5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowkey

I don't see Mata getting much play time this season. Where does he fit in the team?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I don't see Mata getting much play time this season. Where does he fit in the team?
I think he'll be a 10. Rotating with Miki, who might play wide a bit. Pogba will be deeper and we won't have Rooney or Zlatan coming deep for the ball so he'll have space to maneuver.

drmuji

If in case James comes in then I don't think he will be used at all. In case of Parisic it will be straight battle between Mkhi and him with Martial probably playing on the other wing.
But one thing is for sure, the guy would never fault in his commitment to United and his blog is the best thing that comes all season off the pitch these days
Hugs My Man Juan

Craig Ward

If we sign a DM and go 4-3-3 I really think Mata's game time will be limited.

If we play 4-2-3-1, there is a case for him to be a regular starter at 10 or wide right.

Mata and Lingard are the two most obvious victims if we sign any attacking players, think both are replaceable

Von Mistelroum

I think he'll be a 10. Rotating with Miki, who might play wide a bit. Pogba will be deeper and we won't have Rooney or Zlatan coming deep for the ball so he'll have space to maneuver.
Which essentially means that our starting RW player will be Lingard......

Pace Abuser

Its funny how most fans seem to have forgotten how excellent Mata was inter changing with Mikhi.
It was a shame Mata got injured and that partnership didn't fully thrive.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Which essentially means that our starting RW player will be Lingard......
I hope not. But as Pace Abuser said above, their parternship was good until Mata got injured. I'm going to trust Mourinho with this, but I think we'll see Mata and Mikhi playing a lot together.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Today his transfer fee is starting to look quite a good price. Last season was probably his best with us but I'm expecting to see a lot more from him. He really makes things tick in counter attacks with his almost flawless touch. He's also a good finisher. I don't see any problem for him playing together with Mhiki and Lukaku, who are much more direct and will want excellent playmakers around them. He's also pretty OK as a wide player.

ThanksBoss26

He'll get his fair share of games again and probably hit double figures as in each of his full seasons with us.

Good player to have around particularly in a side where goals have been a problem.

Thought last season was also comfortably his best with us.

Tiber

People have been saying this basically since he arrived and yet he is always an important goalscorer.

Hell, isnt he the top goal scorer in the entire squad?

Red_toad

People have been saying this basically since he arrived and yet he is always an important goalscorer.

Hell, isnt he the top goal scorer in the entire squad?
Our longest serving attacking player in the senior squad.

I don't see him being a certain starter, but he'll play a role next season.

Blind

He was excellent, great control, movement, passing, ideal role for him behind a striker with the pace and running of Rashford.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
42 appearances for us last year. Even if his time gets reduced he'll still likely feature in a lot of games.

Jaybomb

That chip he tried :drool::drool:

That's why I love watching him. He can do things like that out of nothing.

Hojoon

42 appearances for us last year. Even if his time gets reduced he'll still likely feature in a lot of games.
Yup, 42 games despite spending a decent portion of time off due to injury.

I'm a bit surprised there's not more speculation around his future because he's got one more year left on his contract.

itso 7

Of course he'll get game time, Lukaku aside, he's our best finisher at the club. I see more reason for him to play on the right than Mkhi.
This, he has a synergy with Valencia which allows us to play a lopsided 4-4-2 even when we are playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Off the ball he has improved massively and on it he is a second striker/attacking midfielder which helps with creativity and goal scoring. With Lukaku, who is more mobile than Zlatan/Rooney/Van Persie/Falcao who he's had as target men, there will be more room for the likes of Mata and Mkhi to operate in.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice finish, I'm glad his injury wasn't too serious.

Djemba-Djemba

Juan Mata doing what Juan Mata does.

We missed him last season when he got injured. He's always good for a goal.

the hea

Now I understand why you get so much wrong, your eyesight isnt very good, its why you think Mata is invisible, you simply cant see him
Please show me what he did today besides the goal. I'm glad if you you prove me wrong since Mata is a really likeable guy and I'd love to appreciate his performances more.

NoPace

I think he's still first choice RW when we play 4 at the back.

Akshay

Staff
Please show me what he did today besides the goal. I'm glad if you you prove me wrong since Mata is a really likeable guy and I'd love to appreciate his performances more.
I think he did struggle to get into the game today, partly because the second half team as a whole did. However, I don't think he's normally invisible during matches.

MeUnited

Wish he could get games at number 10. Still our best forward player.

Status
Not open for further replies.