Jude Bellingham | Real Madrid player

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Fair enough but I don’t know if you can speak for all English players. If I were a lad as talented as Jude, from a purely sporting perspective I don’t think I’d choose any English club other than City over Madrid, unless I was a lifelong fan of one. Relatively less pressure (it’s immense still, but nothing tops the pressure that’s on a young English superstar playing for a top English team that payed 100m for him and if you’re not white it’s probably even worse), trophies more guaranteed, level of football as high, quality of life arguably much higher. For me he’s a smart lad for turning down Liverpool in decline and leaving England early has been an excellent choice for his development.
England is great a cruxifying their players, even more so if they play for rival clubs. He made the right choice.

Syphon Wallet

Hurts me everytime I see this guy play, or hear him mentioned.

The fact we showed him around Carrington and just didn't quite get it over the line for 25m
When will the pain stop?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You don’t? It’s the most acclaimed club in the world with a fantastic fanbase and a city nicer than any English one. I think majority of top English players would choose Real over Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool or us. Perhaps City comes close with guaranteed trophies, military grade dope, Pep and payments under the table, but otherwise you’d have to be a fool to go to Arsenal instead of Real if you were a player as talented as Jude.
Only City can compete with Real Madrid for a player in terms of the sport project for the top players. Just look at the teammates would you rather play in a midfield with Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni, or Bruno, Eriksen, Mount and Casemiro. It is an easy choice.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Same question was posed of Matthaus in his mid-20s. He ended up being so good it didn't matter that it wasn't his natural game to play-make from the middle.
Matthaus is more of a CDM though, much like someone like Zidane or Zico or even Kaka played CAM, I was going for more of the pure CM's.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
This point is pretty silly considering he plays for a club whose fans famously turn on a dime.
Different thing. The Real Madrid fans are the most demanding in the world, which is a good thing for anyone who wants to be the best. That is entirely different from the media in the UK building someone up and then trying to destroy them with lurid stories about personal shite.

michaelfernandes387

Only City can compete with Real Madrid for a player in terms of the sport project for the top players. Just look at the teammates would you rather play in a midfield with Camavinga, Valverde, Tchouameni, or Bruno, Eriksen, Mount and Casemiro. It is an easy choice.
EXACTLY

Care_de_Bobo

Different thing. The Real Madrid fans are the most demanding in the world, which is a good thing for anyone who wants to be the best. That is entirely different from the media in the UK building someone up and then trying to destroy them with lurid stories about personal shite.
The media in tbe UK really is terrible and now players have to deal with all the abuse on social media as well. I'm really surprised a lot more British footballers don't move abroad. I guess that unless they're pretty mature at a young age they probably don't see the advantages until they're locked into a long term contract with a PL club and are then priced out of moves.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
The media in tbe UK really is terrible and now players have to deal with all the abuse on social media as well. I'm really surprised a lot more British footballers don't move abroad. I guess that unless they're pretty mature at a young age they probably don't see the advantages until they're locked into a long term contract with a PL club and are then priced out of moves.
Yes, it's not an easy thing to do so I think most prefer to stay at home because they think it is the easier option. And of course England has a strong league and big clubs so people might not see the point. But I think there are many positives to making a move like that, not least escaping the media that seems obsessed with carrying out 'tall poppy' justice.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Maybe because other countries media is also terrible? You don’t have a monopoly on shitty media in the UK.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Was it unchallenged? Liverpool wanted him and he rejected City, United tried for him years ago and he rejected them.

Madrid really went hard for him in the last year and got Zidane to invite him to the Bernabeu and charm him.
United had Cantona & Fergie show him around the training ground. Can you get better than that? The reason he never went to United was, he was told he could ‘make the first team in a couple of years’. He was already ready United could’ve had him for £24 million!

I think he also went to Tottenham to view once Birmingham told him he was being sold.

And the crazy thing is, he cried when he was told he had to leave to straighten out the mismanagement. He did not want to go! He is a massive Birmingham City fan, who still attends the games when he can. At that point, he had already achieved his dreams.

I have been his biggest fan boy on here, but we are witnessing greatness. Ronaldo had his haters as a teen.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
United had Cantona & Fergie show him around the training ground. Can you get better than that? The reason he never went to United was, he was told he could ‘make the first team in a couple of years’. He was already ready United could’ve had him for £24 million!
Which goes to show that it's pretty useless having old legends showing players around that you are interested in.

Get the actual manager and let him tell the player "I want to sign you, I want to do this and that with you on the pitch, next season you'll start your first CL match if you decide to come to us". Which was essentially Dortmund's offer to him (and also wages according to that intented role, which was more than United was willing to offer.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Yes but he's English. We don't fantasise about Real Madrid the same way everyone else does.
England is an absolute shithole at the moment. A place of social unrest, political tension and a small minded view on almost everything.

Nobody is going to choose any club on this piss pot little confused island, over Real Madrid.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I did

Feck!
Don't worry. I'm sure none of the Scouts are from Scotland...

And before anyone says "Pidgy, you've made fun of Scotland on several occasions" It's always come from a place of love and affection for my country, or as I like to call it, the biggest shitstain on Earth.

Ocelot

England is an absolute shithole at the moment. A place of social unrest, political tension and a small minded view on almost everything.

Nobody is going to choose any club on this piss pot little confused island, over Real Madrid.
Come on. Spain is hardly a bastion of progressiveness based on the post-Women's World Cup debacle and the recent treatment of Vinicius Junior.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Which goes to show that it's pretty useless having old legends showing players around that you are interested in.

Get the actual manager and let him tell the player "I want to sign you, I want to do this and that with you on the pitch, next season you'll start your first CL match if you decide to come to us". Which was essentially Dortmund's offer to him (and also wages according to that intented role, which was more than United was willing to offer.
I would have a hard time to believe he will develop better than what he currently is now, if he decide to join Man Utd back then. He made the right move. He was available in the market back in the summer as well and in the end Real Madrid won his signature. So it is not other clubs didn't have the chance to sign him.

TheReligion

Abusive

I think he also went to Tottenham to view once Birmingham told him he was being sold.

And the crazy thing is, he cried when he was told he had to leave to straighten out the mismanagement. He did not want to go! He is a massive Birmingham City fan, who still attends the games when he can. At that point, he had already achieved his dreams.

I have been his biggest fan boy on here, but we are witnessing greatness. Ronaldo had his haters as a teen.
I’m sure he’d still be playing for Birmingham now if he could. God bless him.

TheReligion

Abusive
In terms of sports project of course you’d go to the team that just won the treble and have one of the best managers of all time.

United remain far ahead of the likes of Arsenal in terms of pull mind.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
In terms of sports project of course you’d go to the team that just won the treble and have one of the best managers of all time.

There are many factors, but as always other than the sport project, the financial package is a major factor.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Honestly, how have Chelsea, United, Liverpool, City and Arsenal allowed the best English midfield prospect go to Madrid unchallenged? It's not like they are reigning European champions either.
XD
It's Real Madrid ffs.

JogaBonitoRooney

How exactly is going to a team that has been winning the most, has the best players, manager and most money a "project"?

Never understood this thinking.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He reminds me of Mbappe in that I couldn’t quite understand the fuss about him but it’s becoming obvious that what sets him apart is his intelligence, reading of situations and overall mentality.

Still I think people need to calm down a tad. Yes he’s excellent but the hype has gone into overdrive.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Feels like of all big-money moves this Summer he is the most successful - tearing it up at Madrid. That makes a good story

Borninthe80ts

It’s been a while that I’ve been this impressed with a player I must admit. For all the talk of different types of midfielders and where he ranks most of its missing the point for me.
For one the variety of players makes it hard to compare, not necessarily attributes but because they have/ had different tactical roles, especially in highly organised teams.

What I like the most about him is that he takes a game by the scruff of the neck. You can see the confidence in him, almost arrogant. I can see how this might rub some the wrong way, especially teammates, but when your playing well, who can moan?
He almost has a free role in games now where he can impose himself on teams. I’m for not fixing him higher up the pitch. Seeing him stride forward into space is when he is at his best for me, and we will see him dominate games in the future for sure. Quality.

Needham

It's fecking scandalous how turtle-slow recent Utd has been on the uptake of obviously very good young talents. Maddisson IMO was worth a punt years ago. Instead, wait till they cost 100 mill and want to start a clothes line.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
He reminds me of Mbappe in that I couldn’t quite understand the fuss about him but it’s becoming obvious that what sets him apart is his intelligence, reading of situations and overall mentality.

Still I think people need to calm down a tad. Yes he’s excellent but the hype has gone into overdrive.
Was the World Cup final that did it for me regarding Mbappe. Took the game by the scruff.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

There's always so much weird projection when it comes to stuff like this. He'll be living in a compound, hanging our with other hyper rich people, sending his kids to private school and flying on private jets. He'll have a cook, home gym, personal trainer, yada yada, wherever he goes.

As if someone with as much money as Bellingham will be affected by any of the issues that makes you or I feel certain ways about England. I'm sure he's not bothered by Spain's 27% youth unemployment either, nor their refusal to countenance a legal referendum on Catalan independence or bullfighting.

Read Madrid as a club is a clear choice over any English club.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
There's always so much weird projection when it comes to stuff like this. He'll be living in a compound, hanging our with other hyper rich people, sending his kids to private school and flying on private jets. He'll have a cook, home gym, personal trainer, yada yada, wherever he goes.

As if someone with as much money as Bellingham will be affected by any of the issues that makes you or I feel certain ways about England. I'm sure he's not bothered by Spain's 27% youth unemployment either, nor their refusal to countenance a legal referendum on Catalan independence or bullfighting.

Read Madrid as a club is a clear choice over any English club.
Yeah I mean you can live a pretty good life in the UK if you're on anything north of 60k. Or at least you'd be shielded from a lot of shittiness for the most part. 300k a week is incomparable. It's a bubble world at that point.

@UnrelatedPsuedo isn't necessarily wrong though for saying that with respect to the rest of us plebs.

Taribo's Gap

What I like the most about him is that he takes a game by the scruff of the neck. You can see the confidence in him, almost arrogant. I can see how this might rub some the wrong way, especially teammates, but when your playing well, who can moan?
Wait until next year. After everything that he has done in the game, the underestimating of Mbappe continues...

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
United had Cantona & Fergie show him around the training ground. Can you get better than that?
Yes. How about be shown round by a great current manager and a wise coach , rather than the manager who retired 7 years previous and a cult hero?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wait until next year. After everything that he has done in the game, the underestimating of Mbappe continues...
How exactly is Mbappe underestimated? Most people think of him as the best player in the world. In this time, it is almost Impossible to be underrated if you score lots of goals

Skills

Snitch
Hurts me everytime I see this guy play, or hear him mentioned.

The fact we showed him around Carrington and just didn't quite get it over the line for 25m
When will the pain stop?
There's no way he ends up being anywhere near as good had he ended up here

colombianmancunian

I must admit, I underestimated Bellingham, thought of him as someone good but nothing special. He has closed my mouth with his amazing performances, truly a generational talent. When Madrid get either Majin Boo or Donatello, they will be scary and go on a CL winning spree.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
How exactly is Mbappe underestimated? Most people think of him as the best player in the world. In this time, it is almost Impossible to be underrated if you score lots of goals
Immobile?

Taribo's Gap

Sorry that was unclear. I was referring to the underestimating of Mbappe's capacity for moaning, not his skill as a player.