Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I'm tempted to put about 50 quid on them to win it to lessen the pain in case it happens, and jinx it at the same time cos i'm not particularly lucky when it comes to football betting
Keep your money, it will have no impact on their title chances at all and you will just be depriving yourself of €50 for several months. Depending on how things are towards the end of the season you might even find yourself secretly hoping they win it as you will be subconsciously thinking what you'd spend the winnings on.

3KDré

But it's a decent back up, which was my point. How many teams have a talent like Sturridge on the bench? None, probably.

In any case, Sturridge hasn't been picked, he's not off the pace. In fact he was very good yesterday and scored two in his last start. It's just tough to drop the current front three right now.
Us. Martial.
Willian for Chelsea.
Iheanacho for city.

ZDwyr

Us. Martial.
Willian for Chelsea.
Iheanacho for city.
Sturridge is better than all of them (when he is in form anyway). Some of them might end up being better but come on, you are underselling Sturridge or overrating those three.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm curious to see how Klopp sets the team up against Southampton on 19th November. Coutinho and Firmino are in South America with Brazil and play against Argentina on the 10th as well as Peru on the 16th. That means they'll fly back on the 17th, probably travel down to Southampton on the 18th and then have to play the next day.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp decided to rest one of them for the next league game.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Wijnaldum can move into Lallana's position if there's an injury there.

Sturridge looks sharp whenever he's given a sniff right now - hit the woodwork twice in 20 mins on Saturday, and Origi is another option up top.

I'd say we're decently stocked.

Ruffian

Supports
Liverpool
I'm curious to see how Klopp sets the team up against Southampton on 19th November. Coutinho and Firmino are in South America with Brazil and play against Argentina on the 10th as well as Peru on the 16th. That means they'll fly back on the 17th, probably travel down to Southampton on the 18th and then have to play the next day.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klopp decided to rest one of them for the next league game.
This is worrying. One or both will not play then.

Sturridge plays best with another centre forward, but Klopp has so very rarely set up like that. Seems to me that Sturridge, Mane and Origi on the left is the best solution if we have to drop the Brazilians.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
We've played a total of 14 competitive games (league & cup) & all our goals have been scored between 13 different players. That's testament to the way we play under Klopp & not the reliance of certain individuals. So those who ask how we'll cope with injuries, loss of Mane in the new year, etc, might well ask how the likes of Chelsea would fare if Hazard were to be sidelined for a period of time, or City with Aquero & KDB. I'd say they depend more on individual brilliance than we do at the moment. Coutinho, Firminho, et al are simply components of a very strong team.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

Theres a small possibility he could set up with a diamond formation, we've tried it and had reasonable success in the cups, for a one off game it might be worth a go, in a straight shootout I'd back Sturridge and Origi over Southamptons frontline. Would like to see Gini back in MF regardless of how we set up and one of Mane/Origi is an absolute must if we're starting Sturridge.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I'm tempted to put about 50 quid on them to win it to lessen the pain in case it happens, and jinx it at the same time cos i'm not particularly lucky when it comes to football betting
I know loads of people who backed City at 6/1 with a few games left in 2014.Me mate threw 500 on it.

It softened the blow of not winning I imagine.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Chelsea will win the league with Man City second. Liverpool will start to fall away soon. No way they can sustain this all season. Relax - it's not their year!
I think City will win it. Their biggest hindrance to winning the league, is the champions league. But I see them pulling through.

Liverpool need to use the next 4-5 weeks to build up a nice lead with Arsenal playing United and City playing Chelsea while they have easy games.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think City will win it. Their biggest hindrance to winning the league, is the champions league. But I see them pulling through.

Liverpool need to use the next 4-5 weeks to build up a nice lead with Arsenal playing United and City playing Chelsea while they have easy games.
Haven't checked their fixtures compared to ours but I don't think there are any easy games, easier yes. Southampton , Bournemouth and Middlesborough away aren't easy anyway.
But they are the sort of games we need to win to challenge for top 4 I agree.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Haven't checked their fixtures compared to ours but I don't think there are any easy games, easier yes. Southampton and Bournemouth away aren't easy anyway.
But they are the sort of games we need to win to challenge for top 4 I agree.
Swansea away was an easy game for us. Their peformance was laughably bad. They stood off for no apparent reason. I do know what you mean. My point is that this is the time to build up a lead because I personally fancy City in general to outperform you over the season.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
I know loads of people who backed City at 6/1 with a few games left in 2014.Me mate threw 500 on it.

It softened the blow of not winning I imagine.
Similar story with me. Prior to the Chelsea match we were 1.2 (1/5) to win the league. I felt those odds were far too low considering we had a tough match against the side from West London, & then Palace away. I layed Liverpool on Betfair for £1000 which meant my liability was just £200 had we gone on to win the title ( a loss I'd have been more than happy to take). My missus had a nice day's shopping with the proceeds.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Swansea away was an easy game for us. Their peformance was laughably bad. They stood off for no apparent reason. I do know what you mean. My point is that this is the time to build up a lead because I personally fancy City in general to outperform you over the season.
Swansea have been poor haven't they = I don't disagree that on paper we have a decent run of games, however these are often our problem, Burnley for example.
Southampton is a tough place to go, Bournemouth and Middlesborough have performed pretty well recently too.
They are the sort of games you need to win though so I see what you mean.

Silverman

None of them are as good as Sturridge. Centre forward, Sturridge is superior. Not one.
Sturridge is better than all of them (when he is in form anyway). Some of them might end up being better but come on, you are underselling Sturridge or overrating those three.
Completely disagree. Maybe a few years ago but Sturridge of now??? No chance.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Love it! I have a brother who is a United fanatic but often backs our opposition in big games for the same reason! Mad or what?

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Swansea have been poor haven't they = I don't disagree that on paper we have a decent run of games, however these are often our problem, Burnley for example.
Southampton is a tough place to go, Bournemouth and Middlesborough have performed pretty well recently too.
They are the sort of games you need to win though so I see what you mean.
Only Chelsea have come away with points from travelling to Southampton, they've won every other home game. I think Liverpool will slip up there, especially with Coutinho and Firmino only off the plane.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Only Chelsea have come away with points from travelling to Southampton, they've won every other home game. I think Liverpool will slip up there, especially with Coutinho and Firmino only off the plane.
That may not be too far from the truth. We struggled in our last game after internationals (Swansea?) even though we won. This is where we may need our defence to hold a 1 goal lead or even 0-0. Which undoubtedly we could fail.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Similar story with me. Prior to the Chelsea match we were 1.2 (1/5) to win the league. I felt those odds were far too low considering we had a tough match against the side from West London, & then Palace away. I layed Liverpool on Betfair for £1000 which meant my liability was just £200 had we gone on to win the title ( a loss I'd have been more than happy to take). My missus had a nice day's shopping with the proceeds.
It softens the blow.

I made a fortune from us when Hodgson was manager.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Next 8:

WBA (H) - 3p
Palace (A) - 3p
Watford (H) - 3p
Soton (A) - 0p
Sunderland (H) - 3p
Bournemouth (A) - 3p
West Ham (H) - 3p
Boro (A) - 3p

They'll be top by Christmas :(
Doing better than I expected :(

AXVnee7

Doing better than I expected :(
Bournemouth will probably set up to defend in an away game for LFC. Boro are also a well organised defensive team, so Liverpool will have to break them down. Overall I'd expect Liverpool to be there or thereabouts by Xmas, but I can definitely seem them dropping a few more points along those fixtures yet.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Fecking internationals. Just glad Coutinho wasn't injured after all and Lallana is back against Sunderland. A whole week of uninterrupted preparation should get the bandwagon rolling again.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
He made a mistake with the substitutions today. Sturridge could've made a difference if he'd come on earlier. I'm not sure starting Coutinho was a good move either but I'm encouraged that we look like a much better side compared to last season. Signing Matip on a free was a fantastic decision.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Not the worst point in the world really. I had a feeling we'd draw today what with Southampton being tough to beat at home, no Lallana, and the travelling done by Coutinho and Firmino.

Disappointing not to take 1 of the chances we had but you can't win every game, and as long as we put Sunderland to the sword next week then there's no damage done.

Matip on a free is 1 of the best transfers this season so far. He's exactly what we've been missing since big Sami left in 2009.

VanGaalEra

They should be fine on the injury front with no Europe this season, but I still maintain that they'll struggle with a couple of injuries.

Rafateria

Fecking internationals. Just glad Coutinho wasn't injured after all and Lallana is back against Sunderland. A whole week of uninterrupted preparation should get the bandwagon rolling again.
I think Klopp said Lallana will be out for 2-3 games.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not the worst point in the world really. I had a feeling we'd draw today what with Southampton being tough to beat at home, no Lallana, and the travelling done by Coutinho and Firmino.

Disappointing not to take 1 of the chances we had but you can't win every game, and as long as we put Sunderland to the sword next week then there's no damage done.

Matip on a free is 1 of the best transfers this season so far. He's exactly what we've been missing since big Sami left in 2009.
Southampton were brushed aside with ease by Chelsea the other week.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Looking at the results so far this weekend I think it's a big opportunity missed for you lot today.
I don't think it's a terrible result on it's own. We obviously need to get back to winning ways next weekend to keep us in the conversation. Given how the game went though, it's clearly two points dropped.