Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't rate him as highly as some but I think he should be ahead of Mkhi as our RW who drifts in as a CAM. He's shown to have excellent link-up play with Valencia and Herrera down that side in the past.

MeUnited

I don't rate him as highly as some but I think he should be ahead of Mkhi as our RW who drifts in as a CAM. He's shown to have excellent link-up play with Valencia and Herrera down that side in the past.
Best finisher, best final pass, moves the ball the quickest, concedes possession the least of all our forward players. Only thing he lacks is pace for those that have hard-ons for the Walcott's of the world.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Best finisher, best final pass, moves the ball the quickest, concedes possession the least of all our forward players. Only thing he lacks is pace for those that have hard-ons for the Walcott's of the world.
His lack of pace isn't an issue for me. It's his reluctance to player killer passes and, when he does play said passes, he's not consistent with the weight of pass. He's a very safe passer of the ball in general for a 10. Plus, unlike the likes of Silva, Pastore and Isco who aren't the biggest of players themselves, he, like Mkhi, are very weak with the ball and cannot resist players who press.

I do think he should be trusted more, though. Has anyone in our squad (bar De Gea and Carrick) had a performance as good as his at Juanfield in such a big game? Probably Herrera with his performance at Juanfield last year, but that's probably it. That's the only time I've ever seen us not only play well at their ground, but completely dominate them, and he was a key reason as to why, though everyone, bar di Maria, played their part.

Minimalist

I think playing against teams sitting deep you flat out require a player like Mata on the pitch if you have one. He's been great.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mata>Mhkitaryan.

MeUnited

Mata>Mhkitaryan.
Yup. Unfortunately a lot of the fanbase get blinded by Mkhi being a big name signing last season, and forget that Mata was a big signing too at the time. Chelsea's POTY two seasons in a row. Such a great player, really is integral to any Man Utd team that wants to play good football until someone of similar quality is brought in.

saivet

Didn't notice the tackle from Valencia at the end. Quite clumsy.

IhabX7

He should have had a shot from that lovey pogba through ball. Been very good.

Mr.Plow

I find it funny that people always point to Lingard's movement when Mata's is far superior and he actually has the technical ability to match.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How often has he actually finished a game he started under Mou?

automaticflare

Uugggh I hate when they take him off for someone like fellaini completely dominating this game fellaini just stops the football.

Mata was brilliant today. He literally must have had a million touches. His movement is possibly the best we have on the team. You can see how much pogba and matic and mata are on same wavelength they all think players should move the same way it's brilliant to watch.

pacifictheme

I don't see how that's even a debate. Even back when Mikhi first signed and there were multiple threads on how he has everything Mata has and pace I was frustratingly arguing against that
I like them both in the team. Two very creative players on the pitch.

pacifictheme

As do I but I think Mata is better
Yeah i love mata. Glad we have them both.

I think miki has qualities mata doesn't, like his dtibbling at speed, but mata is clearly a more intelligent player, as he showed today.

kundalini

When West Ham were sitting deep, Mata's runs were our main threat until Rashford hurt them on the counter.

el3mel

He's a very good player in moving and rotating the ball in the midfield to open spaces for his other teammates. I'll also go on and and say he's a better at the role Jose wants from his RW ( to drift inside the midfield and rotate the play ) than Mikhi.

Mikhi as number 10 and Mata as a RW and let them play a lot together and we'll see a formidable combo between both.

shr89

Great work rate and technique , elevates our attacking play when he plays.
Even got a hug from Jose ,when he came off :)

Quizierda

Very happy he's still around. Has been one of our best outfield players since he joined a few seasons back. I will never understand why so many people bash him - I really love him as a player and the human he is off the pitch. Real role model!

Sylar

Its great to see him come central and look around and have 2 or 3 players with pace to work with. Think we will see the best of him with that too.
Think hes fantastic for a 4231 when we play at home.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
He was very good in the first half, and then fell away a bit in the second half.

Such a clever player.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Great movement. Clever player. A team player. A great player.

Jaybomb

He is class and needs to play every week. We're simply better with him in the side.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Todays side is basically what we need to see in the majority of games. Herrera comes in occasionally for tougher games but fights with matic for others. Martial and rashford fight out for left wing, but miki and mata together link up brilliantly and bring out the best in each other.

Devil may care

I thought he was decent, lovely first touch on the chance Pogba put him in for, shame he didn't take it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.