Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is a clever man and has realized playing into the victim mentality of the club is going to go down well with the unwashed masses that lap all this shit up. It's either that or he's himself become a deluded, bitter wanker.
It needs repeating as 'victim' is too casually used ...

For years it's been attributed to Liverpool due to Hillsborough. That was what the victims stuff emanated from. That's the genesis of the label. Nothing else. Now that's been proven to be utterly false people think it ok to engineer other 'reasons' for its use. Fact is, it's a relic of Hillsborough and shouldn't be used casually as a stick to beat Liverpool with. Even if you use it in a totally unrelated way it's not appropriate as it's too synonymous with the lies and heartache around an event where innocent people died.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
It wouldn't be said if the team, fans and managers weren't always acting like they are the victim of a conspiracy. Until they stop acting like such and start accepting their faults and mistakes they'll always be seen as using victim mentality.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It needs repeating as 'victim' is too casually used ...
No it does not. You bringing up Hillsborough paints you in a pretty poor light and proves my point. There's nothing you won't do for a bit of point scoring eh. Doesn't surprise me though. Not the first time Liverpool fans and staff done this though so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But then to have the nerve to accuse others of doing the same takes the cake.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Shouldn't he now have to explain to the FA what he meant by the "without the offside rule" comment? Managers and players were asked to do that in recent past for publicly making similar sarcastic jokes (considered to be disrespectful towards the referees or the FA itself).
Only Jose gets punished by the FA. That's the memo I got, anyway. They're out to get him and ignore vile and disgusting off the cuff light hearted quips by terrible Germans.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Klopp is a clever man and has realized playing into the victim mentality of the club is going to go down well with the unwashed masses that lap all this shit up. It's either that or he's himself become a deluded, bitter wanker.
It works well initially but it starts to create a bitterness and negativity around the club after a while and fans and players start getting bored of the same arsey comments about opposition players, managers, fans or officials every time something doesn't go in their favour.

He seems to be trying to balance it by taking some blame himself but it comes across as sanctimonious.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
No it does not. You bringing up Hillsborough paints you in a pretty poor light and proves my point. There's nothing you won't do for a bit of point scoring eh. Doesn't surprise me though. Not the first time Liverpool fans and staff done this though so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. But then to have the nerve to accuse others of doing the same takes the cake.
So offering a reasonable and well established explanation (echoed by the HJC and families of the dead) is thrown back at me through accusations of further victim-wallowing. Genuinely can't win.

You are basically creating the conditions where complaining about this only adds fuel to your vexatious prejudice. It's not point scoring, it's informing so others don't repeat the ill-judged use of the word which has become toxic.

prtk0811

Eventually klopp found out his and his side's limitations against us. We have one step in the final already lets see if he can make it there , where there will be no draws and no excuses to fall on to.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So offering a reasonable and well established explanation (echoed by the HJC and families of the dead) is thrown back at me through accusations of further victim-wallowing. Genuinely can't win.

You are basically creating the conditions where complaining about this only adds fuel to your vexatious prejudice. It's not point scoring, it's informing so others don't repeat the ill-judged use of the word which has become toxic.
The word is perfectly fine. What's not fine is you bringing up Hillsborough as a point scoring exercise when no else has brought it up. It's quite pathetic in fact.

Your club, players, fans and managers have a history of playing the victim. There's an obvious trend here. If you want to ignore it find but stop bringing up Hillsborough. Need I remind you of the time when you celebrated a racist and slagged off the actual victim as a liar on your official website. Your club stinks. Deal with it.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Your club, players, fans and managers have a history of playing the victim.
Ok pal, you keep winning at the internet and fighting that good fight. A man's gotta have principles after all.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I'm sure the Hillsborough families are delighted that their tragedy is being used as a shaming tool in a debate about some silly things Jürgen Klopp said, or about a week ago in response to someone laughing at the Rafa Benitez oil painting. :houllier:

Can we go a week without Hillsborough being brought up in some twisted attempt to stop debate?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm sure the Hillsborough families are delighted that their tragedy is being used as a shaming tool in a debate about some silly things Jürgen Klopp said, or about a week ago in response to someone laughing at the Rafa Benitez oil painting. :houllier:

Can we go a week without Hillsborough being brought up in some twisted attempt to stop debate?
Principles man.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

I'm sure it's equally great that a silly nonsense debate has that toxic word unnecessarily attributed to it despite its significant and unpleasant connotations. There are plenty of other directions one could take when poking fun rather than the lazy one. It's a fair call.

It's not about exploiting a tragedy, it's about removing it from the minds eye during frivolous internet chat. Using that word, for me, brings it front and centre, which is not necessary and is why I've called it out.

lonelyred

Only Jose gets punished by the FA. That's the memo I got, anyway. They're out to get him and ignore vile and disgusting off the cuff light hearted quips by terrible Germans.
That is not true though. Many players and managers have been asked to do that in the past - it's FA's regular practice in such cases. The most recent one was Bacary Sagna. With his mocking comment, Klopp implied that in Liverpool's matches referees didn't apply laws of the game fairly - following FA's rules/practice, he should (and deserves a chance to) clarify his words - before being charged (or not) with putting game in disrepute or whatever.

Thisistheone

Long balls, Plymouth and this. It's been a bad start to 2017 for Klopp. Maybe he's feeling the pressure knowing that this season is his best shot at winning the league with all the other big teams in Europe (bar Chelsea, so a 2 horse race instead of 6)

Rafa style meltdown incoming before May? It's good timing he's got a home win nailed on today with the worst team in the league visiting Anfield.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I'm sure it's equally great that a silly nonsense debate has that toxic word unnecessarily attributed to it despite its significant and unpleasant connotations. There are plenty of other directions one could take when poking fun rather than the lazy one. It's a fair call.

It's not about exploiting a tragedy, it's about removing it from the minds eye during frivolous internet chat. Using that word, for me, brings it front and centre, which is not necessary and is why I've called it out.
It doesn't seem like you're fighting some injustice, it just seems like you're trying to shame someone and in the process stifle a debate. It's all very insincere.

Similar to you acting out Godwin's law in a discussion about Jose Mourinho a page back. Dragging a genocidal dictator into a debate about a football manager acting up on the sidelines.

Not a good Saturday morning so far. Perhaps less internet time needed for you.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
They play Swansea today so that's 3 points guaranteed at least.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
That is not true though. Many players and managers have been asked to do that in the past - it's FA's regular practice in such cases. The most recent one was Bacary Sagna. With his mocking comment, Klopp implied that in Liverpool's matches referees didn't apply laws of the game fairly - following FA's rules/practice, he should (and deserves a chance to) clarify his words - before being charged (or not) with putting game in disrepute or whatever.
I'm sure if Klopp came out with something anywhere near what mourinho said he would be sanctioned too.

Fact is he used a general term with the word "teams" think that's the difference. Sagna referred to the ref as did mourinho.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
A professional foul which was rightly a yellow. Does that allow him to then shove him? Firminio could and should have seen red. Yet you have the Pool fans crying about Herrera.
No it doesn't make it right.

One week on and nobody has mentioned Rooney's foul on Milner. Or if they have I haven't seen it.

;)

Mihai

It's been six days now with no league game since. Hardly obsessed. If he mentioned it at every opportunity for the remainder of the season you'll have a point.
He will moan about other things as well, I am sure of that.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
It doesn't seem like you're fighting some injustice, it just seems like you're trying to shame someone and in the process stifle a debate. It's all very insincere.

Similar to you acting out Godwin's law in a discussion about Jose Mourinho a page back. Dragging a genocidal dictator into a debate about a football manager acting up on the sidelines.

Not a good Saturday morning so far. Perhaps less internet time needed for you.
Ok. I'll wind my neck in if you agree to not spend your time unfurling your neck over a lot of stuff I comment on.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
What would Klopp say if this non-story actually came to something. "We didn't win our last game because the opposition scored a goal during a phase of play which saw them in an offside position". Ok, end of discussion.

AXVnee7

Is he going to use every press opportunity to slate us off? In the post match is one thing, but using the Plymouth and Swansea conferences is just disrespectful to the respective teams. He's showing a lot of bitterness now.

Plenty of decisions gone against Utd, but Jose has remained relatively quiet.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I lov how this is part of your response while arguing that Liverpool fans don't have a victim mentality.

montpelier

I'm not reading too much into this, the annoying bearded nutjob just wants his home crowd behind the team on the run-in. But handy isn't it, how they get to play all their major rivals (excluding us, obviously) at home in the 2nd half of the season under the Anfield lights. A cheating penalty-tastic wankers conspiracy put together at the highest level if ever I've seen one.

I think they'll do it & have lumped on Jimmy Milner to finish the season as their top scorer, :(.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Long balls, Plymouth and this. It's been a bad start to 2017 for Klopp. Maybe he's feeling the pressure knowing that this season is his best shot at winning the league with all the other big teams in Europe (bar Chelsea, so a 2 horse race instead of 6)

Rafa style meltdown incoming before May? It's good timing he's got a home win nailed on today with the worst team in the league visiting Anfield.
Hopefully, Liverpool were extremely good for the remainder of the season after Rafs's apparent rant. However, United were unbelievable. Regardless, I'd take the 08/09 run in right now.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
If you don't want to be pulled up for saying stupid stuff on a Man United forum, stop saying stupid stuff on a Man United forum.
If you don't want me to bring up my sincere (honestly were) concerns around fellow posters use of that word then maybe direct your dad routine towards those ignorant blerts.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I lov how this is part of your response while arguing that Liverpool fans don't have a victim mentality.
You are wrong.

Some people still believe the lies and slander. During the BBC's live commentry that day at something around 3.10pm they were reporting a mob and broke down the gates. Like Ive said some people still believe this no matter how much evidence verbal and visual is proved to be the truth.

The lies and slander and the cover up had it's shoes on whilst the truth was still asleep in bed.

By the way mate. You really don't know what mentality you would adapt until you have experienced what me and others experienced that day.

So please think before you post such shite.

Ta.