Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Peanut Butter

ShadesOfTomato said:
An Everton fan calling someone bitter. The irony.
Many Liverpool fans I know are extremely bitter. I wouldn't go down that avenue if I was you...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Created =/= shots on target.

The only chance you had that was comparable to the Pogba and Mkhi ones was the Wijnaldum chance at the end.
And Firmino's one on one with De Gea. I thought that was the key moment of the game.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
We created more than United did today. 13 shots 4 on target compared to 9 and 3 for United I think?
You categorically did not create more than United. More shots, yeah, but you certainly did not create more. Had we turned up today you'd have been on the wrong end of a tanking, and I'm gutted we were so poor. So many poor passes in and around your box, dangerous balls finding no one, as well as two missed one on ones. You lot scored a spawny penalty, and aside from the Firmino and Wijnaldum chance, I can't really remember a single time I thought "oh shit".

TheReligion

Abusive
Liverpool only opened United up when they went 3 at the back to get back into the match. Risk reward.

United were far more positive and cut Liverpool apart in the 1st half repeatedly.

Boycott

Judging on that performance [+ Southampton and Sunderland] they won't win the title. They were very poor in the second half and looked out of breath.

But they have goalscorers over the pitch and players fit in and out naturally. They are in a false position on paper compared to City, Arsenal and us and that's down to Klopp.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not going to get into this. I've got my opinions on the game and others have theirs. I was expecting a beating today and instead I thought we handled the game well for the most part.

If we can win against Swansea next week I think we'll be back on track following a bit of a slump.

Varun

Staff
I hope the "Pool created more" and the "pool were the only team trying to play football" posts in here are taking the piss or wumming because if not, it doesn't bode well for the eyesight of the guys in question

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool only opened United up when they went 3 at the back to get back into the match. Risk reward.

United were far more positive and cut Liverpool apart in the 1st half repeatedly.
But United's finishing is their Achilles heel. Creating chances is half the job. Too reliant on one man. Not enough goals across the team.

Draw was a fair result.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
And you would warm to the angry bloke faster than the one laughing it off? Okay.
He's got personality, I like him, I don't like Mourinho, so yes.

Anyway I thought a draw was a fair result, neither quite did enough to deserve all 3.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Yeah if he wasn't a football manager he'd be one of those annoying feckers who bothers everyone on the subway.
He would be working for one of those charities that harrass people for their bank account details on the streets, or maybe a car wash attendent.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool manager not liked by United fans = doing something right

SalfordRed1960

I'd be certain his reaction is due to Herrera going down holding his face. Think Herrera already irked them by sprinting to the ref asking for a card for Lovren in the first half.
He explained it as a player being fouled getting booked, as though retaliation is allowed. He should have been more annoyed they didn't allow advantage as they had a one on one opportunity.

Saying all that, he came for a point and got it. If they hadn't of got the penalty, rally couldn't see them scoring.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Deidrie's arse was itching in that interview, especially regarding the long balls. Such a sore loser.
He really seems like he thinks he's making some kind of point by highlighting long-balls with such distain.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
And you would warm to the angry bloke faster than the one laughing it off? Okay.
This is the guy that was well chuffed with their showing against Chelsea on the butt end of last season.

He is probably a closet Millwall supporter.

Drainy

Makes me laugh that they basically played a defensive 'away day' game and then Klopp acts like they put on some kind of attacking master class and got unlucky, while we played anti-football.

They ran their arses off, and altered their game plan to contain us- then scored because of individual errors- one forced from Jones, and then one unforced from Pogba.

We had to give up trying to play football because, as Mourinho stated, they played a great defensive game so we needed to be pragmatic. There is no need to be bitter because they couldn't adjust to the change in how the game was played when we were fighting for an equaliser.

Fridge chutney

United supporters (myself included) just have to accept that no other supporters will ever like JM. He has made teams like Arsenal and Spurs and Liverpool (and often us) his bitches, so natural resentment towards him as a winner are bound to shade judgement when comparing him to the new boy Klopp.

Klopp is also the "cool" underdog. His antics are funny, novel and charming. After a decade in England, José's similar antics are no longer as such. If you remember, Jose was similarly novel and funny when he first came to England. Not anymore, and his past behaviours at Chelsea have not helped (rightfully so).

As a rival, Klopp is a cnut, much like Mou before. To the neutral, his eclectic nature is probably quite charming. Get used to it.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
How many of their players would walk into our starting 11?

Maybe 2
As for a combined XI, the very notion kind of counters the 'Klopp approach'. He's not a Top Trumps manager. He builds teams differently to his contemporary counterparts. That's not a dig at other managers like Mourinho or Pep, it's just that Klopp appears keen to do it without excessive use of the chequebook. Yes he can spend big but he seems unusually reluctant to buy. Again, there's a lot to be said to not agree with this approach.

My point is that you're probably looking at the wrong things if you start to pick over the sum of the parts of his teams - calling out players for being 'average' and playing above themselves is possibly a total misunderstanding of how football works - Klopp's football anyway.

It's as if coaching has become a non-thing for some: Player X has a poor season or two; Player X is labelled average; Player X then gets coached and developed; Player X becomes an impressive and consistent performer; Player X is still labelled average. Odd.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, dislike him all you like but when you look at the table, two teams have been overperforming their quality so far. Chelsea and Liverpool. That's down in large part to the managers. Also, Klopp's a lunatic and I love it :cool:

AXVnee7

Who cares what Klopp thinks? We should look at ourselves for not winning the game.

But that's a positive for us, we came to win and we ourselves caused the 2 dropped points. Not Liverpool.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah draw is fair. Klopp talking rubbish in his interview.
He's doing his job in that interview. Mourinho crafts his post-match message as well as anyone. It's a game and it continues after the final whistle.

mu4c_20le

Klopp is also the "cool" underdog. His antics are funny, novel and charming. After a decade in England, José's similar antics are no longer as such. If you remember, Jose was similarly novel and funny when he first came to England. Not anymore, and his past behaviours at Chelsea have not helped (rightfully so).

As a rival, Klopp is a cnut, much like Mou before. To the neutral, his eclectic nature is probably quite charming. Get used to it.
Rival or not, I used to respect his abilities as a coach, but I find his antics embarrassing. I'm glad he isn't our manager. Passion is one thing, but he acts like a petulant child far too often.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Who cares what Klopp thinks? We should look at ourselves for not winning the game.

But that's a positive for us, we came to win and we ourselves caused the 2 dropped points. Not Liverpool.
I think Liverpool got their approach pretty spot on. Liverpool played a big part on the outcome.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Good point @PickledRed

Give him our team this season though and I believe we top the standings ahead of CFC

AXVnee7

I think Liverpool got their approach pretty spot on. Liverpool played a big part on the outcome.
Disagree. Liverpool rarely threatened until the penalty and although it was early on, it gave Liverpool license to park their bus. It was a big turning factor of our own doing. United were creating far better chances and exploiting space, which Liverpool subsequently covered.

Even if we scored our goal early on it changes the game and we don't have to rush for a winner.

antoine_d_griezmann

Supports
Atlético Madrid, Dortmond
You categorically did not create more than United. More shots, yeah, but you certainly did not create more. Had we turned up today you'd have been on the wrong end of a tanking, and I'm gutted we were so poor. So many poor passes in and around your box, dangerous balls finding no one, as well as two missed one on ones. You lot scored a spawny penalty, and aside from the Firmino and Wijnaldum chance, I can't really remember a single time I thought "oh shit".
Pool dominated the game sply in the midfield, with that team no mane, coutinho on bench , clyne injured , matip injured, Henderson on pain killers .... similarly could be said, had mane ,clyan, matip, coutinho, Henderson start fully fit you would have struggled.

I dont know what fans were smoking here with all the smash them talk