g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Jurgen has a team with 22 goals in 20 games. He'll be happy to finish top half with such mediocrity but then he can get his own players in and have at least one proper preseason.

Conversely, and perversely, Utd could scrape 4th just behind Arsenal, City and Spurs. And I really mean scrape! This will get LvG that third season we're all hoping for.

Not sure which of the above is the better scenario. I'll take our (Pool's) shitty situation as long as we're not afflicted with LvG next season.
LVG will be gone in the summer:mad:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
LVG will be gone in the summer:mad:
Would be stupidity if he gets you 4th. Unless Pep expresses a real interest. Mourinho you could have now so doubt he'll be considered if LvG does finish 4th.

Poisoned chalice really

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The idea of the squad being shite is being overplayed at both United & Liverpool.
It always finishes around 6th. (Apart from 2013-14). Nothing added in the summer suggested it would do any better.

The likes of Mingolet, 4 CBs they have, Moreno,Milner,Lucas,Lallana etc don't exactly scream top 4.

He has a hell of a job.

VanGaalEra

11 games and 15 points for Klopp. They're shit.

Finding out how tough it is to beat teams who sit back in this league, how tough the mid table and bottom teams are.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their transfer committee is a disaster. Benteke looks like another was of over £30m. Not because he's a bad player but because he simply doesn't fit their system. That's £70m on stickers that will not be at the club for long.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've massively struggled against sides like Watford, West Ham, Palace, West Brom etc. We lack quality, leadership and experience all over the pitch.

Even from the 13/14 season we've lost more or less the whole team that nearly won us the league - Johnson, Agger, Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling all gone - Flanagan hasn't been fit enough to start a game in a year and a half, Sturridge is crocked and now Henderson looks like he could be following the same route. That's a lot of experience and quality that we don't have on the pitch anymore. Doesn't help that we've signed a whole bucket of shit in the last couple of years.

We've already shown signs that we can be very dangerous under Klopp - City & Soton away etc. Next season is the litmus test for him. The summer will be huge for us and I'm expecting plenty more games like today before the season is out as our side just isn't good enough - we are jam packed with average, inconsistent players.

Pochettino has made Spurs title contenders in the space of a year and a bit. Rodgers went from 7th to 2nd (and very nearly 1st). It's not called an 'absolute miracle', it's called good coaching and shrewd buying.
Sorry, this bit ruined the post.:lol:

stepic

The only reason Liverpool came 2nd was Suarez. No surprise he leaves and they're back to being shit.

Obviously quality coaching is hugely important, but super stars win leagues.

peridigm

11 games and 15 points for Klopp. They're shit.

Finding out how tough it is to beat teams who sit back in this league, how tough the mid table and bottom teams are.
Hope they're still shit in 3 weeks.

SteveW

Great to see them struggling. In the long term he will be a success. The gegenpress probably doesn't work in the PL where teams are a bit more direct. He will need to find another way of playing. He will manage that I expect.

It's impossibly to really judge him until he's had a few transfer windows. Part of what made him such a great manager at Dortmund was his ability to spot bargains. He built a wonderful team without spending much money at all. If he starts that shite again at Liverpool things might get a bit shit :(

VanGaalEra

Hope they're still shit in 3 weeks.
Unfortunately, I think we've got the style Klopp likes to play against.

They'll give us the ball, let us have the ball and counter the shit out of us. I really hope Schneiderlin plays.

Crashoutcassius

Remember last month when klopp could instil his philosophy in a matter of days and van gaal couldn't do it in 12 months?

Maybe now people will be more wary of easy media narratives

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Daft to write him off at this stage. Their squad is immensely average at the moment, and in serious need of numerous changes. Considering one of the strongest aspects of Klopp's management at Dortmund was his ability to make excellent signings for considerably small amounts of money, you'd assume that they're likely to improve. Of course, there's no guarantee he will do that, since Liverpool seem to have been afflicted with the curse of wasting large sums of money in recent years, but you'd expect him to be a more likely candidate to make some shrewd signings that their last few managers.

He's managed to do very well against the top teams in the league, with his victories against City and Leicester. Been a lot worse against the mid-table sides though, which would be a concern for Liverpool fans. He could potentially be someone who produces an inconsistent side; one that can look brilliant one week, but slips up with a poor result the next.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The only reason Liverpool came 2nd was Suarez. No surprise he leaves and they're back to being shit.

Obviously quality coaching is hugely important, but super stars win leagues.
I still think that's a bit revisionist. Sturridge had an excellent season, and looked like an excellent striker. Managed to have a year where he mostly avoided injuries, which hasn't been the case since. Henderson had developed into a decent player, and Gerrard had his last good season with the club. With Sterling looking like a promising talent, they were actually quite an entertaining attacking side when on form. Granted, Suarez was the focal point by a considerable distance, and they wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without him, but it was still a very good side in an attacking sense, albeit one with some major defensive weaknesses.

The reason they've regressed since then, besides the loss of Suarez, has probably been down to Sturridge's inability to remain fit, Gerrard having a poor season (last year), the loss of Sterling, and some woeful signings like Balotelli who have failed to add anything to their side.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Liverpool usually feck up against crap sides. So we should in theory beat them comfortably.

MarkC

Some of the excuses being made for them here are laughable.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I am genuinely surprised at how much flak Benteke has been getting on Rawk, with most complaints being about how he seems to be a limited target man kind of striker. I've not watched any Pool games but I did watch a few Villa games, and he always looked to be a bit more than a big lump for them.

Deleted member 78215

Liverpool are shite. This is no shock.

Klopp's Dortmund team was levels above.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I am genuinely surprised at how much flak Benteke has been getting on Rawk, with most complaints being about how he seems to be a limited target man kind of striker. I've not watched any Pool games but I did watch a few Villa games, and he always looked to be a bit more than a big lump for them.
Didn't want him before we signed him (you can visit the Benteke page) and even less reason to want to keep him. I thought we were always playing with 10 men when Lambert or Balotelli started for us but now it seems we have repeated the process by paying an extra 32m for the privilege. He is beyond God awful. Just two minutes watching Match of the Day showed why. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe he felt more comfortable at Villa, surrounded by zero expectations and vanilla players and General Huffball. Was never a fit for us, but he's not even doing the basics right - like getting into the box and hoping for the ball to come in. By not doing that he makes our wide players take extra touches looking for him, then turning and passing back or losing possession.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Didn't want him before we signed him (you can visit the Benteke page) and even less reason to want to keep him. I thought we were always playing with 10 men when Lambert or Balotelli started for us but now it seems we have repeated the process by paying an extra 32m for the privilege. He is beyond God awful. Just two minutes watching Match of the Day showed why. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe he felt more comfortable at Villa, surrounded by zero expectations and vanilla players and General Huffball. Was never a fit for us, but he's not even doing the basics right - like getting into the box and hoping for the ball to come in. By not doing that he makes our wide players take extra touches looking for him, then turning and passing back or losing possession.
Just judging by the final scores, hasn't he scored plenty of important goals for your team this season?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Just judging by the final scores, hasn't he scored plenty of important goals for your team this season?
He's certainly put a few important ones away but this model is not sustainable. We need a goalscorer (or even occasional goalscorer) that can play football properly, not a postbox that will come into effect for 1 minute of every 90, often causing formational fk ups for the rest of the 89. Ings and Origi being injured together has probably caused more pain than even Sturridge being out.

I seriously hope Chelsea are still interested, doubt they will be if they have eyes.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's certainly put a few important ones away but this model is not sustainable. We need a goalscorer (or even occasional goalscorer) that can play football properly, not a postbox that will come into effect for 1 minute of every 90, often causing formational fk ups for the rest of the 89. Ings and Origi being injured together has probably caused more pain than even Sturridge being out.

I seriously hope Chelsea are still interested, doubt they will be if they have eyes.
Martial would have been perfect for you.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool

Spot on. The criticism Benteke has been entirely warranted so far, he's scored a few big goals but overall his influence over 90 minutes is useless at best, harmful at worst.

He can't control a ball, move for the ball and now he can't even win a header. What's the point?

ZDwyr

Harsh to call him a fraud. He really shouldn't be judged until after the summer window and he has bought his own players. Their injury situation isn't helping either.

The criticism for Benteke is harsh IMO. He's been shit, but Firmino and Coutinho have been awful lately. Every time I see Coutinho play he just wants to shoot from 35 yards.

Sb_16

Harsh to call him a fraud. He really shouldn't be judged until after the summer window and he has bought his own players. Their injury situation isn't helping either.

The criticism for Benteke is harsh IMO. He's been shit, but Firmino and Coutinho have been awful lately. Every time I see Coutinho play he just wants to shoot from 35 yards.
Stevie Me infection maybe.

Moonred

Too early to judge obviously, but he is such a clown and easy to laugh at. Is he doing the 'take a bow' session after every match? Win, draw or lose?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

His all round game was never going to be great. He's a strong centre forward who gets you goals, which is a good thing, but that's where it ends for him. The issue is for him getting grief is the fee. He's not a 32 million pound striker.

amolbhatia50k

At the same time it's convenient to blame him. Why is Liverpool's defence not peforming under klopp? We were all told that sakho was a great defender and he was a laughing stock against Watford.

amolbhatia50k

Its funny isn't it, turn Dortmund from a struggling ex giant of German football just out of bankruptcy into a European superpower...yup he's a fraud..
Yet it's fine to call one of the most successful managers of his generation a fraud.

amolbhatia50k

Remember last month when klopp could instil his philosophy in a matter of days and van gaal couldn't do it in 12 months?

Maybe now people will be more wary of easy media narratives
I always remember that post when they struggle. People were so quick to crown him as a success.

Moonred

Benteke is a lazy donkey. If I was a Liverpool supporter, I would be annoyed to see a physically strong player like him getting outmuscled by weaker defenders. Also he marks himself out of any threatening positions by making sure he is in extreme close proximity of the defender. Definitely doesn't suit liverpool's play. He will score some goals which is fine if you have ambition of a mid table side.

amolbhatia50k

Jurgen has a team with 22 goals in 20 games. He'll be happy to finish top half with such mediocrity but then he can get his own players in and have at least one proper preseason.

Conversely, and perversely, Utd could scrape 4th just behind Arsenal, City and Spurs. And I really mean scrape! This will get LvG that third season we're all hoping for.

Not sure which of the above is the better scenario. I'll take our (Pool's) shitty situation as long as we're not afflicted with LvG next season.
:lol: My, how the goalposts so conveniently shift.

He was never going to work miracles with them, the squad is rubbish. I will only start to worry when he's had a couple of transfer windows and if he gets hold of another Lewandowski/Reus level player.

Loon

:lol:
No time to judge. Let's see where he is in 18 months. I hope he doesn't do as well as I fear he might.