5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRedDevil

To be fair, that’s far from a compelling case you put forward there!
Of course it is. Mata is a quality option for depth. Many teams would love to have a player like Mata on the bench. Sorry that every single player cannot be a megastar but its all about having a balanced squad.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course it is. Mata is a quality option for depth. Many teams would love to have a player like Mata on the bench. Sorry that every single player cannot be a megastar but its all about having a balanced squad.
Mata is a great squad option. Your post didn’t really sell him as a quality player is all I’m saying!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He managed to complete 10 of his 11 passes. That's a relief.
It's not amazing but it's clearly the rationale as to why he came on. Not sure why people are bothered, or even care that much. Would Rashford have changed this game? Really?

Also he planned to getting Rashers on before the Fellaini nonsense, so again, not sure why people are complaining. Mata was our least shit sub by far.

Classical Mechanic

It's not amazing but it's clearly the rationale as to why he came on. Not sure why people are bothered, or even care that much. Would Rashford have changed this game? Really?

Also he planned to getting Rashers on before the Fellaini nonsense, so again, not sure why people are complaining. Mata was our least shit sub by far.
I think Rashford would have been better. We lost the physical battle out there primarily. At least Rashford has the pace to close players down.

Jaybomb

Should have started. He’s never gonna change the game when we’re losing. Rashford should have came on also.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The decision to being Mata made no sense to me, to you, it appears that it did. Only Herrera had less touches than Mata by 1 and he was on the pitch 7 minutes less. (Fellani has less too, obviously).

Bringing Mata on was pointless.
Fellaini was the pointless one, our 3 subs in that game should have been Rashford (pace), Herrera (energy), Mata (not losing the ball)

Classical Mechanic

Fellaini was the pointless one, our 3 subs in that game should have been Rashford (pace), Herrera (energy), Mata (not losing the ball)
Disagree Fellani (long punt, chest technique) and the two you mentioned. Pogba shouldn't have gone off though. Once he went off we couldn't get a foot on the ball, regardless of how poor he was otherwise.

Sylar

I get the thinking behind bringing him on. The problem was we werent getting the ball to him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bringing him on in a game of that tempo made no sense.
Mata is the only player in our side apart from Crrick who can dictate tempo of the game. Not good at it - agreed but in our current squad, can't think of anyone else

Devil may care

Mata is the only player in our side apart from Crrick who can dictate tempo of the game. Not good at it - agreed but in our current squad, can't think of anyone else
The game was moving way too fast for him to get into it and it just bypassed him, hes not one to get his foot on the ball and seize control of a game that is getting away from the team, he's a solid recycler when we are playing well.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think we did the right thing bringing him on given the other options we had. Fellaini was priority (Did come on) then Rashford (Didn't come on) and then Mata.

haram

Right call to bring him back imo. We should have a lot of the ball.

Man Utd 2:0 Huddersfield

joleb

Nice touches so far - I like his movement. Also, it seems he's linking up well with Sanchez

mewnew11

Side pass , back pass , side pass , back pass .

Even when there is a counter attack with lukaku running forward he passes it backwards. Just a pussy who needs to be shows the door

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Side pass , back pass , side pass , back pass .

Even when there is a counter attack with lukaku running forward he passes it backwards. Just a pussy who needs to be shows the door
The counter was killed by Lukaku's pass which forced Mata to stop the run!

Darlington Padgett

Literally the most negative cowardly “attacking” midfield player in the league. There is not one AM starting in the PL who I wouldn’t swap for him.
He's playing really well and linking up with Sanchez. Jesse Lingard and Lukaku are the ones destroying our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.