5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Peril

Very happy for Mata today, but I guess he’s feeling like crap like everyone else as Lingard and Rashford failed to add to the tally. The free-kick was actually not that well-placed, but we can count our luck that Schmeichel did everything wrong.

I also loved that touch on the right side of the box and taking down a long ball/beating a player, that was something you only learn in Spain.

Jaybomb

We've a game in two days against on the leagues strongest defences. We could easily have been five one up. The draw is on the players in this this case.
I’m a Mourinho fan. I’ve wanted him at United for years. Even before Ferguson retired, I wanted him to be the successor so I won’t criticise him much.

But I just can’t stand the way he invites pressure in the last few minutes.

SER19

I’m a Mourinho fan. I’ve wanted him at United for years. Even before Ferguson retired, I wanted him to be the successor so I won’t criticise him much.

But I just can’t stand the way he invites pressure in the last few minutes.
Id agree with what you're saying a lot of the time. In some cases though the other team will just force a spell especially home team one goal down. Honestly think this is all on the players missing those chances, never mind some of the possession lost

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Two super goals. Rest of his performance was ordinary.
Ordinary for him which is usually better than 9 other team mates. Mata basically never plays worse than a 7. His fundamentals are on point, he's always moving and trying to find space for others and he always works hard defensively. People are generally annoyed with him when he doesn't single-handedly change games like today without recognizing what he does on the pitch the whole time he's there.

Since his time here a rule of thumb has been that the attacking football is better with him on the pitch than without him. Should easily start ahead of Rashford, Lingard or Mkhitaryan (not to mention Fellaini) as a 10 or even on the right.

Reiver

Last night reminded me of the player he can be. Where's this Mata been? Hope he can bring that level of performance consistently now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's performances of him and our team what makes me feel that he should definitely stay beyond nearly every player. Even on his worst days he gives atleast a 4/10 and that I'd say has happened just twice this season- Huddersfield and Brighton. In every other game he gives atleast a 6/10-7/10.
Compare this with our team and while the other guys can play more flashy football, they very often give 3/10 performances as well

AshRK

This may very well be his last season but I would like to thank Mata for being there during our toughest periods in last 2 decades. Will always remember him positively.

PepsiCola

He was good.

Picked up good pockets at the end but was being ignored constantly for long balls to Lukaku.

marktan

The most predictable player ever. Gets the ball, passes it onto whoever's on the wing, runs in to the centre. I've probably witnessed him do that a couple of hundred times and is partially why we resort to crossing it all the time.

anant

He was pretty good. The only player who was doing the basics right and not trying fancy stuff when all we needed to do was play simple football

mewnew11

The most predictable player ever. Gets the ball, passes it onto whoever's on the wing, runs in to the centre. I've probably witnessed him do that a couple of hundred times and is partially why we resort to crossing it all the time.
Its so frustrating. Gets the ball passes side and runs.

Then the mindless crossing, Arrgh. Need an upgrade this summer. not good enough

Devil may care

Our best attacker today until Lingard came on, some lovely touches and movement, but there was very little going on around or in front of him for him to work with.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
His first touch is incredible. Has composure that we could have used against City a few weeks back. Good game, moved all over the pitch and troubled Burnley.

reddevil702

Mata is effective due to his off the ball movement and composure on the ball. He's not the type of player that will go 1v1. His movement opens up space for others, should be starting every game until we have better options on the right side.

Canagel

Mata is the only player who doesn't lose his composure and keeps his head when we are trying to get back into games. Even Pogba loses his cool sometimes. I saw him making so many runs and raising his arm for a ball to be played yet it was just going sideways and back. Very dissapointing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Again, he is not the issue here. Even if he is not good enough at times players like him and Pogba (who also has not been good enough) are part of the solution and not the problem.

Devil may care

If Jose is telling the truth in his latest interview we need to give Mata a 3 year extension IMO, him, Lingard and Rashford will be important for depth.

freeurmind

weak willed
Can we try Mata in central midfield? I like the sound of a midfield 3 of Mata, Pogba and Matic with Lingard and Martial supporting Lukaku.

anant

Easily among our best players this half. Lukaku should have scored from his cross and the counter attack that his ball started was magnificent

acnumber9

We definitely need more Mata in the second half. He’s been comfortably our best player.

gavdim2002

Mata has got a good brain on him and he uses it for playing football unlike most of his teammates, sadly.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's doing well. Wish some more of our players would show some of his desire today.

Status
Not open for further replies.