Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Far too many reactionary opinions here.

Klopp isn't a problem, Benteke is.
Valid opinions made when Klopp first joined. He would do well against the better sides who came out and played from the back more but against teams who sit deep and don't afford space, he would struggle. It happened in his last Bundesliga season and seems to be happening now.

devil in me

Tbf, the Liverpool squad is the definition of average. Far too early to judge him, although I'm glad he's struggling!

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The thing is I hated Rodgers, Kenny and Benitez. I wanted them gone. I think on some level I worried about all of them. Some of the football Rodgers had them playing.. and when Rafa won the European Cup... even Kenny when he won the league cup. It was clear to see they were all talented managers.

Got no worries about Klopp at all, that's why I think some of our fans pretend to be scared of him. I think it's obvious we all know they've got a fraud in, so let's keep him there as long as possible!
You were worried about Dalglish? They were complete shite when he was in charge.

Enigma_87

You know who
One of his strengths at Dortmund was buying players, so he could still turn it around... But yeah, he's been pretty disappointing for Liverpool thus far.
Not exactly, given how he replaced Lewa, Barrios, Gotze, Kagawa, Perisic and the likes...

I'm glad he's found out as well. He was ridiculously overrated.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Not exactly, given how he replaced Lewa, Barrios, Gotze, Kagawa, Perisic and the likes...

Did he not do a good job replacing those players? Genuine question, I never followed Dortmund that much.

DevilRed

Wouldn't call him overrated just yet. He hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players.

Having said that, its always going to be tough for him to win anything. This is the premier league and he is slowly finding out the intensity and pace of the game is several levels above the german league. Then he will also realise that because he manages liverpoo he wont be able to attract the top players in the transfer market. He is going to have to pull an absolute miracle in order to make them title contenders even in the next 3 years.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

He's a good manager and he replaced most of those players well. His only really poor transfer in that regard was Immobile. Nonetheless, some here were hailing him as a top 3 manager in the world and that he clearly isn't. He still has his weaknesses and his main one, his inability to adapt to teams sitting behind the ball, is being exposed in the BPL more than anything.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Lewandowski was replaced by Aubameyang who is currently lighting up the Bundesliga.
Barrios didn't need replacement, he was good for two seasons before Lewandowski took over the role of main striker.
Götze was replaced by Mkitharyan who is once again having a good season, very good replacement. He was wanted by a lot of teams when Dortmund bought him.

Only major disappointment was Immobile, and he had a stellar season with Torino before he joined him. Multiple top European clubs wanted him, Klopp is partly to blame for that but he's already gone right now.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Wouldn't call him overrated just yet. He hasn't had a chance to bring in his own players.

Having said that, its always going to be tough for him to win anything. This is the premier league and he is slowly finding out the intensity and pace of the game is several levels above the german league. Then he will also realise that because he manages liverpoo he wont be able to attract the top players in the transfer market. He is going to have to pull an absolute miracle in order to make them title contenders even in the next 3 years.
what I have been saying.

We will know next season.

Enigma_87

You know who
Did he not do a good job replacing those players? Genuine question, I never followed Dortmund that much.
@Balu can comment in detail, in my opinion:

Immobile was a huge flop, currently out on loan.
Ramos as well was/is a flop so far.
Kampl brought in for close to 10m, sold a year after.
Kagawa is ok IMO since he got back there.
Dong - brought in for free didn't even play once, currently at Augsburg.
Sahin in his return injured/crap.
Jojic - flop/sold.

Sokratis is probably ok, although I'm not sure he's lived up to expectations so far(was considered one of the best young defenders, brought in from Werder)
Mkhitaryan is a good buy all things considered.
Aubameyang was hit and miss under Klopp, improved a lot recently.

Ginter is the most exciting one, but a young player that is yet to fulfill his promise and looked bad in his first season under Klopp(of course largely due to lack of experience).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hang on. There is a player called "Immobile"? Is this a joke?
What next? A player called "Cantscore". How about "Cantdefend". "Playslikecrap". "Shouldbesold"
:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hang on. There is a player called "Immobile"? Is this a joke?
What next? A player called "Cantscore". How about "Cantdefend". "Playslikecrap". "Shouldbesold"
:lol:
There is. Also known as "Wayne Rooney".

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We've massively struggled against sides like Watford, West Ham, Palace, West Brom etc. We lack quality, leadership and experience all over the pitch.

Even from the 13/14 season we've lost more or less the whole team that nearly won us the league - Johnson, Agger, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling all gone - Flanagan hasn't been fit enough to start a game in a year and a half, Sturridge is crocked and now Henderson looks like he could be following the same route. That's a lot of experience and quality that we don't have on the pitch anymore. Doesn't help that we've signed a whole bucket of shit in the last couple of years.

We've already shown signs that we can be very dangerous under Klopp - City & Soton away etc. Next season is the litmus test for him. The summer will be huge for us and I'm expecting plenty more games like today before the season is out as our side just isn't good enough - we are jam packed with average, inconsistent players.

He is going to have to pull an absolute miracle in order to make them title contenders even in the next 3 years.
Pochettino has made Spurs title contenders in the space of a year and a bit. Rodgers went from 7th to 2nd (and very nearly 1st). It's not called an 'absolute miracle', it's called good coaching and shrewd buying.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
His squad is genuinely awful you can't judge him yet.

He has one good player in the form of coutinho all the rest are so average.
No. They look average. They aren't average. Benteke is a 1 in 2 Premier League striker at a smaller club. Look at his goal against us in the prem. There's real quality there.

Firminho is a talent Klopp said he was massively excited about. He looks bobbins.

You've got players like Ibe who many were raving about all summer. Not doing it. Good English players like Clyne and Ings (who got injured when Klopp arrived)

Basically you've got a load of players who according to Klopp aren't giving 100 % (whose job is it to get them there Jurgen?) and players like Sturridge who has already fallen out with Klopp and doesn't want to perform.

Dark times ahead at Anfield.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No. They look average. They aren't average. Benteke is a 1 in 2 Premier League striker at a smaller club. Look at his goal against us in the prem. There's real quality there.

Firminho is a talent Klopp said he was massively excited about. He looks bobbins.

You've got players like Ibe who many were raving about all summer. Not doing it. Good English players like Clyne and Ings (who got injured when Klopp arrived)

Basically you've got a load of players who according to Klopp aren't giving 100 % (whose job is it to get them there Jurgen?) and players like Sturridge who has already fallen out with Klopp and doesn't want to perform.

You seriously blaming Klopp for 'sicknote Sturridge'?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

It's Firmino, not Firminho.

Ibe has improved a lot and was our best player by a country mile today, so I don't really know how you can say he's "not doing it". What kind of performances did you realistically expect from him this season then? Clyne has been very consistent as well, doing what you'd expect him to do in the beginning of the season, with a few points to improve.

You left me speechless on the Sturridge issue though. "Does not want to perform"? Fecking hell.

::sonny::

He is continuing his job from Dortmund, same results of his last season there

But

They are only 3 pts behind us

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Welcome to the Caf my friend, where all rationale has left the building this season
To be fair, Twigginater isn't the standard, he's just an exceptional WUM but yeah it's quite telling that a few weeks after the brilliant 'Dippers top of the league' thread, we've already people claiming Klopp has been found out.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
To be fair, Twigginater isn't the standard, he's just an exceptional WUM but yeah it's quite telling that a few weeks after the brilliant 'Dippers top of the league' thread, we've already people claiming Klopp has been found out.
And yet many would take him over LVG

Enigma_87

You know who
Jesus Christ, he's only there a few weeks, you people are insane.
It's too early of course, but more like a prediction right now. If Klopp indeed fails it would be considered a hindsight if somebody then says he's been found out.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's Firmino, not Firminho.

Ibe has improved a lot and was our best player by a country mile today, so I don't really know how you can say he's "not doing it". What kind of performances did you realistically expect from him this season then? Clyne has been very consistent as well, doing what you'd expect him to do in the beginning of the season, with a few points to improve.

You left me speechless on the Sturridge issue though. "Does not want to perform"? Fecking hell.
I'm the one bugging your squad up. Seems Klopp is just already lowering expectations

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This place is madness. Calling him a fraud, WTF?
However, this is why I don't want us to be a primarily counterattacking team.
His trend of struggling against teams they should normally dominate is something I except to continue throughout his time there.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Jurgen has a team with 22 goals in 20 games. He'll be happy to finish top half with such mediocrity but then he can get his own players in and have at least one proper preseason.

Conversely, and perversely, Utd could scrape 4th just behind Arsenal, City and Spurs. And I really mean scrape! This will get LvG that third season we're all hoping for.

Not sure which of the above is the better scenario. I'll take our (Pool's) shitty situation as long as we're not afflicted with LvG next season.