Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Matip is clearly the next Lucas in minds of the deranged scousers. One more injury or layoff and he'll be world class.
I always think its a weak argument when a lose is put down to one or two players. Fair enough if you are playing one of the top teams. They were playing a team who are bottom of the league. No excuses.

If you can't cope without two players at home against the team who is bottom it just means you aren't that good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It only seems a few weeks ago people were fretting that they were going to win the league, as they'd got all their tough games out the way, and didn't have Europe to distract them.

Now they're 4th, and rocking.

Long may it continue.

5th is ours :lol:

Peanut Butter

Anyone think that City will leapfrog them? When the CL starts again, Liverpool will surely reap the rewards.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone think that City will leapfrog them? When the CL starts again, Liverpool will surely reap the rewards.
Yep. I just want to get through this bad patch as quickly as possible. Every team has one. If we are still close enough to top four when Europe restarts then make a final push.

Peanut Butter

Liverpool fans (all Cockneys let me add) calling into talkSPORT saying that Klopp isn't learning from mistakes, keeps playing crap goal keepers and that they should have gone for Diego Simeone instead :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans (all Cockneys let me add) calling into talkSPORT saying that Klopp isn't learning from mistakes, keeps playing crap goal keepers and that they should have gone for Diego Simeone instead :lol:
All fanbases have their lunatics tbf.

lonelyred

I'm not defending what he said. I'm just pointing out it wasn't to the ref and therefore any manager can get away with it.
That's fair, and I agree it's not a big deal. But my question remains: if it wasn't to the ref, who it was to?

Actually, that's the whole point of being asked by the FA to explain a comment (which does not equal to being charged, so he should still walk away if it was innocent as you said).

By the way, complaining about referees indirectly, through sarcastic comments and snide little jokes is by no means better than doing it directly.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
To be fair anyone who rings talk sport is a dimwit

AXVnee7

There has to be people who ring talksport pretending to be rival fans to generate these funny moments. There's no way all of them are genuine

alanjohnson

Are you really a United fan?
yes, but it's precisely because I don't want to be this bitter annoying **** like most of my liverpool supporting 'friends' that i'm defending Klopp. I've never actually seen a liverpool fan in real life actually have good things to say about Sir Alex Ferguson (in no way am I comparing Klopp to him). They always came out with the same old stuff 'red nose' 'whiskey nose' 'taggart'...so of course seeing United fans comment on the appearance of Klopp in similar fashion is pretty damn low. Gotta disassociate myself from them. I thought we were classier than that lot.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
yes, but it's precisely because I don't want to be this bitter annoying **** like most of my liverpool supporting 'friends' that i'm defending Klopp. I've never actually seen a liverpool fan in real life actually have good things to say about Sir Alex Ferguson (in no way am I comparing Klopp to him). They always came out with the same old stuff 'red nose' 'whiskey nose' 'taggart'...so of course seeing United fans comment on the appearance of Klopp in similar fashion is pretty damn low. Gotta disassociate myself from them. I thought we were classier than that lot.
You think the allegiance to a football team defines a group's attitudes?

alanjohnson

You think the allegiance to a football team defines a group's attitudes?
Well it actually does especially in the case of liverpool fans. Keeping in mind the rivalry the clubs have.

my dad supported United in the George Best era. I have one uncle who supports Leeds from the same generation..and then the younger uncles who were mad Liverpool fans. They all raised their kids to be liverpool fans and likewise my dad talked me into supporting United even though he wasn't a die hard fan by any means.

Best bit is, I started supporting them in 92 because by that point I was a 7 yr old kid who loved my football, had been asked this by my uncles, but decided United having never really watched them play on TV either. Convenient for me that they became the most successful team at exactly that point. I knew nothing of the history either. My friends just happened to all support Liverpool and jumped on this point immediately. So when we played football they'd always play up, throw insults...trash talk about United.
I made another friend on my street who was like me, a United fan. Had all the posters, t-shirts etc. Suddenly before the 96 final he was wearing the green/white liverpool shirt.........and his immediate response to my surprised look was "LIVERPOOL ARE WAY BETTER, WE'VE WON MORE TROPHIES, WE HAVE BETTER PLAYERS, WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!!!"
the next time they came out in full force, it was a different set of mates in high school and Arsenal had just won the league. I honestly wasnt a die hard fan, but the constant remarks from all my liverpool supporting mates got me more into football. Even better that we followed up that season by winning the Treble.
Thing is nothing changed. Those same mates from primary, high school, they all came out in full force in recent years on facebook. I know other guys through work who are the same..and finally seeing the back and forth between redcafe and rawk forum cemented the fact that they really are the most deluded annoying fans in football.

i have a mate who's a die hard Leeds fan. Another from Moston who supports City..they'd make little comments but never in that dipper way.

Roosney

Well it actually does especially in the case of liverpool fans. Keeping in mind the rivalry the clubs have.

my dad supported United in the George Best era. I have one uncle who supports Leeds from the same generation..and then the younger uncles who were mad Liverpool fans. They all raised their kids to be liverpool fans and likewise my dad talked me into supporting United even though he wasn't a die hard fan by any means.

Best bit is, I started supporting them in 92 because by that point I was a 7 yr old kid who loved my football, had been asked this by my uncles, but decided United having never really watched them play on TV either. Convenient for me that they became the most successful team at exactly that point. I knew nothing of the history either. My friends just happened to all support Liverpool and jumped on this point immediately. So when we played football they'd always play up, throw insults...trash talk about United.
I made another friend on my street who was like me, a United fan. Had all the posters, t-shirts etc. Suddenly before the 96 final he was wearing the green/white liverpool shirt.........and his immediate response to my surprised look was "LIVERPOOL ARE WAY BETTER, WE'VE WON MORE TROPHIES, WE HAVE BETTER PLAYERS, WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!!!"
the next time they came out in full force, it was a different set of mates in high school and Arsenal had just won the league. I honestly wasnt a die hard fan, but the constant remarks from all my liverpool supporting mates got me more into football. Even better that we followed up that season by winning the Treble.
Thing is nothing changed. Those same mates from primary, high school, they all came out in full force in recent years on facebook. I know other guys through work who are the same..and finally seeing the back and forth between redcafe and rawk forum cemented the fact that they really are the most deluded annoying fans in football.

i have a mate who's a die hard Leeds fan. Another from Moston who supports City..they'd make little comments but never in that dipper way.
1892? And is your dad called "Jonno"?

VanGaalEra

Only team to lose in 3 of my accas (included a 15 fold acca, 9 fold acca and a 5 fold acca).

Cost me around £500 :lol:

Fridge chutney

To be fair, none of the LFC support on here predicted or believed that they would win the league this season. In fact, they've been consistently bearish about their prospects. I know, because I predicted Liverpool would win the league (because of no Europe) and was challenged by Liverpool and united supporters alike. Not sure if it was this thread or a different one.

I think they'll make Europe, especially as they strengthen with the return of Mane and a match-sharp Coutinho. But it won't be as straightforward as many on here, myself included, first believed.

Thisistheone

I'm not surprised they are a little tired, but it doesn't seem to be affecting their pressing much, they had incredible kms run stats over the holiday period despite 3 games in 143 hrs.
The kms run stat is meaningless unless it's done with the same intensity as earlier in the season. And after 3 games in 143hrs that is bound to drop, which might explain your recent drop in performances and results.

Klopp's method has never been a success in the England league yet so you can't blame us for having doubts (hoping it fails.) I was very worried about you guys at one point but now hoping the posters on here who predicted that the intensity couldn't be sustained, might have been onto something.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
They are not wrong.

Why does Matip not start?

They needed clearance on his playing status. They got it. But more importantly

Why for the love of god is he not starting Lallana in midfield?

Their whole game is based around him winning balls, transitioning quickly, and overlapping/overloading with the front three. He has 23 games in midfield, seven goals/six assists. Another 8-9 in the front three with no goals or assists and the whole team looks like poop every time. If you took away everything Lallana is good at and stuck his feet in cement you got Emre Can. Can is even a worse defender than Lallana.

If Trump is on a mission to make America great again, Can must be on a mission to make English football great again, cause he makes Lallana look like a mix of Messi and Alonso.

Origi and Sturridge are positively crap, but they are at least equal to Can in his position, so there is not even a gain playing your most important system player out of position.

At least there is an article now, that Klopp is looking at winter transfers, so he must have recognised that shit is about to hit the kop and klopp.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
The kms run stat is meaningless unless it's done with the same intensity as earlier in the season. And after 3 games in 143hrs that is bound to drop, which might explain your recent drop in performances and results.

Klopp's method has never been a success in the England league yet so you can't blame us for having doubts (hoping it fails.) I was very worried about you guys at one point but now hoping the posters on here who predicted that the intensity couldn't be sustained, might have been onto something.
Stats are not everything without context. What had been more crucial for us during the holiday period is these kms have not been covered by the likes of Matip, Coutinho, Lallana, Henderson and Mane like they were earlier in the season.

Too many kms by Can and Klavan for my liking. We really don't have decent cover for the above players when they're out.

Thisistheone

Stats are not everything without context. What had been more crucial for us during the holiday period is these kms have not been covered by the likes of Matip, Coutinho, Lallana, Henderson and Mane like they were earlier in the season.

Too many kms by Can and Klavan for my liking. We really don't have decent cover for the above players when they're out.
I guess that's what you're clinging to as a pool fan, that it's not burnout just 2 or 3 key players missing which then makes the whole side press as intense as earlier in the season.

I've seen stuff on twitter lately about Klopp doing double and triple training sessions earlier in the season which is now catching up with the squad. Any truth or just bollocks? (Seems to have come from an Everton fan so I can probably guess ;))

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I guess that's what you're clinging to as a pool fan, that it's not burnout just 2 or 3 key players missing which then makes the whole side press as intense as earlier in the season.

I've seen stuff on twitter lately about Klopp doing double and triple training sessions earlier in the season which is now catching up with the squad. Any truth or just bollocks? (Seems to have come from an Everton fan so I can probably guess ;))
Not seen anything about extra training on the Liverpool forums I frequent. Dec to Jan was always going to be a killer period for us regardless of fitness or over training. We knew this was coming and we just need to ride it out until Feb.

I'm not worried about burning out just yet as our key players (and it's more than 2 or 3) have had large periods of rest due to injuries as mentioned.

VanGaalEra

LVG after 81 PL games: 41 wins with a 50.6% win ratio.

Klopp after 81 PL games: 41 wins with a 50.6% win ratio.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Think it might have been all comps, if not then twitter BS :lol:
yeah it seems about right for all comps as we played lots of cup games last season. TBH I don't think its that bad % for either manager. Admittedly not a good one either but opinion on both manager is skewed by the fact that LVG's football was poor and Klopps lost two finals.

For example if Mourinho has a similar or even higher win %, while continuing to play better football, BUT finishes 5th or 6th the way those stats will be interrupted will differ from the way they would have been if LVG had continued as your manager.

Similarly if Klopp wins a cup and finishes top 4 but keep roughly the same win % as last season he will be viewed as a success.