Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

lem8sh

Not even had a single window.

How many of these current Liverpool players would have made it in to his BVB side?

Sturridge, Coutinho and Clyne, if anyone. Maybe Moreno.

He's inherited a squad that is not strong enough and is filled with players that aren't what he is used to. I think he deserves until the end of next season to be properly judged properly.
Exactly. Absolutely ridiculous how anyone could critisize him without been given the chance to build his own side.

cyberman

Liverpool have their world famous transfer committee so I can't see how having a transfer window to work in will allow Klopp to improve any aspect of his side.

lem8sh

Liverpool have their world famous transfer committee so I can't see how having a transfer window to work in will allow Klopp to improve any aspect of his side.
But criticism has to be reserved until he has a window irrespective of of whether he has to deal with a committee or not. Funniest thing about this thread is one of the most staunch LVG defenders (3 windows, hundreds of milions spent) is in here criticising a manager 20 games or so into his reign with a poor squad he inherited.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's not had a window but who is he realistically going to get in to improve them to the extent people seem to believe he will?

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Didn't Klopp win the league with Barrios as the main striker while Lewandowski was settling in ?

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
he key to the above tactic is: create chance -> score chance. And the key to that key is: buy the right players. He did at Dortmund for the large part and it worked. Even in his 'bad' season he turned it around spectacularly enough (for example like Villa now finishing 7th this season which no one in their right mind would believe is achieveable).
yeah,cause the Bundesliga is the PL and Villas squad is as good as Dortmund...

That being said, he is failing at exactly what loads of people were suggesting he might, breaking down teams. So, whoever he gets in, I just can't see his ONE tactic being good enough for top 4 in the foreseeable future. I might be wrong, but I'm not.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
yeah,cause the Bundesliga is the PL and Villas squad is as good as Dortmund...

That being said, he is failing at exactly what loads of people were suggesting he might, breaking down teams. So, whoever he gets in, I just can't see his ONE tactic being good enough for top 4 in the foreseeable future. I might be wrong, but I'm not.
How successful would Pep Guardiola be with exactly the same players/injuries and exactly the same number of games?

He'd win us the league by now right?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not even had a single window.

How many of these current Liverpool players would have made it in to his BVB side?

Sturridge, Coutinho and Clyne, if anyone. Maybe Moreno.

He's inherited a squad that is not strong enough and is filled with players that aren't what he is used to. I think he deserves until the end of next season to be properly judged properly.
Absolutely but there will still be expectations this season. If he does the same as Rodgers would have, or worse, then he and the board will be disappointed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not by me. Buying Benteke fcked us in the summer and I said it would then. Give Klopp shit to mould into golden trophies will only result in Jurgen getting squelchy poo on his hands and clothes.
Signing a one in two striker doesn't bum-feck anyone. Klopp's aim this season was always top 4, same as Rodgers.

Thisistheone

It's still early to judge but there is no doubting he's got one hell of a job on his hands. Looking at that Liverpool team and bench Saturday... Shockingly poor.

And what's up with Henderson? Long term injury concerns there perhaps?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It's still early to judge but there is no doubting he's got one hell of a job on his hands. Looking at that Liverpool team and bench Saturday... Shockingly poor.

And what's up with Henderson? Long term injury concerns there perhaps?
Injured his heel again, should be back soon (hopefully it won't be long until he's playing pain free). He's a big loss, our best midfielder by a mile.

lifted

Injured his heel again, should be back soon (hopefully it won't be long until he's playing pain free). He's a big loss, our best midfielder by a mile.
Isn't it a chronic condition so he will probably be in pain for the rest of his career?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Isn't it a chronic condition so he will probably be in pain for the rest of his career?
Dunno. There were rumours but they've been denied. The club say he's "over the worst of it" (according to Martin Tyler) and should make a full recovery.

Thisistheone

Definitely your best midfielder and also Klopp's kind of player, you'd have thought.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Definitely your best midfielder and also Klopp's kind of player, you'd have thought.
Aye. He gets a lot of stick from non-Liverpool fans but I think he's great. I'd like us to be at a level where he isn't our best midfielder but until we get to that level he's a big loss whenever he's out.

Rodgers has left our midfield options very unbalanced though. If everyone is fit I feel our midfield is too...samey. Only Lucas offers something other than a box-to-box midfield option, and he's not at the level he was a few years ago. Milner was a crap buy for that reason, he offered nothing we didn't already have.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
The key to the above tactic is: create chance -> score chance. And the key to that key is: buy the right players. He did at Dortmund for the large part and it worked. Even in his 'bad' season he turned it around spectacularly enough (for example like Villa now finishing 7th this season which no one in their right mind would believe is achieveable).
Because it's not :lol:

Klopp managed to end the season with a crumb of dignity but it's absolutely feck all like Villa finishing 7th from the situation they are currently in. Most people still expected Dortmund to finish around where they did even when they were bottom of the league, the team was far too good to not turn it around eventually. Villa simply do not have the quality to finish in the top ten even if we started the season afresh.

Godfather

Not by me. Buying Benteke fcked us in the summer and I said it would then. Give Klopp shit to mould into golden trophies will only result in Jurgen getting squelchy poo on his hands and clothes.
Crazy how much shit Benteke gets from you lot. Surely he's not all that. He's been pretty crap. He's not at fault for the other half of the shitness your squad consists of though.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Crazy how much shit Benteke gets from you lot. Surely he's not all that. He's been pretty crap. He's not at fault for the other half of the shitness your squad consists of though.
He is the new scapegoat. It used to be Gerrard,then Rodgers now it's Benteke.

Varun

Staff
Because it's not :lol:

Klopp managed to end the season with a crumb of dignity but it's absolutely feck all like Villa finishing 7th from the situation they are currently in. Most people still expected Dortmund to finish around where they did even when they were bottom of the league, the team was far too good to not turn it around eventually. Villa simply do not have the quality to finish in the top ten even if we started the season afresh.
That post boggled my mind but I didn't bother.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Do you guys not remember Villa winning back-to-back titles, a domestic double, finishing 2nd twice and reaching the CL final between 2011/12-2014/15?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp said in his pre-match interviews that Sturridge is not available tomorrow because...

He's been missing training sessions with some minor injury problems. This guy is surely taking the piss right now.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Anyone thinking he'd immediately raising their game would have be clutching at straws, I don't think he'll fully turn them into the competent side they once were this january or even next season. Its gonna be a long process for them.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Anyone thinking he'd immediately raising their game would have be clutching at straws, I don't think he'll fully turn them into the competent side they once were this january or even next season. Its gonna be a long process for them.
I don't think he'll do it at all. It'll take something truly miraculous for Liverpool to climb back up to the top tier because they've simply slid too far. They aren't the attractive prospect they once were, and no manager is going to convince the world's top players to go there whilst their Champions League Qualification hopes can be summed up as "maybe but probably not".

Bojan11

I don't get this it's not his squad excuse. Why sack Brenton then? Surely Klopp was brought in to get more out of the players. Not every manager who joins a new club is going to have their squad.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I don't think he'll do it at all. It'll take something truly miraculous for Liverpool to climb back up to the top tier because they've simply slid too far. They aren't the attractive prospect they once were, and no manager is going to convince the world's top players to go there whilst their Champions League Qualification hopes can be summed up as "maybe but probably not".
Well if they can't make it as a competent side, damn! :lol: Although you're right they have fallen so far behind.

I don't get this it's not his squad excuse. Why sack Brenton then? Surely Klopp was brought in to get more out of the players. Not every manager who joins a new club is going to have their squad.
Yeah, but he's more popular than Brenton so he'll get more leeway. At least for a while.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It's not that difficult, though. Rodgers had them on the verge of winning a title back in 2014. There's no guarantee Klopp will do it because he has an incredibly difficult task on his hands, but I don't think him being successful with Liverpool is necessarily any more difficult for him than doing it with Dortmund was. Certainly, he should be able to get them back into the top 4, and with the league's lack of quality among the top sides, going from top 4 to winning the title isn't as much of a jump as it once was. I mean, for all they've fallen, a couple more wins thus far and they'd almost be title contenders.

walkinhop

Doesn't matter what manager of what team if they still have the same set of players as the previous manager results will be much the same long term. At United we have average wide players at both Full back and attack no manager unless buying is going to make them better. At Liverpool there also is a lot of average players and limited in star men apart from Coutino.
I see, Leicester are with great players and changing their coach to Humpty Dumpty will not push them out of top 4. Yup, i get it now.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It's not that difficult, though. Rodgers had them on the verge of winning a title back in 2014. There's no guarantee Klopp will do it because he has an incredibly difficult task on his hands, but I don't think him being successful with Liverpool is necessarily any more difficult for him than doing it with Dortmund was. Certainly, he should be able to get them back into the top 4, and with the league's lack of quality among the top sides, going from top 4 to winning the title isn't as much of a jump as it once was. I mean, for all they've fallen, a couple more wins thus far and they'd almost be title contenders.
That was a complete freak of a season though. They had no European football, they got knocked out of the cups fairly early, they caught many teams off guard with the Klopp-like tactic, Suarez went from being a dangerous-but-not-that-threatening wide forward to a world beater, Sturridge miraculously stayed fit for more than two weeks, Chelsea, City, United and Everton all had new managers, and then Spurs replaced theirs with a PE teacher partway through the season.

Bayern, and to a much lesser extent Leverkusen and Schalke, have been the only teams over the last decade or so to show any sort of consistency at the top of German football. It's not unusual at all for a 'new' team to find themselves within a sniff of the Bundesliga title, especially if Bayern aren't at their best. For all the talk of the Premier League being poor at the top, it's incredibly competitive and Liverpool are still some way off the mark. Two wins now means nothing in the grand scheme of things and I fully expect that we'll see Liverpool finishing somewhere between 5th and 7th, along with Leicester. Doing it at Liverpool is far more difficult than doing it at Dortmund because the fact of the matter is that the Premier League is a tougher league. There's a reason we've seen just 5 different winners in its 25 year history, and with the best will in the world, I can't see Leicester, Spurs, Everton or Liverpool changing that any time soon. In fact, 3 of the 5 winners only won it because of some seriously high financial backing.

Lawman

I see, Leicester are with great players and changing their coach to Humpty Dumpty will not push them out of top 4. Yup, i get it now.
Your are letting your sarcasm miss the point, under Pearson they had the same form for the last dozen games and they stayed up. That's my point that you are clearly missing.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Exactly. Absolutely ridiculous how anyone could critisize him without been given the chance to build his own side.
Indeed. It's one of the worst Liverpool sides I've ever seen and I remember them signing duds like Nunez and the like. They have like 2 good players and that's being generous. The rest are utter crap.

walkinhop

Your are letting your sarcasm miss the point, under Pearson they had the same form for the last dozen games and they stayed up. That's my point that you are clearly missing.
To be fair, i think you are 50% right. It never is one or the other. The manager and the people around him are as important as the players. Average players can have the form of their lives because of good management and top-class players can flop. I understand what you are saying but i can't agree with it 100%.

Lawman

To be fair, i think you are 50% right. It never is one or the other. The manager and the people around him are as important as the players. Average players can have the form of their lives because of good management and top-class players can flop. I understand what you are saying but i can't agree with it 100%.
Yeah I get you but nowhere near 50% more like 80% in my own opinion. A great Manager will pull extra % in fine line situations that make the difference. But if you have average players like Liverpool have then Klopp isn't going to make swan out an ugly ducking. He needs time and afforded to buy 7-8 players. By the way United have more than their share of average players just now so not having a go at just Liverpool.

walkinhop

Yeah I get you but nowhere near 50% more like 80% in my own opinion. A great Manager will pull extra % in fine line situations that make the difference. But if you have average players like Liverpool have then Klopp isn't going to make swan out an ugly ducking. He needs time and afforded to buy 7-8 players. By the way United have more than their share of average players just now so not having a go at just Liverpool.
The more i think about it the more I feel like form>skill. I am probably influenced by the players who have come to United on top of great performances, just to show how badly they can drop. However, players like Hazard who most will agree is a fantastic player but is out of form, push me to believe that tactics less important these days, or at least compared to what they could mean given everything else is on par. The highly paid footballers look like benefit more from good motivator and a manager with person skills, hence the teams who do well are generally a good going happy group. Might be just a feeling though as i haven't really spent time fleshing my observations into a proper conclusion.

ZDwyr

Do his methods cause lots of injuries?
Maybe. I'd say that the change in training intensity is causing it though. That and the fact they have had a pretty hectic schedule. Once the players get familiar with the intensity they could be OK.

untitled_6899

He got his tactics right and it was impressive despite suffering some bad luck with the Coutinho and Lovren injuries

But they were helped by a diabolical Stoke performance, who were pitiful and Hughes was so slow at reacting to Liverpool's pressing game