Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

donkeyfish

Firminho with 85 sprints today, consistently 10-15 more than the top sprinter in other games. Must be a nightmare playing against him.

Lallana with 82 as well, which would've put him as the highest sprinter in any other game this weekend.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Firminho with 85 sprints today, consistently 10-15 more than the top sprinter in other games. Must be a nightmare playing against him.

Lallana with 82 as well, which would've put him as the highest sprinter in any other game this weekend.
Firmino is unique as a player. Like a bucktoothed blend of Bergkamp and Dirk Kuyt. I don't see anyone playing the centre forward role the way he is.

I can understand why Coutinho is looking up more this season. The players around him are generally Milner, Lallana and Firmino - Don't think anyone is making more or better runs off the ball in their positions than those three are.

RedMouse

Supports
Liverpool
Can we not all be grown ups.

It is what it is. Currently Liverpool are the best team in England (given Barcelonas on and off stuff maybe the best team in the world)

Currently United are pedestrian and frankly soul destroying to watch (I'd get slapped by my brother for admitting this but I've gone past taking the piss. I wish you could play some good stuff)

But...that's today

Come January things could be completely different. I expect you will sort your shit out and it wouldn't surprise me if we wobbled with an injury or whatever

It's a long season

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I don't know what takeaway Liverpool fans have from that 2013/14 season, even though it's common to laugh at Gerrard slip and say it's him who cost them the title I seem to remember them conceding over 50 goals which ultimately lead to a meltdown in 2nd half v Palace. This season they have scored 30 goals in 11 games but also let in 14 with only 1 CS which came v us. It'll eventually become a problem. Leicester dug out so many narrow wins towards the business end of last season as teams are fighting for survival or a place in Europe, having a resolute defence will be key in those games when octane football doesn't work.

That said it'd extremely foolish to say that their title chances are none just because Chelsea and City are also contenders, it's all about the momentum. Last season should've taught you that when Leicester rode on that all the way to the summit.

AshfordLad

Can we not all be grown ups.

It is what it is. Currently Liverpool are the best team in England (given Barcelonas on and off stuff maybe the best team in the world)
:lol:

Well grown up to the point of senescence.

donkeyfish

Firmino is unique as a player. Like a bucktoothed blend of Bergkamp and Dirk Kuyt. I don't see anyone playing the centre forward role the way he is.

I can understand why Coutinho is looking up more this season. The players around him are generally Milner, Lallana and Firmino - Don't think anyone is making more or better runs off the ball in their positions than those three are.
I very much agree with this. For sure they play Coutinho good. It is a wonderful combination to have a technically gifted attacking player surrounded by runners. I don't watch every Pool game, but I have the impression that neither Lallana nor Firminho "waste" that many runs either. They are incisive and well-timed.

No wonder we dropped deep to avoid problems when we played at Anfield.

Kush

Also, I'm curious to hear our resident Scouser thoughts on Chelsea chances? The manager and lots of players are already experienced in winning the league. They have a resolute defence which keeps lots of clean sheets. A proven 30 goal a season center forward in Diego Costa. One of league's best player in Eden Hazard. They have even same advantage as Liverpool have got with no European distractions, IMO they have an equal chance if not more than City.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Also, I'm curious to hear our resident Scouser thoughts on Chelsea chances? The manager and lots of players are already experienced in winning the league. They have a resolute defence which keeps lots of clean sheets. A proven 30 goal a season center forward in Diego Costa. One of league's best player in Eden Hazard. They have even same advantage as Liverpool have got with no European distractions, IMO they have an equal chance if not more than City.
Looks like they will be right up there, must admit after Arsenal and us beat them I wasn't so sure - but Conte has made his tactical changes and they look more solid and have top class players and an excellent spine to the team.

devil in me

Had a worry at the start of the season that this coukd finally be liverpools year. That worry is getting bigger with each week.. I am encouraged by the state of the defence but the fact that they look like they can score 4 or 5 each time they play kind of wipes that out. Theyre much better than city, imo. And you have to count Arsenal out because theyre Arsenal. Chelsea v Liverpool for me. The worst possible scenario!

Champagne Football

One would have to think Klopp is the best manager in the PL right now. Followed closely by Conte. We missed a trick not going in for Sadio Mane but hopefully Mkhitaryan comes good but right now Jose seems to have practically written him off already. Jose is slowly getting it together though

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
They have been defensively alright since the first couple of games. Their bad defense is a bit of a myth.

For example they are nowhere near as poor defensively as they were in Brendan's best season. And they nearly won it then too.
It is not a myth at all. I have seen enough of them this season and there is definitely a question mark over the ability of their defense to grind out a win. Just like we saw in their last title challenge, just one defensive mistake pretty much ended their challenge.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Don't believe Conte has won the PL and Costa has only scored at most 21 in his first year at a Chelsea.

Sounds as though you're clasping at straws a bit to have a go at pool fans.

I'm sure most would say Chelsea have a slightly more rounded squad in terms of top class talent and experience.

Anduin

Liverpool will win the league this season. Klopp is a fantastic manager and they have already very much adapted to his style and methods. As much as it pains me they are incredible to watch at the moment, and knowing Klopp after having followed his career closely from when he started back at Mainz, I can see them keeping the pace easily without European football.
In hindsight it would've been better (as a Man United supporter) if Liverpool won the League Cup and would be in the Europa League, they sure as hell would have more problems keeping the pace that high. Unlike in 2014, I think they will do go all the way this season, as Klopp, unlike Rodgers, knows how to win a marathon.

izec

fecking Klopp is causing nightmares. If only they would be in the EL, i would agree that they couldnt keep this up. But now they are fresh and their key players dont have any injuries.

RedMouse

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Well grown up to the point of senescence.
Firstly...laghing smilies..clearly your under 16 so I'll let that go

At this moment right now..tell me which team is playing better more entertaining football than Liverpool.

I understand if you don't get back too me because i imagine your parents limit your internet access. I certainly do with my daughter

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Bar something catastrophic in terms of injuries they will make the top 4. Their attack just clicks too well for that to not be the case, especially given their diminished workload. Title race this seasons is going to be a fairly open as well it seems, Liverpool's performances in the big games means they won't be scared of anyone.
Always liked Klopp as a manager and was hopeful that he had shown his best at Dortmund and was gonna be a failure at Pool. Unfortunately, that was not to be, I still don't rate either their first 11 or squad too well compared to other top sides in the league but Klopp has them playing some of his best heavy metal football.

Kush

Don't believe Conte has won the PL and Costa has only scored at most 21 in his first year at a Chelsea.

Sounds as though you're clasping at straws a bit to have a go at pool fans.

I'm sure most would say Chelsea have a slightly more rounded squad in terms of top class talent and experience.
First and foremost I was not having a go at them, look at my previous post where I said it'd be foolish to write them off.

Second, where did I say Conte has won the Premier League? I was referring to the work he did at Juventus who were becoming a laughing stock and made them a force which they are today. Lots of players and the manager are experienced at winning this league lark. Go and dig up Gerrard's interview on their 2013/14 campaign, where he said lack of experience of players and the manager being in title race was their undoing.

Third, Diego Costa knocked in 20 goals in about 2000 mins in his debut season in what was an injury riddled campaign as Chelsea won the league, he also scored 27 goals for Atletico when they won La Liga in 2013/14. My point is he is proven and has the pedigree which is required at this level for teams going for title. None of the Liverpool players have ever reached those kind of numbers and question was if eventually lack of a genuine top class center forward and leaky defence will hurt their chances.

montpelier

I reckon they might lack bottle when the going gets tough & a bit of adversity arrives. Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Studge & Can all look to have possible cock-knocking tendencies when the chips are down. A physically fragile & moody Studge is the only proven scorer if key man Firmino gets injured.

Long way to go. Klopp can't hide the fact he's a massive overacting bellend from media & non LFC supporters for too much longer either, surely.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They're much better defensively than we are (in the sense that they actually keep clean sheets). Hazard and Costa are arguably better than anyone we've got as well so they've got as much chance as anyone has of winning it. I think we've got goals throughout the side though whereas most of theirs will probably come from Hazard/Costa, which is the advantage we've got over them.

It could end up being Chelsea and Liverpool as the top two. Crazier things have happened but I think both clubs will see top four as a good season.

C3Pique

They looked shattered after 70 minutes. They'll need to try to beat teams within an hour and as the season goes on that may get more difficult.

I think a lot of teams will sit back against them for an hour and try to get something once they've punched themselves out. I think that's what we tried to do at Anfield.

sugar_kane

Feels like every season recently they look absolutely unstoppable at some point. It's an incredibly competitive league this season and there's a long way to go yet. I'm. Not. Worried. (Yet).

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
We need something to happen soon to disrupt them. They have been lucky to be injury free so far and they have been playing some brilliant attacking football, but over the course of a season you need more than the best team, you need a squad.

Klavann is nowhere near the same level.as Matip or even Lovren ( Sakho is better but been bullied out of the club?)

Without Henderson they have Lucas, prob their best runner replaced by their worst.

Milner injured that penalty conceding midget Moreno comes in.

No player remotely similar to replace Mané for injury/back to Africa.

Their backup to Coutinho seems to be some giant Serbian youngster called Groolij who nobody has ever seen.

Firmino gets injured and perma-crock Sturridge won't last long, Origi isn't a goal scorer and doesn't link up the play nearly as well as Firmino either.

People are going overboard on their talent, on their day they're brilliant but how many rimes have we seen them concede first? How many times down to 10 men? How many times have we seen fair weather players like Coutinho crumble in the freezing fog on Wednesday night in December in places like Middlesbrough?

I'll judge then when I've seen them deal with some adversity.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
I reckon they might lack bottle when the going gets tough & a bit of adversity arrives. Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Studge & Can all look to have possible cock-knocking tendencies when the chips are down. A physically fragile & moody Studge is the only proven scorer if key man Firmino gets injured.

Long way to go. Klopp can't hide the fact he's a massive overacting bellend from media & non LFC supporters for too much longer either, surely.
I'm sure he'll drop his guard and let the cat out of the bag sometime soon and the Mail or the Express or some other top quality paper will pounce. ;)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They looked shattered after 70 minutes. They'll need to try to beat teams within an hour and as the season goes on that may get more difficult.

I think a lot of teams will sit back against them for an hour and try to get something once they've punched themselves out. I think that's what we tried to do at Anfield.
Mane and Lallana getting subbed off had a negative impact on our attacking play today. If you go through our games this season there's very little evidence to support the idea that we Traveller ourselves out as games go on.

There might be long term ramifications with all this running we're doing early on but we won't know if that's the case until the latter stages of the season.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I don't know what takeaway Liverpool fans have from that 2013/14 season, even though it's common to laugh at Gerrard slip and say it's him who cost them the title I seem to remember them conceding over 50 goals which ultimately lead to a meltdown in 2nd half v Palace. This season they have scored 30 goals in 11 games but also let in 14 with only 1 CS which came v us. It'll eventually become a problem. Leicester dug out so many narrow wins towards the business end of last season as teams are fighting for survival or a place in Europe, having a resolute defence will be key in those games when octane football doesn't work.

That said it'd extremely foolish to say that their title chances are none just because Chelsea and City are also contenders, it's all about the momentum. Last season should've taught you that when Leicester rode on that all the way to the summit.
End of the day, if you want to win the league it's all about achieving more points than anyone else over the course of the season. Leicester won it last season with 81 points & we failed to win it in 2014 with 84 points. Shit happens. & all this crap about Gerrard's slip costing us the title. What about the amount of goals we scored from his set-pieces that year ? Don't they count ? Or are people just being selective because it suits their argument ? I feel far more happier winning matches 4-2 & 6-1 than 1-0 & 2-1. Seem to remember United winning quite a few titles that way. What I don't remember though is Liverpool supporters saying their defence will cost them. Imagine saying such a thing on here back then. We'd have been laughed off the site. Funny how things change eh ?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
all up in the air atm. They look more capable of grinding out wins, but without Hazard on his game I can also see them struggling for goals.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
We need something to happen soon to disrupt them. They have been lucky to be injury free so far and they have been playing some brilliant attacking football, but over the course of a season you need more than the best team, you need a squad.

Klavann is nowhere near the same level.as Matip or even Lovren ( Sakho is better but been bullied out of the club?)

Without Henderson they have Lucas, prob their best runner replaced by their worst.

Their backup to Coutinho seems to be some giant Serbian youngster called Groolij who nobody has ever seen.

Firmino gets injured and perma-crock Sturridge won't last long, Origi isn't a goal scorer and doesn't link up the play nearly as well as Firmino either.

People are going overboard on their talent, on their day they're brilliant but how many rimes have we seen them concede first? How many times down to 10 men? How many times have we seen fair weather players like Coutinho crumble in the freezing fog on Wednesday night in December in places like Middlesbrough?

When you put it like that I'll just be happy to get to 40 points and be grateful for my lot. #realitycheck

Rafateria

I tipped them to win the title before the season started (check the predictions thread) and my opinion hasn't changed even though my hopes have. Top squad, top manager, no Europe.

RedMouse

Supports
Liverpool

Thought I could smell that.

Bitterness and wanting somehow the you can't have.

Granted January is a very good indicator of were any team is. Personally I do t think we will win it..I'm not sure we are that good

But crack on with your own versision of the Liverpool boom and bust thing.

At the moment your manager is a dick. You've bought a guy that is touted as being Messi/Ronaldo level. He's not. And never was. And chucked a load of money on a very good player..but Pogba isn't even close too being the best in the world.

Have some humility.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Mane and Lallana getting subbed off had a negative impact on our attacking play today. If you go through our games this season there's very little evidence to support the idea that we Traveller ourselves out as games go on.

There might be long term ramifications with all this running we're doing early on but we won't know if that's the case until the latter stages of the season.
Iirc most players in the prem run between 10-12km per game with Henderson running the most at about a km more than the average - that means in terms of distance traveled, every 10 games or so he has run the equivalent of playing another full game.

We're now just past that point, so in theory he has "played an extra game" (distance wise) - but most of the top players from City, Arsenal, Spurs and Utd have all already played 4 games more because of Europe. And as a result they have had less recovery time as well.

If we manage to qualify for Europe then I expect to see more rotation next season, and hopefully, a few quality signings in the summer to help with the heavier schedule.

But if we fall apart later this season, I can't see our running stats being the reason.

Ban

Wow, they might win it. We need some kind of collapse by them but I don't see it. Hopefully someone will slip in the Spring but who? There's no Gerrard here.

If they indeed win it I'll just block all news from all the media, especially English cause it will be a Liverpool fest for few months. I guess it's easier for me cause I'm not in England. I know just 2, 3 people who are Liverpool fans (although in general Liverpool is popular here) and I rarely hear from them so I guess they wouldn't gloat. If they will I'll unfriend them.

Rafateria

My God that is a desperate, DESPERATE, post. .............. As well as being hyperbolic shite.

montpelier

The MF & attack look very interchangeable though. Gives them more cover than they actually have, everyone gets some playing time so they are happy too. I think they'll win it by 15pts at least.

cyberman

Yep, those two are playing a level above City atm. If it were City playing like this then the hyperbole would be through the roof.
Chelsea are favourites for me, they're not even giving away chances never mind goals.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

So far, they're the best attacking team in the league bar Chelsea recently and with Klopp as their manager, most people expected this type of football from Liverpool eventually.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
11 games in and they have already won the league. We should rest now and maybe let the transfer window open.
Seriously speaking, they have been the best team for 11 games, that is what the table shows right now. NOT 38 games. You need atleast 86 points to win the league and we still have 81 points to play for. Mathematically even sunderland are in the title race. Not that i suggest they will win it. I think we need to judge teams after 19 games atleast, best we judge them on 1st feburary.
This international break comes at a wrong time for Liverpool, they have great momentum, now they need to pray no one gets injured. I think they have done very well and also have had luck on their side and you need that to win the league but the league is too young yet. So many variables will have an effect yet namely injuries, december fixture congestion, AFCON etc. They all have to be taken into account.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
11 games in and they have already won the league. We should rest now and maybe let the transfer window open.
Seriously speaking, they have been the best team for 11 games, that is what the table shows right now. NOT 38 games. You need atleast 86 points to win the league and we still have 81 points to play for. Mathematically even sunderland are in the title race. Not that i suggest they will win it. I think we need to judge teams after 19 games atleast, best we judge them on 1st feburary.
This international break comes at a wrong time for Liverpool, they have great momentum, now they need to pray no one gets injured. I think they have done very well and also have had luck on their side and you need that to win the league but the league is too young yet. So many variables will have an effect yet namely injuries, december fixture congestion, AFCON etc. They all have to be taken into account.
Last season you wanted Van Gaal sacked after 14. We were 1 point off the top of the table.