Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Rafateria

Need four or five signings for their starting XI and they could be a big problem next season.

A creative midfielder, a left back, a forward, a centre back and possibly a goalkeeper.
We don't need another creative midfielder however we do need a wide midfielder (left sided Mane), a defence minded midfielder (kneels and prays for Naby Keita), at least one LB, at least one forward (two if Sturridge or Ings or both leave), and a CB. Mignolet has actually played well and come on a bomb the second half of this season and I'm pretty sure Klopp is happy enough with hm and Karius, or at least much lower priority (though I'd go all out for Butland).
Finished with 4 straight clean sheets (won 8 drew 3 lost 1 of last 12) and we had only 4 teams with better defensive records in the end. A new CB and LB could improve on that.

GrandJury

Liverpool came 4th because United and Arsenal flopped in the league this season.

They'll flop in the Champions League.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool came 4th because United and Arsenal flopped in the league this season.
75 points is the highest points total ever for 4th place. We didn't exactly get it by default.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Well done Klopp. Target met.

Liverpool fans though. :lol: This'll set them up for one helluva fall. The expectancy should NOT be high at that club next season.
What a ridiculous comment, Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world, the expectation levels are always high and so it should be.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
On another note, it'll be interesting to see who they sign in the summer. Talks of Talisca and Van Dijk.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Hats off to JK. Yes this season as so many in the recent past was littered with frustrations. However I think that JK's time here has been positive. He has made inroads into overhauling the squad. We have reached two cup finals in his first 8 months in charge and achieved 4th this season. He has had a net spend which in todays market is impressive. I expect a string of signings with further slew of departures.

Zii

Hats off to JK. Yes this season as so many in the recent past was littered with frustrations. However I think that JK's time here has been positive. He has made inroads into overhauling the squad. We have reached two cup finals in his first 8 months in charge and achieved 4th this season. He has had a net spend which in todays market is impressive. I expect a string of signings with further slew of departures.

So if we chop through all the mess, basically, he has come 4th.

Acole9

Outstanding
I don't get this piss taking about the top four like winning a trophy, it's true. It's a big achievement to finish in the top four now. There are two big sides which are going to miss out every season now and it's not going to be a given for anyone.

Peanut Butter

I don't get this piss taking about the top four like winning a trophy, it's true. It's a big achievement to finish in the top four now. There are two big sides which are going to miss out every season now and it's not going to be a given for anyone.
In YOUR opinion. In MY opinion, a top 4 finish isn't like winning silverware.

We finished 4th two seasons back. Liverpool did three seasons back. Who cares? Neither of us even contested the thing when we did qualify.

Finishing the odd season in the CL means nowt. Nothing. That goes for Utd as well.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
75 points is the highest points total ever for 4th place. We didn't exactly get it by default.
It isn't tho. Just three years ago Arsenal had 79 when they finished fourth.

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
Are people arguing that an extra six matches before January are going to mean we have a poor season?

We need about 4 new players. I'm sure we'll sign about that number. Hopefully they will slot straight into the first 11. If they are the right quality we will definitely be able to compete again for top 4 next season and maybe surprise in the CL.. after all we do well against really good teams.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Are people arguing that an extra six matches before January are going to mean we have a poor season?
Well as you know, the number is ten*, and there's a chance it might. Your form went to crap around the Christmas period, as most people predicted would happen. Add extra commitments (including longer domestic cup runs) into that equation, and you'll need Klopp to manage his squad a lot better. You're bound to spend quite a lot this summer.

*9 I think.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Barring the shitfest in January, we had a pretty decent season. Happy with fourth - we're on the right trajectory and hopefully we can spend wisely in the summer.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Are we excluding qualifiers here? That's two straight away. Normal group games (home/away), then domestic cup games. I think that makes 9 extra games for them compared to last season. Unless I'm completely wrong, which I'll admit, is very possible.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Now that they have Champions League they are going to be able to attract some big players like last time. Ricky Lambert and Balotelli wasn't it ?

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
Now that they have Champions League they are going to be able to attract some big players like last time. Ricky Lambert and Balotelli wasn't it ?
Funny guy. I'm sure your sense of humour helped you through your 3 - 1 loss to 10 men Arsenal.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Barring the shitfest in January, we had a pretty decent season. Happy with fourth - we're on the right trajectory and hopefully we can spend wisely in the summer.
We had a better than expected second half of the season considering being without Matip, Henderson, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane for the large part. Even Lovren getting injured meant we had Lucas and Klavan as our Keystone Cops centre backs in front of Harold Lloyd in goal. Yet we still beat Arsenal and Everton in March (two crucial games around that period) followed by 5 clean sheets in our last 6 games.

But we definitely need to sign 6 or 7 really good players for the first team and squad. The extra games will kill us whether its CL or Europa.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Funny guy. I'm sure your sense of humour helped you through your 3 - 1 loss to 10 men Arsenal.
He's sore he won't get a DVD titled "The Season We Single Handedly Stopped The Redmen Getting Top 4". :) Not often Everton fans have something as big as that to look forward to.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Are we excluding qualifiers here? That's two straight away. Normal group games (home/away), then domestic cup games. I think that makes 9 extra games for them compared to last season. Unless I'm completely wrong, which I'll admit, is very possible.
2 Champions League qualifying matches, 6 group matches (either Champions league or Europa), 1 less League Cup match to play than last season.
7 extra matches before Christmas

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
Our season is going to depend a lot on how Klopp plans for it in the summer. He made it far more difficult for himself this season by trusting too much in mediocre players. I'm sure we had the resources to buy at least another first team player either Cm or Dm. Anyway he got away with it.

This transfer window though he must meet the needs of the squad. If we add an extra 4-5 players with the majority of those going into first 11, then I'm certain we will build well on this season. Our deficiencies are clear from a fan point of view. They should surely be clear to those conducting transfer business. A good window for us would mean next season Lovren, Lallana, Milner and Henderson are all bench players. (swap Milner for Clyne as I'd like to see how Milner would do at right back).

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
2 Champions League qualifying matches, 6 group matches (either Champions league or Europa), 1 less League Cup match to play than last season.
7 extra matches before Christmas
Manageable I suppose, if Klopp can get in who he wants. I'm curious to see if you go for typical Klopp signings. The unheralded type. Or try to go toe to toe for the likes of Van Dijk, who will probably break the record for a defender when sold.

Man of Steel

Smashed it!!
I'm doubting people's commitment to Sparkle Motion
Love the scousers renewed hope and thinking they are almost back at the top again, after scraping top 4 with hardly any games and because Arse and Utd were poor this season.

Okay, I'll stop being bitter now and wish Liverpool and their lovely fans on here all the best for next season.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Thanks for an easy 6 points along the way - you lot are so reliable. Don't ever get relegated - we'd miss ya!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Will they be seeded or unseeded in the draw?

Teams they could potentially get
Napoli, Nice, Sevilla, Ajax/PSV?, Sporting, Hoffenheim...

edit:
From UEFA's site
The clubs with the five highest coefficients in each route – this applies to both League and Champions – have been seeded and will be drawn against the other five teams in that route. There will therefore be ten ties in total. Any changes or further restrictions will be announced ahead of the draw.

so that leaves teams from France, Belgium, Holland, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Will they be seeded or unseeded in the draw?

Teams they could potentially get
Napoli, Nice, Sevilla, Ajax/PSV?, Sporting, Hoffenheim...
Seeded

They are in the same seed as Sevilla, Napoli/Roma, Ajax and Dynamo Kiev - they can't face any of them.

Potential opponents: Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Hoffenheim, Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir or Besiktas

TheBiggest

What a ridiculous comment, Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world, the expectation levels are always high and so it should be.

You're missing my point. I'm taking about the amount of false dawns Liverpool always offer up to their fans. This, I'm certain, is another one. Liverpool fans notoriously get carried away. The world over knows that.

Ban

Fair play to them, getting 4th is a nice result.

Want them to fail miserably in CL next year of course.