Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
But what will Klopp the magnificent do next season with all the games? Full prem league season, both domestic cups, and CL with all that brings of mid week games and the travel etc.

Plus they will have to be sharp and up to speed a bit earlier than usual to be sure of being competitive and actually qualifying for the CL. (When is the qualifying date anyway?).

There is no way that they will be able to compete on all fronts, so it will be interesting to see if they give up the league cup right from the start with weakened teams or kids etc, and as the season goes on, they will realise that they aren't going to win the CL (although I'm sure some of them will think they can) and will panic that they are struggling to be in the top 4 positions. Then what? Do they give up the CL to make sure they have a chance of top 4 again?

I for one don't see them having any success next season at all, unless they put everything into a domestic cup as the other top sides all have Europe and the extra games too, so may have to go easy in the cups which would give other teams more chance of cup success.

I foresee plenty of fun next season as Klopp and all the fans slowly realise around the Xmas- February period that they aren't going to get out of this circle they are in year after year of being just not quite good enough.

Unless Klopp and Liverpool can buy better players in the summer and have a better squad than us, spurs, arsenal city and chelsea, then they will stay pretty much where they are. It would do them good to put everything into winning the League cup or FA cup next year, as it will at least give them a trophy and a win, as the league and CL are way out of their reach.

Whatever Klopp does, he will have to manage and pretty much give up on some competitions at various stages of the season.

Good luck Klopp and Liverpool.
Is that the same crystal ball that you all used last time round to tell us we'd be lucky to finish top 6? At the end of the day everything you have put down are ifs, buts, and maybes, basically an exercise in confirmation bias.

You have enough problems of your own to contend with: 1 goal away from home vs the rest of the top six, your 2 best players are 35 year olds one of which is likely never to play for you again, a keeper that will leave for Real Madrid most likely.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Considering they've often been a "big game team" since Klopp arrived, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up knocking out Real Madrid or something in the Champions League before losing 3-0 to Burnley at home on the Saturday.

Irrational.

May I be one of the first to tip my hat off to a magnificent Liverpool. The bastions of fair play, morality, hitting the woodwork and net spend, playing a brand of football that the titans of football can only dream of. A front line that contains a player with the whitest teeth in world football - Cristiano who? A defence with the evergreen James Milner and the colossus Joel Matip, who was way too good for the Africa Cup of Nations. Everything was against them this season. Injuries, that offside Valencia goal, the wind, the population of Plymouth, refs, linesmen, the FA and of course fixture congestion. With a humongous 15 games from February to May, the odds were stacked against them. Having all this rest between games and so many days off is actually a disadvantage. "Fourth position" actually sounds like "first position" if you have a lisp. Just imagine how many more Southampton players they can attract with fourth in the bag.

Today I am convinced more than ever that next year will be their year with one of the best and charismatic managers in world football, Jurgen Klopp at the helm. I look forward to all the jumping, screaming, maniacal laughing, muscle tensing and flying glasses on the touchline. The ear drums of the assistant refs won't know what hit them.

Well deserved.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
May I be one of the first to tip my hat off to a magnificent Liverpool. The bastions of fair play, morality, hitting the woodwork and net spend, playing a brand of football that the titans of football can only dream of. A front line that contains a player with the whitest teeth in world football - Cristiano who? A defence with the evergreen James Milner and the colossus Joel Matip, who was way too good for the Africa Cup of Nations. Everything was against them this season. Injuries, that offside Valencia goal, the wind, the population of Plymouth, refs, linesmen, the FA and of course fixture congestion. With a humongous 15 games from February to May, the odds were stacked against them. Having all this rest between games and so many days off is actually a disadvantage. Fourth position is actually sounds like first if you have a lisp. Just imagine how many more Southampton players they can attract with fourth in the bag.

Today I am convinced more than ever that next year will be their year with one of the best and charismatic managers in world football, Jurgen Klopp at the helm. I look forward to all the jumping, screaming, maniacal laughing, muscle tensing and flying glasses on the touchline. The ear drums of the assistant refs won't know what hit them.

Well deserved.
:lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can see Liverpool doing well in the Champions League, but Klopp is now more than halfway through the length of Wenger's trophy dry spell.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
May I be one of the first to tip my hat off to a magnificent Liverpool. The bastions of fair play, morality, hitting the woodwork and net spend, playing a brand of football that the titans of football can only dream of. A front line that contains a player with the whitest teeth in world football - Cristiano who? A defence with the evergreen James Milner and the colossus Joel Matip, who was way too good for the Africa Cup of Nations. Everything was against them this season. Injuries, that offside Valencia goal, the wind, the population of Plymouth, refs, linesmen, the FA and of course fixture congestion. With a humongous 15 games from February to May, the odds were stacked against them. Having all this rest between games and so many days off is actually a disadvantage. "Fourth position" actually sounds like "first position" if you have a lisp. Just imagine how many more Southampton players they can attract with fourth in the bag.

Well deserved.
You ok hun?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Look at the state of the Liverpool posters in here, just imagine how insufferable they would be if they actually won something.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
Is that the same crystal ball that you all used last time round to tell us we'd be lucky to finish top 6? At the end of the day everything you have put down are ifs, buts, and maybes, basically an exercise in confirmation bias.

You have enough problems of your own to contend with: 1 goal away from home vs the rest of the top six, your 2 best players are 35 year olds one of which is likely never to play for you again, a keeper that will leave for Real Madrid most likely.
Most of the things I said are based purely on common sense. You don't have the squad or players at the moment to compete on all fronts, so you will need to pretty much pick two competitions to go all out in. That would be CL and the league I'd imagine.

You wont win the CL even if you do have a great run in it, and if you do go all out for it, it will hinder your top 4 attempts.

Circle.

As for our problems, I'm thinking most of you LFC fans wouldn't mind having the same problems...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Loving the comments in here. No way Liverpool were tipped to finish top 4 back in August by people here. Now the odds have been overcome it's reverted to making fun of Liverpool for doing something nobody predicted.

Delicious.
In fairness there were a lot of people that tipped them to win the league after a couple of months, and many of them are the ones legitimately pointing out how much of a fall back from that position this is, and how weak the subsequent celebrations are. It's nice to paint vast swathes of people with the most extreme opposing opinion but the reality is quite different.

Flying_Heckfish

Well deserved.
Bravo, sir.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Are Southampton and Crystal Palace in the Champions League next season? Oh God, please tell me they're not. :nervous:

Walters_19_MuFc

Need four or five signings for their starting XI and they could be a big problem next season.

A creative midfielder, a left back, a forward, a centre back and possibly a goalkeeper.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Feck me, If you strain any harder you'll shit your teeth out.

Tango80

Next season will be more difficult for them, you cant have 2 games a week running around the way they do.

Zoo

There will be a lot of toasts to Martin Atkinson in Liverpool this evening.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
Look at the state of the Liverpool posters in here, just imagine how insufferable they would be if they actually won something.
Tell me about it. Thing is, I'd guess most of us on here are quite happy with them having so many games again as it will hinder them on all fronts. As I say, Klopp has to decide early to be brave and throw the towel in on the domestic cups (at least the league cup), or go all out for a domestic cup and give up a little on the league. Sounds a bit black and white or over the top, but if they don't choose early and stick with their decision, they will just be average on all fronts. Just no point in that for them.

Lets see who they sign and then it may become more obvious as to what they can realistically go for.

What will Klopp decide to do?

Fridge chutney

United fell well short of expectations this season. I don't think even the most optimistic fan can argue otherwise.

Liverpool just about met expectations. With all the hype around Klopp and Liverpool's early season form, 4th should be expected.

With that said, even in our most dire of seasons, we will walk away with a league cup and hopefully Europa league + CL football. Not too shabby, at the end of the day. If we lose the Europa league, it will have been a dreadful season and LFC supporters can rightfully laugh at us.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
But there are several other cups to go for next season which would spell success:-
-League Cup Semi Finalists Cup
-FA Cup Semi Finalists Cup
-Any Cup Quarter Finalists Cup
-PL Top 4 Cup
-PL Top 7 Cup
-PL Top Half Cup
-ECL Group Stage Emergers Shield
-WAGs DD Cup
-End of Season Party Golden Chalice
:D

Watch them win the CL now and finish above us in the league again :nervous:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Well deserved.
:lol:
Is that you, Johnno? ;)

TheBiggest

Well done Klopp. Target met.

Liverpool fans though. :lol: This'll set them up for one helluva fall. The expectancy should NOT be high at that club next season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Second after 18 games played, only had to play one game a week since January. Still only managed to scrape in to 4th place. Hardly a magnificent second half of the season.
By no mean a magnificent end, but we (or at least I) didn't expect that to be the case. At the start of the season we were the shittest squad (our fault for years of poor large purchasing or quiet transfer windows). With the state the other squads were in we should be ones finishing one place above Everton.

In our last 6 games - aka the bottle job phase - we got 13 points out of 18. Kept a clean sheet in 5 of those 6 games and saw off a late flawless surge from Arsenal which in all honesty I was not expecting. The relief is palpable. We have just about scraped a chance to improve our squad with the lure of CL football.