5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Problem with Mata although we all know he is a great player this is what happens and it’s effectivly wash and repeat. Gets his opportunity of a run of games, doesn’t make an impact and solidify that spot as his, people start saying we need to try something else, we try something else for a few games, then people start calling for Mata, he makes a little cameo and looks like he should never have been dropped only for the cycle to begin again.

There is no doubt that he is probably in the top 3 players in our squad in technical ability and Just being good at football. However he never seems to nail down his position and often in games looks like a passenger. It’s damn annoying because like I said we all know he’s a player we just don’t seem to be able to coax it out of him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Problem with Mata although we all know he is a great player this is what happens and it’s effectivly wash and repeat. Gets his opportunity of a run of games, doesn’t make an impact and solidify that spot as his, people start saying we need to try something else, we try something else for a few games, then people start calling for Mata, he makes a little cameo and looks like he should never have been dropped only for the cycle to begin again.

There is no doubt that he is probably in the top 3 players in our squad in technical ability and Just being good at football. However he never seems to nail down his position and often in games looks like a passenger. It’s damn annoying because like I said we all know he’s a player we just don’t seem to be able to coax it out of him.

Maybe we should try play him as winger? Like he did for Valencia earlier in his career. He was very good there, despite being as slow as a snail.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Pogba isn't available he should play, simple as that. He's the only other midfielder that is courageous enough to take responsibility to get on the ball in the final third.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Having seen the Lukaku chance again, I actually think Mata had the easier of two and probably should have scored.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck it lets put him in a midfield three with Pogba just so we can have more control in the game while maintaining creativity.

Matic
Mata Pogba

Why not give it a try.
This. Get players who are quality on the ball and can keep it and create together and get them playing a way that can dominate as we should against most opponents.

Hamadovich86

Only player in the squad tonight that can actually make some magic happen. Very good on the ball, good movement but he hasnt got any pace left im afraid.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
From the highlights he looked like the only player likely to do something with the ball at his feet?

Kostur

海尔的老板
From the highlights he looked like the only player likely to do something with the ball at his feet?
Which is absolutely true. He's incredibly underrated here purely based on the lack of pace. The only player in our squad right now that comes close to his technique is Pogba though, the rest are light years behind really.

Mata despite his shortcomings is also one of the players who knows how to start a counter attack or even continue with it with the rightly timed pass, something most of this squad cannot do. Nevermind the ridiculous workrate of his and actually making those runs behind.

He was quite easily our best attacker yesterday, would be running for MOTM too wasn't it for Jones' great game.

Ashley R1+O

He's been less than effective this season and his lack of pace definitely shows in this system with Lukaku up front. But he buzzes around and gets into very intelligent positions when we're in an attacking transition and his assist was excellent, veteran performance.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Which is absolutely true. He's incredibly underrated here purely based on the lack of pace. The only player in our squad right now that comes close to his technique is Pogba though, the rest are light years behind really.

Mata despite his shortcomings is also one of the players who knows how to start a counter attack or even continue with it with the rightly timed pass, something most of this squad cannot do. Nevermind the ridiculous workrate of his and actually making those runs behind.

He was quite easily our best attacker yesterday, would be running for MOTM too wasn't it for Jones' great game.
I dont agree, i think this post almost sums it up:

Good on the ball but christ hes slow, even more so this season. The way Bournemouth players just ran past him like he wasn't even there.

Dobbs

Always been a fan BUT it is difficult to think of another player as slow and weak as he is. At this level anyway. I'd still probably have him in the No.10 spot but I can understand using the alternatives should the game demand it.

Charlie Foley

Adding some really nice assists the last few weeks. His ball to Martial against city was a rare moment of quality and creativity for us too.

Physical limitations are obvious but with pogba missing especially his skill set is unique and important enough that it's worth setting up players around him to carry that

MadMike

Chances are he’s leaving us on a free.
I fecking hope not. Leaving aside the fact he's a top bloke and best mates with the Spanish crew for a second, the reality is we'd struggle to find a player of his quality as a squad player. He never complains about game time and he's a very composed player in every game he plays. Might not be as effective in the final 3rd as he used to be 3-4 years ago, but his overall contribution is still very good and he offers much more than other players in the squad.

He deserves a contract extension in my eyes.

Eli Zee

If he had more pace he’d be amazing... I think that’s the biggest thing that prevents him from being really, really good. Everything about him is good except his physical aspects which hold him back somewhat

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Genius finish. Typifies Mata. He's got his flaws, but what a brain he has in that huge head.

Henry Gaervell

Possibly the motm so far. Lovely finish, playing some nice passes and has won the ball a lot.

Far better than mkyi on current form. Think I still would like a new attacking mid for Xmas though - we need consistent performances

MS4

He looks like he cares. Like that. Fighting for the team

acnumber9

He gives us the variety we need and don’t get when we play Martial, Rashford and Lukaku. Not every player needs to be an athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.