Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Ainu

So, genuinely loads of people.
None of them relevant to United though. Don't forget the post that started this discussion was coming from someone claiming to be a United fan and stating "And if most of us were honest with ourselves we would prefer Klopp to JM".

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
None of them relevant to United though. Don't forget the post that started this discussion was coming from someone claiming to be a United fan and stating "And if most of us were honest with ourselves we would prefer Klopp to JM".
Yeah sure, if 'us' refers to the people on here it was a ridiculous claim, I was more talking about football fans in general :)

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Yeah sure, if 'us' refers to the people on here it was a ridiculous claim, I was more talking about football fans in general :)
"You're so vain you probably think this song is about you!" pretty much sums your post up as it wasn't about you, but about yately red who said he was a United fan and then said most of us, meaning United fans.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Non United fans maybe.

Even Liverpool fans would have chosen Mourinho over Klopp if given the option 2 years ago. Then again, most of them are deluded so probably not.

to counter that plenty of United fans desperately wanted Klopp 2 seasons ago too

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
F****** great that we got fourth. Like pretty much every summer window, this one will be very interesting. This season we have only competed in the league and still, our squad has been way too thin. Next season we will hopefully compete on both the league, CL and FA Cup, so it's obvious, that we need a big investment this summer. I might be dreaming, but I'm hoping for something like 150m£. Imo, we need a new left back, a new centre back, another midfielder, an extra tricky winger a'la Mane and a top class forward. We'll probably only get two of those, but one can hope:)

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Some maybe. Largely due to the fact that Mourinho wasn't available. Nor was Conte, Pep and various other (better) choices.
Or maybe because Klopp was extremely highly regarded and a sought after name.

VanGaalEra

I predicted them to finish outside the top 4, so well done for proving me wrong.

Let's hope they spend that £100M the same way Rodgers did post 13/14 season.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
This is a WUM, right? I don't think theres any sane football fan out there that would want him over Jose.
As a Barca fan, Klopp over Mourinho every day of the week.

But that's my personal taste. I just dislike Jose's pragmatic style in general. His managerial style would be against the very philosophy of our club. 11 on 11, We never park the bus, ever. We're above that.

Also, Klopp comes with a lot less baggage and hasn't had nearly as many fallouts and public meltdowns as Jose.

Jaybomb

Or maybe because Klopp was extremely highly regarded and a sought after name.
No. But continue believing that every fan dreams of Klopp as their manager.

I like managers that attract big signings. Klopp hasn't and doesn't. So what's the point in us having a big budget if he would rather work with what he's got and play youngsters? He's perfect for Liverpool and their owners cause they don't attract the big players anyway and are generally are a selling club. He just has to get top 4 and all their fans are happy. He wouldn't last at United cause to us real fans, coming fourth is a bad season when you're the richest and most successful club in England.

If Mourinho wins Wednesday, it'll be a good season for us and a better season than Klopp.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
No. But continue believing that every fan dreams of Klopp as their manager.

I like managers that attract big signings. Klopp hasn't and doesn't. So what's the point in us having a big budget if he would rather work with what he's got and play youngsters? He's perfect for Liverpool and their owners cause they don't attract the big players anyway and are generally are a selling club. He just has to get top 4 and all their fans are happy. He wouldn't last at United cause to us real fans, coming fourth is a bad season when you're the richest and most successful club in England.
Thanks for rewriting history there. Just pop back to RedCaf a couple of years and the narrative around Klopp was nothing like what you've written. Because United fans didn't believe that.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Klopp can make Lallana/Henderson/Wijnaldum look like great players. At Dortmund, he made Großkreutz look like a star.

I find it hard not to believe that if he had Pogba/Zlatan/DDG at his disposal, he'd have a significantly better season than Mourinho had.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Klopp can make Lallana/Henderson/Wijnaldum look like great players. At Dortmund, he made Großkreutz look like a star.

I find it hard not to believe that if he had Pogba/Zlatan/DDG at his disposal, he'd have a significantly better season than Mourinho had.
That's not really true though is it? Kevin was pretty much a good servant for them who could fill many different positions but to call him a star is a long shot.

Credit where it's due, he's got ability to make average players play good, it's just quite often those players look a bit off in other systems.

PoTMS

I hear Rickie Lambert is available. Could come up handy against Champions League opposition. Make it happen, Jurgen.

Rafateria

From a fan who went to the match :

Comedy gold from the reds fans today...

After the game, me and my lad were hanging around to see the players come out and were waving them off with all the other Liverpool fans as they drove out of the ground and away.

An ambulance came past and the fans spontaneously started chanting Sturridge's name.

Rafateria

Do we really need a centre midfielder? Maybe someone to partner or be backup to Mane.
Absolutely we do. Henderson is a sick note and they won't be able to fix his issues on anything like a permanent basis. Naby Keita is the ideal and he would transform our midfield (Kante with goals), whether we have any chance is another matter entirely.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
You're missing my point. I'm taking about the amount of false dawns Liverpool always offer up to their fans. This, I'm certain, is another one. Liverpool fans notoriously get carried away. The world over knows that.
Out of curiosity, what were your expectations for United at the start of this season? Or the three seasons before that?

TheBiggest

Out of curiosity, what were your expectations for United at the start of this season? Or the three seasons before that?

I correctly predicted we'd struggle for Top Four for 3-4 years post Ferguson. I just felt that teh weight of expectation would be way too much for another manager to handle, initially. However, I have to say, I didn't predict we'd be three managers in after four years. I predicted it would be tough, but not this messy.

However, last summer was the first prediction I got wrong. I genuniely thought we'd win the title or at least be right up there challenging. Felt we had the right manager and bought perfectly well last summer. I don't think we have a big problem with personnell, I am sure our problems are mental. It always seems to be at Old Trafford where we let ourselves down. The looming shadow of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand is still very much a big pressure on us at Old Trafford...we can't finish teams off...there is a mental block there, absolutely. This is the first season I've found very hard to take, only because my expectation weren't met.

I am very happy happy - delighted - we have Mouirnho and think our key to success lies in keeping him at the club long-term. I'm hoping - and predicting - we'll be challenging for the EPL next season, but even if we don't, we have to stick with one manager, one vision to take the club to where it belongs.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely we do. Henderson is a sick note and they won't be able to fix his issues on anything like a permanent basis. Naby Keita is the ideal and he would transform our midfield (Kante with goals), whether we have any chance is another matter entirely.
I agree completely. Even if he's our captain, I actually don't think he's good enough. Sure, he scores a nice goal sometimes, but now that we want to compete in the Champions League, I think our midfield captain ought to be better.

I don't know who Keita is and don't know who else could replace him, but I would like for it to happen.

Alex Styles

I obviously understand the hate towards Liverpool and Klopp - that coach is a whiney twat and I am really happy that he left Germany - don't miss him at all.

His achievements in football have to be recognized, though. Reaching top 4 with that squad is a great performance. Debating about how many games were played is completely useless imo, what counts is the table and the table only. Liverpool could become a pretty strong force next season; some players could heavily improve that squad.
If utd don't win Europa, should Mourinho's achievements also be recognised for getting us to the final even though it would mean that basically we'd won nothing?

Alex Styles

I don't get the angst on here at times. Last year when we had no EL final we were desperate for 4th so it seems more than a tad churlish to belittle Liverpool for achieving the feat. We also belittled them in the EL. Now we are desperate to win it. And if most of us were honest with ourselves we would prefer Klopp to JM. But hey ho.

Whether they can match out lure and spending power is questionable; so it will be interesting to see if they can juggle more balls next year.

Got to laugh at Big Duncs comments. At least we aren't such a small club that the best form of offence is downright bitterness lol.
I agreed with most of your post until you said you like klopp. No we do not want that clown Klopp to manage Utd. Please go support Liverpool if you like him so much.

Lizard

Supports
Liverpool
I agree completely. Even if he's our captain, I actually don't think he's good enough. Sure, he scores a nice goal sometimes, but now that we want to compete in the Champions League, I think our midfield captain ought to be better.

I don't know who Keita is and don't know who else could replace him, but I would like for it to happen.
So basically you just want Henderson replaced no matter what?:lol:
Fans tend to be fickle, but to not remember how well Henderson performed before his injury (and how it reflected on stats as well, most passes) is not even fickle, it's straight up case of utter amnesia.

And you people never learn, you did the same to him when Klopp came in and he couldn't train due to injury, so you watched us suddenly play with more intensity, and quickly implied Henderson won't be able to walk into this side, let alone be one of its best players. Then he recovered, walked into the side and bossed the midfield again and again. He's still our best midfielder, you know? No amounts of overhead kicks from Emre "I don't really know how to create chances" Can can (feck) change that.

Another player that gets tons of people moaning about how we need to buy a replacement, is Clyne, and honestly at first I thought people were having a laugh slagging him off, but then I realised that's because the fans don't really look at defence, ever. Fans' critique comes from watching us attack, so there's very little admiration for someone that simply does his job and keeps his mouth shut about it. Clyne is not the problem, whoever plays on the right wing, tends to be the problem. The right side of defence is solid in comparison to the clinically dead Lovren-Milner combo, not to mention Clyne is less wasteful in his passing and duels he takes on than Milner on the other side. He is also not the kinda player who would lose his temper, his play is patient despite him probably hearing the moans from the stands every time he is trying to get some composure and make sure he's covered at the back, before foolishly dancing into the box, losing the ball and then seeing the lower-tier shithouses score on the counter. The last two sentences apply to Milner's style of fullback play, btw.

In any case, you people won't realise what you have until it's gone, especially in case of Clyne, the most reliable and defensively solid right-back we've had in pretty much decades at this point. I understand the Henderson critique because he's injury prone and it's not that hard to forget about him, but Clyne critics are football equivalents of flat earth society.

Thisistheone

How they got away with that Lovren foul - pen and red card I'll never know.

Huge call from the ref that gave them CL football.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool

Swings and roundabouts? 37 other games also contributed massively to getting top 4.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool

You think one decision by the Ref gave us CL football, haha, seriously ?.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

The ref made a monumental blunder there - only Jim Beglin could justify Atkinson's feck up there. Arsenal's inadequacies did a very good job ensuring Liverpool qualified for the Champions League, so too did Liverpool's solid record in the big games.

Thisistheone

Swings and roundabouts? 37 other games also contributed massively to getting top 4.
True and I'm going to sound very bitter now but so what, I think you've been very lucky to get top 4.

You've stumbled over the line, the brilliant pre-xmas football long gone.
Watford away you were struggling, it took a freak Emre Can goal to get a massive 3 points for you.
That pen/red card yesterday.
Playing Chelsea away before Conte found his winning system
And playing Arsenal away first game of the season when they were missing so many key players turned out to be a vital 6 pointer.

But hey, you're there now so good luck. ;)

One thing I'll praise you on, your big game record is superb.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I've said it many times, the guy deserves credit for getting top 4 with the squad he has. Heck, he got top 4 with Milner and Lovren in his defence who shouldn't be anywhere near the backline of a top 4 Premier League team - Substitute players at best