Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rafateria

You are also hypocrite then for saying Jose was moaning and on the other hand you are very supportive of Klopp's interview about fixture congestion.

On the actual topic, not sure how we would have done with out all the extra games as it's too much guess game, our finishing was woeful and let us down this season, something that needs serious addressing post season.
Wrong actually. I wasn't critical of Mourinho moaning per se. I was critical of those posters who thought it OK for Mourinho to moan but not Klopp. Were you one of them ? I don't remember at all but surely you can see the truth in that.

re. Your attack. Pre-season I thought it may be an issue for you (and as expected was decried for that opinion), with Rooney clearly in decline, though I certainly didn't foresee Martial spending so much time on the bench and his drop in form. I didn't think Ibra was going to be the hit he clearly was, he has obviously saved your season in that regard (though maybe you'd have spent a fortune in January buying a replacement had he not been the superstar he obviously is), and he was such a massive absence for you at a critical time of the season (so you can appreciate how we have also missed Sturridge for most of the season).

So how are you going to replace him next season ? Or will he be given a new contract ?

Last edited:

Rafateria

Since Boxing Day we have played 35 games compared to your 25. That's 21 weeks ago which equates to playing around 3150 minutes compared to your 2250, 40% more game time. In that time we have also had away trips to France, Russia and Belgium to deal with. The fatigue travelling causes and the total disruption to weekend match preparation time.

What's this about bigger squad anyway? We've got the same amount of players. Do you mean better?
Why are you adding in matches in December to bolster your claim when all the conversation has been about the second half of the season, January onwards ? Which remains at an extra 2 games a month with a much larger squad to compensate.

Travel to France or Belgium (a mere few extra minutes flying time to say Southampton or London) causes extra fatigue ? :D We played in the EL last season - I'm quite aware what 2 games a week means to weekend preparation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wrong actually. I wasn't critical of Mourinho moaning per se. I was critical of those posters who thought it OK for Mourinho to moan but not Klopp. Were you one of them ? I don't remember at all but surely you can see the truth in that.

re. Your attack. Pre-season I thought it may be an issue for you (and as expected was decried for that opinion), with Rooney clearly in decline, though I certainly didn't foresee Martial spending so much time on the bench and his drop in form. I didn't think Ibra was going to be the hit he clearly was, he has obviously saved your season in that regard (though maybe you'd have spent a fortune in January buying a replacement had he not been the superstar he obviously is), and he was such a massive absence for you at a critical time of the season (so you can appreciate how we have also missed Sturridge for most of the season).

So how are you going to replace him next season ? Or will he be given a new contract ?
Talking about Sturridge being injured is like talking about Hargreaves and Jones. If you plan your season depending on players like Sturridge then it's being stupid imo.

Also maybe Klopp don't rate the player as high as Liverpool fans? He was in match day squad for 26 league games, unused sub in 7 games, started only 6 games and came on as a sub in 13 games.

re ManUtd attack, I'm very much sure Ibrahimovic won't be a ManUtd player and we will sign new striker.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why are you adding in matches in December to bolster your claim when all the conversation has been about the second half of the season, January onwards ? Which remains at an extra 2 games a month with a much larger squad to compensate.

Travel to France or Belgium (a mere few extra minutes flying time to say Southampton or London) causes extra fatigue ? :D We played in the EL last season - I'm quite aware what 2 games a week means to weekend preparation.

I was going by when the fixture congestion started for both teams, if you want to remove them, it stands at 33/23 meaning we've had 44% more game time than you. You're being deliberately obtuse about travel time and the disruption it causes to weekend preparations and as the conversation is about how much those extra games can effect a teams chances of top four it's good of you to point out that you came 8th last season while trying to juggle multiple competitions and likely 4th this season when you scrapped them.

You still haven't explained what you mean by our "bigger squad" either.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Jeez, talk about making a meal of nothing.

Of course 4th is a big as a trophy for us. It's huge. We're at that stage now.

Danny Murphy was asked if United had a great season if they won the EL, and he said it would be a good season, but not a great season because we expect united to compete for titles. Or something along those lines, was on MOTD3 or something.

Anyway, I think think that's utter bullshit. Because that's not who United are right now. If you ask me, if you win the EL it's a great season, irrelevant if past seasons you have expected titles, we're talking about the now. And right now, 2 trophies and CL football would be an insane season for you.

So for us, and how shit we have been since Rafas 7th season, yes. 4th is as big as winning a trophy.

I mean in 2012 we won the LC, and didn't come 4th. You trying to tell me that would be on par with us finishing top four? Get outa here LMAO.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Since Boxing Day we have played 35 games compared to your 25. That's 21 weeks ago which equates to playing around 3150 minutes compared to your 2250, 40% more game time. In that time we have also had away trips to France, Russia and Belgium to deal with. The fatigue travelling causes and the total disruption to weekend match preparation time.

What's this about bigger squad anyway? We've got the same amount of players. Do you mean better?
I'd say United comfortably have a better squad in terms of depth. First XI wise, I think Liverpool have been better this season. Don't think that's too controversial.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd say United comfortably have a better squad in terms of depth. First XI wise, I think Liverpool have been better this season. Don't think that's too controversial.

De Gea

Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Milner

Herrera - Pogba - Lallana

Firmino - Zlatan - Coutinho

I think that's pretty hard to argue with personally.

Rafateria

I was going by when the fixture congestion started for both teams, if you want to remove them, it stands at 33/23 meaning we've had 44% more game time than you. You're being deliberately obtuse about travel time and the disruption it causes to weekend preparations and as the conversation is about how much those extra games can effect a teams chances of top four it's good of you to point out that you came 8th last season while trying to juggle multiple competitions and likely 4th this season when you scrapped them.

You still haven't explained what you mean by our "bigger squad" either.
33/24 actually and as I said, that's an extra 2 games per month regardless of your use of percentages to try to obfuscate how that's translates.

Travel time : I've already said 'I'm quite aware what 2 games a week means to weekend preparation'. What I strongly disagree with is that trips involving flying from Manchester to France (1 hr 45 mins) and Belgium (1 hr 30 mins) (or even Spain too I might add - at 2 hrs) means 'added fatigue' which is what you stated. That's hilarious and I think you know that. The single game in Russia is another case entirely. Those matches are generally no different to playing any PL match involving air or long coach travel with overnight stays - in both cases the team returns right after the match.

Missed your Q. re 'bigger'. I could have phrased that far better and said 'far more depth in quality'. And by that I mean on another planet since United regularly have well over £100m (or much more) of talent on the bench, compare that to one of our recent benches (for a PL game) where the average age was 19 yrs old. That's what the most expensive squad in history buys you, depth to cover the extra matches and an extensive injury list.

Of course this will now open that whole can of worms on our squad depth which I'll try to preempt as the less, I'll use the word 'cognisant', posters will now certainly scream 'that was your choice', and whilst of course it was, it was also savvy in the circumstances and the depth of our injury crisis could hardly have been foreseen even if Mane's absence in January was.

Rafateria

De Gea

On paper I'd agree with that except with Matip for Rojo. However we all know that how good a 'team' is is not dictated by the reputation or value of its constituents.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
The Fair Play league, another victory for Klopp! That's 2 cups in 1 season then? Makes United's performance start to pale.
They also won the Mark Lawrenson prediction league going unbeaten, the finishing above United trophy and don't forget they might win the super elite top 4 cup.

Ironically they didn't win their own made up league table that they rigged so they would win, which is absolutely hilarious.

KN5

You really are super sad, stop crying over how many games both teams have played, we've won things this season, you havent, we're in a European final, you're not, we attract players you guys could only dream of, in the end it all comes down to wednesday, if we win we've had a more successful season, if not then there's an argument for sure providing you get top 4. However, regardless of what happens we're still able to attract world class talent without UCL football whereas you guys can't even afford to attract that WITH UCL football. Liverpool have dropped into irrelevance a long time ago now, don't act like you guys are relevant now because you're scraping top 4.

I'm sure you're going to try worm your away out with a bunch of useless statistics so I'll just save you the trouble now, take a look at both our clubs, there's a very genuine and obvious difference, the model of our club is a lot different to yours, not only that, it's a lot more reliable than yours. You're kind of like Spurs in that regard, except they're a mile ahead of you. Save your little fingers and really think about why your club is so poor and had been for many seasons now. It's not just a fluke when you consistently do not win season after season.

Rafateria

You really are super sad, stop crying over how many games both teams have played, we've won things this season, you havent, we're in a European final, you're not, we attract players you guys could only dream of, in the end it all comes down to wednesday, if we win we've had a more successful season, if not then there's an argument for sure providing you get top 4. However, regardless of what happens we're still able to attract world class talent without UCL football whereas you guys can't even afford to attract that WITH UCL football. Liverpool have dropped into irrelevance a long time ago now, don't act like you guys are relevant now because you're scraping top 4.

I'm sure you're going to try worm your away out with a bunch of useless statistics so I'll just save you the trouble now, take a look at both our clubs, there's a very genuine and obvious difference, the model of our club is a lot different to yours, not only that, it's a lot more reliable than yours. You're kind of like Spurs in that regard, except they're a mile ahead of you. Save your little fingers and really think about why your club is so poor and had been for many seasons now. It's not just a fluke when you consistently do not win season after season.
A long ranting off-topic post. Pretty sad you feel you need to validate your club and your season..

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

That's a lot of words to just say "I think Liverpool are irrelevant". I guess when you're expressing such a sentiment loads of words proves it; you've got to really emphasise the irrelevance. That way people get it.

KN5

That's a lot of words to just say "I think Liverpool are irrelevant". I guess when you're expressing such a sentiment loads of words proves it; you've got to really emphasise the irrelevance. That way people get it.
I don't need to do that, Liverpool surely take care of that every season, it's just frustrating when fans of such mediocre clubs like Liverpool and Spurs often hype up because they're had a decent top 4 run in. Surely in the short term future our team will push them back into mid table where especially Liverpool belong.

KN5

A long ranting off-topic post. Pretty sad you feel you need to validate your club and your season..
It's pretty relevant, you're like some of the spurs fans on this forum board and it's truly delusional for you to think some things you do, I actually don't know why I don't have you blocked, going to go and do that now, I'm sure you'll be banned again soon, seems like half the heads here don't enjoy putting up with your uselessness.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
They also won the Mark Lawrenson prediction league going unbeaten, the finishing above United trophy and don't forget they might win the super elite top 4 cup.
Unfortunately despite us picking up 3 crossbar hits last week I think you've taken our "Hitting the woodwork most" crown, so it's swings and roundabouts. Win some, lose some.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
I don't need to do that, Liverpool surely take care of that every season, it's just frustrating when fans of such mediocre clubs like Liverpool and Spurs often hype up because they're had a decent top 4 run in. Surely in the short term future our team will push them back into mid table where especially Liverpool belong.
Ok Mr Football. Thanks for establishing where we all stand. I'll send the email asking all fans of these teams to stop bothering.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Unfortunately despite us picking up 3 crossbar hits last week I think you've taken our "Hitting the woodwork most" crown, so it's swings and roundabouts. Win some, lose some.
Well, we don't count non-trophies as trophies like Liverpool does so it's more like apples and bears, completely different.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
Well, we don't count non-trophies as trophies like Liverpool does so it's more like apples and bears, completely different.
No sane football fan counts any of those things as trophies. I mention sane as to exclude 75% of Rawk before you say it! :)

KN5

Ok Mr Football. Thanks for establishing where we all stand. I'll send the email asking all fans of these teams to stop bothering.
I mean, the recent history of our clubs proves my points, doesn't take Mr football to establish that, off back to irrelevance while we're winning things, enjoy your 4th place trophy Mr klopp lover. I can make up names too.

Lizard

Supports
Liverpool
There's no need to use statistics, we can just move back to summer, when Man United were considered the most likely champions going into the new season, with incredible hype, dabbing, not to mention the glorious #Pogback and an amazing world class rap song that came alongside.
Meanwhile, most predictions at the time would put Liverpool in the 6th place.

Looking at the table at the end of the season, you didn't exactly exceed all expectations.
Winning all the trophies is the only thing that counts for a club of such magnitude as yours, with PL title and win in the CL final being the only goals worthy or pursuit, and everything else being quite secondary.
And I also agree that your model is so much more reliable than ours, so all in all these facts (for lack of a better term) only put more question marks on your performance, manager, investment etc., rather than can be used as some sort of argument against our success. It's not even a competition, is it? Knowing full well our model is absolute shit, we are performing absolute miracles with what we got.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Easy for Liverpool this. No way they let 4th place slip against an awful Boro team.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
De Gea

When Milner is the best LB available to United & Liverpool :lol::(

SER19

I assume he'll be out bitching and moaning non stop about the stonewall red card and penalty not given to boro just now?