5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

daizi88

Needs to leave the club...enough of this “he is nice crap””. Hope sanchez means less of this weakling

AshRK

I don't know why he is so hesitant in passing the ball forward. It's like he has no clue how to do that.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A bang average performance. Didn't settle into the game, was losing his footing too often. The only positive from his game today has to be his defensive contribution

Kostov

Why did he even start after the game against Stoke? As a reward because he missed two very good chances? Pathetic from Jose letting him stay on until 70 minutes passed.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He was terrible today but stop playing him on the right give him the number 10 role he’s light years ahead of any other option we currently have there.

RedStarUnited

He was terrible today but stop playing him on the right give him the number 10 role he’s light years ahead of any other option we currently have there.
He is not light years ahead of anyone at number 10 and this myth needs to stop. Mata kills so many counter attacks and has minimal creativity.

The quicker Sanchez comes the better.

el3mel

Sorry but he's too slow and predictable to play as our number 10. This isn't Mata of Chelsea.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Sorry but he's too slow and predictable to play as our number 10. This isn't Mata of Chelsea.
I disagree, the other players that have been forced to play on the right have done far worse than mata (which is why he is playing there). When was the last decent run he had as a number 10?

Seven Seas Sardines

I can't even understand the people who want him as a squad option. Offers absolutely nothing, I'd much prefer giving the back-up role to a promising youngster. Sign De Gea up on a 10-year-contract ASAP, so we can get rid when his tres amigos feelings don't matter. Let's hope Sanchez can become a good mate of his since his actual ones are not up to the task anymore.

el3mel

I disagree, the other players that have been forced to play on the right have done far worse than mata (which is why he is playing there). When was the last decent run he had as a number 10?
He shouldn't get a run at a number 10, because in his current state it's a waste of time.

I have to accept this isn't Mata of Chelsea. We need a fast number 10 that transforms the ball fast from back to front. Mata is too slow, keeps recycling the ball between players but most of times he does nothing significance with it. His position is far from the problem, he's just declining.

A squad option at best.

anant

He is not light years ahead of anyone at number 10 and this myth needs to stop. Mata kills so many counter attacks and has minimal creativity.

The quicker Sanchez comes the better.
I'm sorry but we said exactly the same thing 2 yeas ago when we were about to sign Mkhi. Juan just doesn't fit the side, he is slow, weak, too nice, bla bla. He did manage to carve himself a nice niche for himself under the manager who didn;t fancy him last time around. If Jose didn't like him or his style of play, he would have been off. Instead, he has, one the most appearances by any attacker in the last 2 seasons

automaticflare

Terrible today :(

I like mata but when we are playing poor and up against physically tough team he is poor. He seems like his touch even is not quite what it used to be and second guessing himself a lot.
Couple of times he has come infield to get in the play and lost the ball leading to counter attacks.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's been a while but opinion starting to change on Mata. Been a 6/10 player for 2.5 seasons.

Handy enough player to have in the squad but not good enough to be a regular starter.

RedStarUnited

I'm sorry but we said exactly the same thing 2 yeas ago when we were about to sign Mkhi. Juan just doesn't fit the side, he is slow, weak, too nice, bla bla. He did manage to carve himself a nice niche for himself under the manager who didn;t fancy him last time around. If Jose didn't like him or his style of play, he would have been off. Instead, he has, one the most appearances by any attacker in the last 2 seasons
The fact that Miki managed t play worse than Mata is on Mikhi. I am pretty sure Sanchez is coming to take his place.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Mata loves a sideways pass, and a turn into traffic which kills a counter attack.

Canagel

Mata doesn't do enough unfortunately. Another thing I really hate is when he passes the ball out to Valencia and then runs quickly into the box. It makes everything congested and then we have to pass it to Young on the other side and get him to cross. Notice the difference between Young and Valencia when we're attacking. Valencia has to be more restrained and that's because Mata keeps drifting inside and making the middle congested. Sanchez will take his place straight away.

anant

It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it!
-Mata fans
Actually, in a way it is. Keeps the game simple. Doesn't do those flicks and tricks and 9 games out of 10, his overall game is a fantastic watch- great movement, great touch and rarely loses the ball. Today, it wasn't.
Just for the sake of it, look at Pogba's game today. Those flicks and tricks are not effective against a side like Burnley, and he more often than not loses his cool. With Mata, he is playing to the basics and keeps his composure, so while you won't get an outside of the foot, aerial through lob, what you would get is a player finding spaces for him and just keeping the ball moving

manunited1919

It’s not as if Mata was the only one struggling today. I didn’t see much from Lingard or Pogba. Even Matic was poor. Our whole setup was poor because Pogba was too deep most of the time, and was a liability due to lack of deep support.

marlowe78

He needs to be sold immediately, I don't care how harsh it sounds. Fellaini came into the game, with vastly lesser skill, and was 10 times more effective than him.

My favorite moment was when Pogba played an excellent ball down the right - one of the best passes he made today - and Mata couldn't get there fast enough to prevent the defender from taking it. I could bet that Lingard would've gotten there and been able to make a cut up the line.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
he run like 5 years-old baby.. too fecking slow. I really hope Sanchez arrives to the team fast.
There was that beautiful cross field ball that literally any other player in the league would have got to. One of the weakest and slowest players I’ve ever seen at the top level.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Worst Mata’s played since Huddersfield away. He’ll want to forget that.

Devil77

Actually, in a way it is. Keeps the game simple. Doesn't do those flicks and tricks and 9 games out of 10, his overall game is a fantastic watch- great movement, great touch and rarely loses the ball. Today, it wasn't.
Just for the sake of it, look at Pogba's game today. Those flicks and tricks are not effective against a side like Burnley, and he more often than not loses his cool. With Mata, he is playing to the basics and keeps his composure, so while you won't get an outside of the foot, aerial through lob, what you would get is a player finding spaces for him and just keeping the ball moving
Great post! I totally agree.

AndyJ1985

Thank feck he'll soon be replaced by Sanchez. He's a fine squad player to have but on the whole he just isn't good enough for the level we aspire to be at.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Played like a pussy. Really poor performance today. We don't have anyone better there though until Sanchez comes in.

Kapardin

He seems fairly happy to be a squad player and stay at the club, so I would have him around for one more season as back-up to Sanchez. But my word, is he over the hill or what. Was never a consistently brilliant player, but he used to score crucial goals and play some killer passes in tight games. He's completely lost what little he had going for him.

Rossa

My God he is slow. He’s industrious and works hard, but jeez; how can a professional athlete be that slow? And when his end product isn’t there, he just doesn’t contribute enough.

Suedesi

Spot on. He was average today, mind.

Andersons Dietician

Can’t say I really agree, and that 9 games out of 10 is a bit of a stretch. It’s normally like 3 games then back to poor. He has certainly lost something. People used to slag Carrick for slowing our game down or passing sideways but when he did it I could understand as there was no option other than a ridiculously risky attempt at a pass or lose possession so he’d move it just to create an angle. Mata, has developed this habit of going back on himself all the time and just passing it sideways when there are obvious and easy passes forward to be made that will open things up.
I’m all for just keeping the ball moving when it makes sense but he kills so many dangerous moves it’s like he is defending for the opposition. He needs to get some bravery back in his play, but even then some of these passes he is passing up on are simple ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.