Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Or, I'm the only one who has the balls to say it.:) But seriously, if you think about what a Mourinho type player is, Mata would be the complete opposite of that. He was obviously not gonna say, "I hate Mata" but everyone new he was gone if Mourinho came in.

Really? (BIB)

Either you are completely missing the point, or you don't understand the actual implication of the word 'hate'

Janson

Really? (BIB)

Either you are completely missing the point, or you don't understand the actual implication of the word 'hate'
You have to look at the context though. The word hate is thrown around casually all the time. It doesn't have to imply intense dislike or extreme hostility towards someone. I thought that was pretty obvious.

If I say, I hate brunettes, it obviously means, I don't prefer brunettes.

So when I say, I hate Mata, it obviously means, I don't prefer players who have a physiqe of a 14 year old.:)

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
You have to look at the context though. The word hate is thrown around casually all the time. It doesn't have to imply intense dislike or extreme hostility towards someone. I thought that was pretty obvious.

If I say, I hate brunettes, it obviously means, I don't prefer brunettes.

So when I say, I hate Mata, it obviously means, I don't prefer players who have a physiqe of a 14 year old.:)
Tbf, I did assume you were using the word casually. But you shouldn't...especially not about Juan Mata who is an adorable little chucky egg, and a fantastic ambassador for this club :D

Janson

There's a difference between rating and hating...a huge difference. He was one of our best players last season.
He was good, and I've learned to appreciate him lately, but I still think he's very dispensable.

Janson

Tbf, I did assume you were using the word casually. But you shouldn't...especially not about Juan Mata who is an adorable little chucky egg, and a fantastic ambassador for this club :D
I don't hate him as much anymore, which is progress.:)

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Or, I'm the only one who has the balls to say it.:) But seriously, if you think about what a Mourinho type player is, Mata would be the complete opposite of that. He was obviously not gonna say, "I hate Mata" but everyone new he was gone if Mourinho came in.
A Mourinho type player is very simply a player who follows his instructions. Mata does exactly that which is why he plays.

Andy_Cole

He reminds me so much of Paul Scholes. What’s that saying about Scholes’ bottom level? Think it goes with Mata too. Barely has a bad game. Perhaps sometimes invisible, but never a bad game.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

There was an pretty big gasp and applause from the crowd when he did that. Lovely stuff.

keener

Mata is an interesting player. I've always liked him. Hated playing against him when he was at Chelski as he was always that little bit of magic creativity that can turn a game. He/we've created a unique position for him as an inside attacking midfielder which requires Valencia to offer support on the outside. His touch is one of the best in the game. He's brave and will try a pass. I love when he takes a long ball and settles it one touch. He's very efficient with the ball and has tremedous awareness which always drove me to want him to play in the role that Mkhitaryan is currently playing. I still think he'd do well there and we might be a bit better if the 2 switched places.... but maybe not much different since he's coming inside so much as it is. If we added speed to the outside like lingard or Martial, then he'd be my choice instead of Henrik atm.

He does have such a small physical stature that I can understand the negatives on the defensive side of the ball..... so we just have to keep the ball and stay in attack! I love the guy and find myself hoping for his inclusion in the starting 11 every game.

clarkydaz

There was an pretty big gasp and applause from the crowd when he did that. Lovely stuff.
thing is this doesn't show how high the ball was. after the game heading home I wasn't bothered about seeing the goals, I wanted to see this and the Martial nutmeg :D

carlosp

He's done that numerous times this and last year. I remember once this season on the right where he caught the ball from deep and just stopped it. Last season I remember at least twice. It really is nice.

He needs to be scoring this season but it's not a train smash as Lukaku, Rashford and Martial are scoring/assisting regularly. He does open up play though as people do know that he can score so this season the teams gameplay is much better than last.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice finish for his goal. When Ibrahimovic is fit I do think he might be the one to make way, or perhaps he will be rotated with Mkhitaryan.

Brightonian

Still not quite as good as this one.

I think it actually might be, but the daft sod went and faced the wrong way so we can't see how dead he kills it.

Anyway, imma just use this as an excuse to post this 'feck you' to physics while we're at it:

el3mel

I think it actually might be, but the daft sod went and faced the wrong way so we can't see how dead he kills it.

Anyway, imma just use this as an excuse to post this 'feck you' to physics while we're at it:

Was that the famous Moyes Fulham game ? :D

Brightonian

Was that the famous Moyes Fulham game ? :D
I don't know to be honest. That tiny clip has erased everything else from my memory. Sometimes when I try and remember my childhood all I can see is the delicate trail his toe traces in the wet grass...

el3mel

I don't know to be honest. That tiny clip has erased everything else from my memory. Sometimes when I try and remember my childhood all I can see is the delicate trail his toe traces in the wet grass...
Yeah I noticed. How he didn't fill defies all physics rules we studied. :lol: But then I looked at the result and it brought me some painful memories. :D

Pace Abuser

Who remembers the "free kick" he gave himself in the box with his first touch?

Bobski

That just makes me angry, know if I tried that they would probably have to amputate the lower leg. Nearly snapped my right ankle last week blocking a shot.

RonW

What does everyone think of Mata? Doesn't his contract expire this season? I think he has a one year additional deal if we choose to activate it. I hope he doesn't leave.

haram

What does everyone think of Mata? Doesn't his contract expire this season? I think he has a one year additional deal if we choose to activate it. I hope he doesn't leave.
I think he has played quite well without being in the headlines. Keep playing him, activate the extension.

Brightonian

He'll sign with minimal fuss. He no doubt has an agent who will play a little bit of brinkmanship but Mata isn't the sort to muck about for too long. And he's got more than enough good sense to see that staying is best for him - he seems very happy and settled here, he's not good enough to go to one of the CL contenders and get the sort of minutes he'll want at his age, but he is good enough that he knows he'll continue to get plenty of football for us one way or another - winning Mourinho over has proven that once and for all. Also he must feel that having come to us and endured a couple of disappointing seasons for the club, the good times are now on their way back.

prtk0811

Want him to be included in the Liv game in the starting line up. A central role with Herrera and matic might suit him in the game where he gets on the ball and spray passes and circulates it better wile mkh can shift to right. Alternatively can swap places with Mkh according to the game in a fluid role

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Could really use him on the field - everyone looks so nervous.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Games like this make it obvious what he brings to us.

decorativeed

What did he do to not get a chance today? Surely would have made a positive difference in the second half, probably should have replaced Mkhitaryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.