violence against children/teenagers?

Last edited:

izec

I am kind of shocked how frequently this happens (women abusing men). Never been in a relationship where i have experienced this (or abused the partner). I am just good ad deescalating i guess before things go tits up. I dont know how people that love each other can beat each other up. I mean you are together by choice, no point in injuring the other if it doesn't work out and you don't fit together (anymore)

arthurka

Is that adults only (abuse in partnerships) or including violence against children/teenagers?
It's IPV intimate partner violence.
For example in 2014 the CDC released a report showing 5,4 million male victims of IPV and 4,7 million women. The CDC released a survey in 2010 showing 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men would be victims to IPV. But in 2016 only one shelter was operating for male victims out of over 2000 shelters across the US. It shows that it is an issue of both genders but it isn't socially acceptable that men are on the receiving end of abuse. It isn't a gender issue it's just an issue.

To put this into context for the same IPV crimes women will get sentence that is normally 60% shorter or will need to pay 60% less than male abusers. It's a money thing really because if the women's right movement gets a funding over 1 billion a year and if it would be categorized as both male and female issue that funding would have to be split.

But as this Heard and Depp case shows there is still a long way to go here. Deep got the#metoo movement full force but I haven't seen many or anyone apologizing to him because the hatred he received.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Women are more often the victims but even more so on the receiving end of extreme violence and murder. So while all domestic violence is bad it isn't suprising where the focus is given the epidemic of women being killed.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
It's IPV intimate partner violence.
For example in 2014 the CDC released a report showing 5,4 million male victims of IPV and 4,7 million women. The CDC released a survey in 2010 showing 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men would be victims to IPV. But in 2016 only one shelter was operating for male victims out of over 2000 shelters across the US. It shows that it is an issue of both genders but it isn't socially acceptable that men are on the reviving end of abuse. It isn't a gender issue it's just an issue.

To put this into context for the same IPV crimes women will get sentence that is normally 60% shorter or will need to pay 60% less than male abusers. It's a money thing really because if the women's right movement gets a funding over 1 billion a year and if it would be categorized as both male and female issue that funding would have to be split.

But as this Heard and Depp case shows there is still a long way to go here. Deep got the#metoo movement full force but I haven't seen many or anyone apologizing to him because the hatred he received.
Thanks. Next question would be if that report qualifies for severity of violence (common assault etc. vs incidents of GBH/rape/murder) and the motives (self-defense/revenge for violence vs primary aggression)?

Tbh, I can easily believe that IPV against men goes underreported, but at the same time I find it hard to believe that there's no gender side to it, as you claim. (And that this perception is just the result of lobbying by women's rights movements.)

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
You would be amazed it really isn't much difference. 43% of all cases in the US are Male victims, 1 in 3 women will get abused at home and 1 in 4 males. Given that there are two shelters that accept male victims from well over 2000 shelters, funding is over 65% state or federal you could say that it's really a Male stigma. At least it seems not socially acceptable that there are Male abuse victims.
That is a significant difference, and it's even more significant when you consider...

...the proportion of domestic violence that is a) particularly violent (including rape, murder) and b) consistently violent over a long period of time is significantly weighted towards male on female domestic abuse
...with evidence from multiple countries summarised here. Most victims of IPV don't need, or want, a shelter. The cases that do are disproportionately weighted towards women. Whether that's the sole cause of the difference is worth exploring but it's clearly the primary cause.

arthurka

Thanks. Next question would be if that report qualifies for severity of violence (common assault etc. vs incidents of GBH/rape/murder) and the motives (self-defense/revenge for violence vs primary aggression)?

Tbh, I can easily believe that IPV against men goes underreported, but at the same time I find it hard to believe that there's no gender side to it, as you claim. (And that this perception is just the result of lobbying by women's rights movements.)
Again it is a problem but not if gender. In no way am I saying that women aren't getting the majority of it. There is one in 5 women who will get raped Vs something like 1 in 71 male. But as we were discussing IPV and domestic violence regarding this case. And as the stats show IPV against men is fairly common and a problem like female IPV.

Over 2000 shelters with only two that men can use it shows how much of a stigma it truly is. Accepting it doesn't necessarily lessen the women issue. As a father of two young girls and a boy, husband to a wife who was sexually assaulted and a brother to a sister who was molested by her swimming instructor I can assure you my motives are for equality on this matter, I feel like my kids future depends on. Equality for all has to be the goal nothing more nothing less.

If you are interested here is the document.

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/11637

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

lsd

The Oracle
Libel case began today.

Yeah has even made Co vid take a back seat in the news . Will be interesting to see what eventually happens , going by most reports she was pretty much lying and basically ruined his career with it

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Heard should be sued for them rebooting the Pirates franchise too if Johnny isn't coming back as well. That's probably the biggest scandal through this whole thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
She took a shit in their bed "as a prank". She took an actual shit. Curled one out right on to the bed. A shit. On the bed.

feck me.

FireballXL5

She sounds a complete mentalist, and to stand out as batshit crazy amongst all the other Hollywood twats takes some doing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can anyone summarize the events of this? Did Depp actually do anything wrong or is that she's just a psycho?

MadMike

Amber Turd was trending and on Twitter couple of days ago.... and I think that was beautiful.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This remake of Sid and Nancy is as tired as a strip club band.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I wonder who will play them in the movie

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can anyone summarize the events of this? Did Depp actually do anything wrong or is that she's just a psycho?
I don't think he did anything that would warrant getting beaten up and then his career destroyed. There's also no real way of knowing if each of their mental states were adversely affected by the actions of one another, and they were stuck in this endless cycle of abuse.

Depp is a drug addled and alcoholic mess. He's self destructive and an absolute liability to himself, telling Heard that he wants to cut himself to make the pain go away. He also throws furniture around trying to trash the place during his manic states.

However, for as much of a mess as Depp is, Heard is a narcissist and an utter nutcase who beats him, cuts his finger off, and calls him a wimp for having a problem with her being violent towards him. She then - allegedly and to this point there's no evidence to the contrary - lies about being assaulted by Depp and gets him practically blacklisted from Hollywood. The same time she's becoming the face of the MeToo movement her lawyers are trying to dig up any dirt they can from his exes, but struggle since none of them have nothing but support for him.

So; Depp is a psycho, Heard is a psycho. They both need help.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't think he did anything that would warrant getting beaten up and then his career destroyed. There's also no real way of knowing if each of their mental states were adversely affected by the actions of one another, and they were stuck in this endless cycle of abuse.

Depp is a drug addled and alcoholic mess. He's self destructive and an absolute liability to himself, telling Heard that he wants to cut himself to make the pain go away. He also throws furniture around trying to trash the place during his manic states.

However, for as much of a mess as Depp is, Heard is a narcissist and an utter nutcase who beats him, cuts his finger off, and calls him a wimp for having a problem with her being violent towards him. She then - allegedly and to this point there's no evidence to the contrary - lies about being assaulted by Depp and gets him practically blacklisted from Hollywood. The same time she's becoming the face of the MeToo movement her lawyers are trying to dig up any dirt they can from his exes, but struggle since none of them have nothing but support for him.

So; Depp is a psycho, Heard is a psycho. They both need help.
and the TLDR is
Depp is a psycho, Heard is a psycho who shits in the bed

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
She took a shit in their bed "as a prank". She took an actual shit. Curled one out right on to the bed. A shit. On the bed.

feck me.
TBF he took a shit in her handbag first.

No idea where he got that advice.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
As someone with manic depression I feel quite proud that I have never had the urge to shit in a bed for a joke and my sense of normality is restored. What an absolute weirdo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Maybe its one of those cute quirky and goofy inside relationship pranks.
Y'know, like hiding eachothers phone,burning eachothers other personal belongings,shitting on eachothers cupboards/bags/briefcases/bed/family pet etc.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My missus has this cute way of shitting on my dreams so I guess it's similar.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sounds like they got into an abusive cycle with each other.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The tapes where Amber Heard admitted to beating Depp and throwing things at him seem all but forgotten, not to mention she had previously been arrested for domestic violence.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The tapes where Amber Heard admitted to beating Depp and throwing things at him seem all but forgotten, not to mention she had previously been arrested for domestic violence.
I’m sure it’ll be brought up in due course. There’s still quite a bit left of the trial ain’t there?