Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Hasn't Coutinho been training for a couple of weeks now? I would have thought today would have been the perfect time to give him some minutes.
I think it was light training on his own just before City and Sunderland. He's just started training with the first team again so probably a bit soon.

PoTMS

I think it was light training on his own just before City and Sunderland. He's just started training with the first team again so probably a bit soon.
What's the likelihood he'll feature against us?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You don't understand it because you've put no thought into it.

8th - Plymouth
11th - Southampton LC Semis
15th - United at OT.

3 games in a week including 2 very important ones - on the back of Liverpool having the least amount of rest (3 games in 143 hours) of any team in the PL bar Saints over the Xmas/New Year schedule. The FAC is quite rightly rating a low 3rd on our list of priorities at the moment.

Get it now ?
Nope..I still don't. He still had Lallana, Sturridge, Firmino and Wynaldum on the bench. 2-3 of those players were always going to come off the bench. In the end, they still played a part in the game. Why not have some of them start the game, then sub them out to give them a rest after securing the win?

More chance of avoiding a replay, and you still limit the number of minutes your important players play.

But meh, hindsight eh?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
So he'll be back in time for the Rumble?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I really hope they do ! At least it will make for a more entertaining match, and probably suit us far more. 53 touches by their keeper today - the most of any player on their team, plus only 3 touches inside our box. Mourinho would have been proud !
You expect that from a League Two side. It's down to us to break them down and we couldn't do it.

Our home record has been excellent over the last 12 months though. Unbeaten in any competition since United or Stoke beat us in January 2016.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
So he'll be back in time for the Rumble?
Yeah he should be. I think we'll go for a front three of Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana. I wouldn't expect your CB's to have much difficulty against Origi or Sturridge.

The first thing the very best managers do when they go to a big club that hasn't won anything for ages is make sure they get a cup under their belt ASAP (see Jose at Chelsea.)

Liverpool are desperate for a trophy. Qualifying for the CL isn't silverware and no one ever remembers it unless you win the thing the season after.

Klopp has made the wrong choice today and it's backfired.
Oh god, this post is almost begging for them to beat us in the league cup final now :nervous:

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Not sure Plymouth's result is actually that impressive. I've never heard of half of Liverpool's team today and Can, Moreno and Karius are mostly gash anyways. Still, they'll be buzzing for the replay and hope they can cause an upset...

SammyUnited_83

Not sure Plymouth's result is actually that impressive. I've never heard of half of Liverpool's team today and Can, Moreno and Karius are mostly gash anyways. Still, they'll be buzzing for the replay and hope they can cause an upset...
Liverpool will win easily but it's a long fecking way for a game that, with better management, should have been won today.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
The first thing the very best managers do when they go to a big club that hasn't won anything for ages is make sure they get a cup under their belt ASAP (see Jose at Chelsea.)

Liverpool are desperate for a trophy. Qualifying for the CL isn't silverware and no one ever remembers it unless you win the thing the season after.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Of the Europa, League Cup and Fa Cup last season Klopp got them to the final of 2 of them, and they could well be our opponents in the League Cup final this season too.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously disappointed with the result and performance today. But Klopp's policy is to play youth in the early rounds of cups and that means that we leave ourselves open to the possibility of not getting the right result. I'm ok with it tho as it means we get to give the young players a fair crack of the whip to see if they can make the grade. Despite today I still think at least Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria and Ojo have a good chance of breaking into the first team in the next couple of years.

Add to this the quick turnaround between the last two games and then with saints and utd coming up it made even more sense to field the team we did.

Rafateria

But but you guys and Klopp literally invented high pressing and full flow attacking football. Your tactical superiority and vintage Brazil level attacking philosophy should have been able to expedite these guys swiftly.

I sure know our u-18 would.
Ya da ya da ya da. Of course they would.

Rafateria

Obviously disappointed with the result and performance today. But Klopp's policy is to play youth in the early rounds of cups and that means that we leave ourselves open to the possibility of not getting the right result. I'm ok with it tho as it means we get to give the young players a fair crack of the whip to see if they can make the grade. Despite today I still think at least Alexander-Arnold, Ejaria and Ojo have a good chance of breaking into the first team in the next couple of years.

Add to this the quick turnaround between the last two games and then with saints and utd coming up it made even more sense to field the team we did.
Oh FFS will you please stop making sense. You're spoiling the rhetoric !

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think Liverpool don't have a huge squad like us and so as soon as they decide to rest first team team players they have to look at the academy players. For good or bad United have a lot of players sitting out looking for a game and thus Jose can afford to rest players while keeping a relatively strong team. The way the PL is going Klopp has no option but to pick a team like this and hope they get the win

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Really pleased to see how rested, relaxed and sharp Firminho and Sturridge were looking when they came on. Coutinho also in training. :D
Yeah, you must be overjoyed with your home 0-0 draw against Argyle.

:lol::lol:
Klopp again trying to belittle smaller teams with less resources because they haven't played how he wanted them to.

He comes across to me, increasingly, as a bad loser - which is fair enough really as I don't think a manager should be a 'good loser'.

But sometimes, I think it does come across as slightly bad taste.

Maybe the bitterness of the club is starting actually transfer over to him? Suarez' worst behaviour happened at Liverpool, unless he's been being racist and biting people at Barca?

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I haven't seen the game.

Fair play to Plymouth.

I heard our kids were shite.

Positives. Klopp trusts the kids.
Negatives. Our kids were shite . Another game to play.

Peanut Butter

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Of the Europa, League Cup and Fa Cup last season Klopp got them to the final of 2 of them, and they could well be our opponents in the League Cup final this season too.
Liverpool ain't won sh*t for ages apart from a Micky Mouse Cup against minnows Cardiff in a penalty shootout.

That's the harsh truth.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

Wind it in. All a bit premature don't you think? Plus two finals already.

Peanut Butter

Wind it in. All a bit premature don't you think? Plus two finals already.
Who remembers losers of finals?! I certainly don't. You sound like an Everton fan.

And wind it in? I am a Man Utd supporter posting on a thread about Liverpool FC on a Man Utd supporter's website. Sorry if I am not gushing about your lot.

Not so smug now are we after a draw against a dire Sunderland side and League 2 minnows Plymouth? ;)

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Who remembers losers of finals?! I certainly don't. You sound like an Everton fan.

And wind it in? I am a Man Utd supporter posting on a thread about Liverpool FC on a Man Utd supporter's website. Sorry if I am not gushing about your lot.

Not so smug now are we after a draw against a dire Sunderland side and League 2 minnows Plymouth? ;)
Wind it in not because of your allegiances but because your tone is prematurely celebratory given Liverpool's very good season so far and obvious development under an excellent manager. Possibly jumping the gun with your hubris, no?

Today's result is meaningless in relation to the league given it's a different competition and the team was the youngest in the club's history. I'm annoyed at the outcome but that's about it. I'm delighted at the fact Liverpool are 5 points off top spot with 18 games to go.

Bwuk

I'm from Plymouth, and I'm a United fan...

As you might imagine, Dumb, I'm very happy with your result today :cool:
You were excellent in the box today mate. You and all your neighbours marked Liverpool out the game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
More or less class than the United manager? Just checking so I know how you measure this particular meta-physical characteristic.
Mourinho's a cnut too and we all acknowledge it and condemn his twattishness when he does it.