Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Djemba-Djemba

Nor is his overriding legacy that slip. It's possibly the most enjoyable moment for opposition fans but he's an all time great of the game. By virtue of the slip being a 'thing' you're also acknowledging the man and the legend who did it. It wouldn't be quite the 'thing' had it been Jon Flanagan.
Gerrard saying "This does not slip" and then proceeding to slip added quite a lot to the hilarity I'd say.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Gerrard saying "This does not slip" and then proceeding to slip added quite a lot to the hilarity I'd say.
Of course it did. Rivals love it. Quite right. What's football tribalism for if not to indulge in the occasional schadenfreude.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
So what has he done that makes you feel he belongs alongside the cruyffs and maradonas of this world?
He often carried a very big club for years through thick and thin, did wonderful things on the pitch of sublime brilliance regularly and for many seasons, scored in all major final competitions both domestically and in Europe, won over 100 caps, could play in most positions and still be the best player on the pitch, holds records for one of Europe's most decorated clubs and is regarded by his peers at home and abroad as a wonderful footballer - that includes greats of the game.

Look, I'm not trying to convince you as I suspect I won't. But I'm not sure I'm for turning either. He's a great of the game.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He often carried a very big club for years through thick and thin, did wonderful things on the pitch of sublime brilliance regularly and for many seasons, scored in all major final competitions both domestically and in Europe, won over 100 caps, could play in most positions and still be the best player on the pitch, holds records for one of Europe's most decorated clubs and is regarded by his peers at home and abroad as a wonderful footballer - that includes greats of the game.

Look, I'm not trying to convince you as I suspect I won't. But I'm not sure I'm for turning either. He's a great of the game.
1. While Liverpool is definitely a very big club it wasn't a very successful club in Gerrard's time, which is what matters. You won't say that someone carrying Nottingham Forrest is an all-time great because it's a historically great club
2. Which positions can he play and be the best player on the pitch apart from a free-roaming attacking midfielder? Don't say right back please.

And if you compare his "regularity" of sublime brilliance to the true all-time greats, you'll see the difference.

So that you won't call me overly biased, although I obviously have an anti-Liverpool bias, I won't call Scholes an all-time great; or Giggs or Rooney for that matter, who also hold most of the United records - and not only United have been a big club, it was the most successful side in the country (and one of in Europe) in the time they played in it.

When you compare Gerrard to Matthäus, or Breitner, or Falcão, you'll see the significant gulp in class, and that's what separate simply great players from an all-time greats.

goons

Supports
Arsenal
Very weird anyone would call Gerrard an all time great. He's not even among the best 100 players who played football so it makes zero sense.

Great player though.

RedCurry

Redmond is really coming well. Wonder what are the odds on him transferring to liverpool. Should be a quick buck.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Liverpool haven't scored a goal against Southampton in 3 games, at least that's what I read.

Peanut Butter

Who has been the most cocky Liverpool fan here this season?

You just know, KNOW Pool will always feck it up.

Was far too early to be gifting themselves the title!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Commentator on my stream said:"Finally Klopp loses a semi final game."

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When did Liverpool last win a game?
Plymouth
*shamelessly stolen from someone who just posted it in the match-thread*

Liverpool's form since the turn of the year: DLDWLL. That one win? 1-0 against Plymouth

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
What was Karius doing for the goal? Rushed out and got beat at his near post. Terrible

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They won't get top 4.
I think we will. Mane will be back soon and European football will impact four of the top six.

This is our blip. The same blip that United, City and Spurs have had. We'll recover in a few weeks.