Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Well done Klopp. Target met.

Liverpool fans though. :lol: This'll set them up for one helluva fall. The expectancy should NOT be high at that club next season.
Not expecting a CL final. But a fall? It's not like we won the league and a a big cup. We are moving forward. I reckon the squad will be improved. Had could you not expect supporters to be excited at the prospect of some more cash for players and a chance at the CL group stage?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
We had a better than expected second half of the season considering being without Matip, Henderson, Coutinho, Lallana and Mane for the large part. Even Lovren getting injured meant we had Lucas and Klavan as our Keystone Cops centre backs in front of Harold Lloyd in goal. Yet we still beat Arsenal and Everton in March (two crucial games around that period) followed by 5 clean sheets in our last 6 games.

But we definitely need to sign 6 or 7 really good players for the first team and squad. The extra games will kill us whether its CL or Europa.
Yes, I'm impressed by the nerve we've shown to hold out for fourth. In particular the four away wins at Stoke, West Brom, Watford and West Ham. It's an achievement worth celebrating and after losing to Leicester away I thought we were done.

I'm sure we'll go into next season with a much fuller squad.

Crashoutcassius

thought they were brilliant to watch all year. Hope they keep suffering from the usual issues klopp has and don't put together a good enough run to win anything. Will probably be excellent in next few years but still finish second to Pep's city, until pep leaves

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Not expecting a CL final. But a fall? It's not like we won the league and a a big cup. We are moving forward. I reckon the squad will be improved. Had could you not expect supporters to be excited at the prospect of some more cash for players and a chance at the CL group stage?
Look who's here! Hello stranger, that time of year again :lol:

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
To be completely honest this feels like number nineteen. All those heartbreaks like Thomas 's goal in 89 and Cantona's in 96 makes it all seem worth it .

I feel completed, I feel whole .

We finished fourth .

Yateley Red

I don't get the angst on here at times. Last year when we had no EL final we were desperate for 4th so it seems more than a tad churlish to belittle Liverpool for achieving the feat. We also belittled them in the EL. Now we are desperate to win it. And if most of us were honest with ourselves we would prefer Klopp to JM. But hey ho.

Whether they can match out lure and spending power is questionable; so it will be interesting to see if they can juggle more balls next year.

Got to laugh at Big Duncs comments. At least we aren't such a small club that the best form of offence is downright bitterness lol.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
thought they were brilliant to watch all year. Hope they keep suffering from the usual issues klopp has and don't put together a good enough run to win anything. Will probably be excellent in next few years but still finish second to Pep's city, until pep leaves
Were they feck, watching them in the second half of the season has been painfully dull.

Yateley Red

Were they feck, watching them in the second half of the season has been painfully dull.
Without doubt the 2nd half of the season has seen them struggle to play attractive football.

That said, I think their bad has been our standard this season. And their good was far better than anything that we have managed to produce. We are meant to be the cavaliers of football. Can you imagine the King, Law, Charlton, Giggsy being happy at the shackles imposed on them this season?

Bojan11

So is this another poster pretending to be a Man Utd fan? We got another Orc.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
You're missing my point. I'm taking about the amount of false dawns Liverpool always offer up to their fans. This, I'm certain, is another one. Liverpool fans notoriously get carried away. The world over knows that.
Ok fair point but this time we have a quality Manager and better owners, were more financially secure now than we have been for a long time, ok we could balls it up in the qualifiers I get that but overall I think were in a better position now to build on this.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool fan I can only say that we were very lucky to get away with that penalty appeal yesterday. Milner I can take as he is a decent footballer but Lovrenis a complete liability and Clyne offers absolutely nothing going forward. he is a full back version of Ray Willkins , Looks the part but can't pass the ball forwards. He has not improved over the years he has been at Anfield. A paper thin squad and injuries to key players has made for a bit of a stop go season but credit where its due they got the results over the last 6 or 7 games that they needed to make 4th place. Now it needs to be seen who they can entice to Anfield. It's no longer a question of football . Footballers want a millionaire lifestyle in London Madrid Paris etc. It seems that their wives have just as much say as what club they move to as the player does. Clop like Guardiola will have found out that there are absolutely no easy games in the Premier League . Interesting times ahead at Anfield.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So is this another poster pretending to be a Man Utd fan? We got another Orc.
Yup. Just had a look at his posts. All the posts criticising us and praising Liverpool. Couldn't let another @Orc.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A job well done this season by Klopp. Finishing fourth would have been the target at a club like Liverpool and he's met it. For awhile it looked as if he they'd genuinely be proper title challengers this season so thankfully that never happened.

Having said that, it will only mean something if they build on this with another top 4 finish particularly with all the extra games next season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Clop like Guardiola will have found out that there are absolutely no easy games in the Premier League .
Nothing against you but i hate it when people say this, over the course of the season there's plenty of easy games, infact Pep himself has just had one less than 24 hours ago. The standard in the PL outside the top 7 is horrendous.

Rafateria

Well as you know, the number is ten*, and there's a chance it might. Your form went to crap around the Christmas period, as most people predicted would happen. Add extra commitments (including longer domestic cup runs) into that equation, and you'll need Klopp to manage his squad a lot better. You're bound to spend quite a lot this summer.

*9 I think.
Actually most people didn't predict our form would go to crap around Xmas .. here on the Caf most people thought we were in with a chance of the title ! And everyone is aware that our form went to pot in January - February due to a lack of depth in the squad and a similar absentee list to United's. Most predictions here said we wouldn't last the season and our pressing game would mean we tired seriously and would fall away ... well we put that theory to bed since we finished the last 12 games with a W8, D3, L1 record, and zero goals conceded in the last 4 games, even if injuries (and nerves) hindered being able to play as fluently as in the first half of the season.

As for next Summer ... I'm sure you're right on spending. £120m net has been the figure reliable sources have been espousing (so maybe £160-180m depending on who departure). I don't think we'll see a 'slew of departures' at all, as one poster mentioned above. We need to improve squad depth so we probably won't see many senior players leaving (Moreno & Sakho of course, maybe Lucas, maybe Sturridge - though I actually think he'll stay - and some fringe on-loan players) but we're more likely see 5-6 new first team standard players arrive to supplement what we have.

Undoubtedly next season is going to be even tougher than this was but, unlike Rodgers for example, Klopp has pedigree in Europe so I'm hopeful of a good CL run (last 8 ? depends who we draw) and would accept improving the team, and Top 4 again. Not too arsed about the cups - squad player runouts unless we make the semis. That would be a good season preparing the squad for a title challenge the following season.

Rafateria

Seeded

They are in the same seed as Sevilla, Napoli/Roma, Ajax and Dynamo Kiev - they can't face any of them.

Potential opponents: Sporting Lisbon, Viktoria Plzen, CSKA Moscow, Club Brugge, Steaua Bucharest, Young Boys, Hoffenheim, Nice, Istanbul Basaksehir or Besiktas
Exactly ..... though add whoever finishes second in Greece to the list.

Rafateria

(swap Milner for Clyne as I'd like to see how Milner would do at right back).
I want to see AA brought through as fast as possible at RB. Clyne's attacking does my head in and AA is faster, much trickier feet and a better crosser. Milner will be a good squad utility player (FBs, Midfield).

Nothing against you but i hate it when people say this, over the course of the season there's plenty of easy games, infact Pep himself has just had one less than 24 hours ago. The standard in the PL outside the top 7 is horrendous.
There are no guaranteed easy games in the PL, that's the difference. The same Watford that rolled over to City yesterday beat us, beat Arsenal, and put 3 past Chelsea this season. The easy games are far more predictable in the other major leagues.

Rafateria

I would love to know what Klopp means by this .. I don't believe him for one minute !

Jurgen Klopp has revealed most of the work is “pretty much done” as Liverpool seek to bolster their squad for a crack at next season's Champions League.

And the Reds boss has offered the tantalising prospect the club are significantly down the line towards making signings when the transfer window opens in July.

Klopp is now in a stronger position to press on with luring his main targets which include Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk and RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
There is not the slightest chance for Liverpool to get Naby Keita and they are delusional if they think otherwise.

stevieg4ever

Supports
Liverpool
A lot of this thread seems predicated on how you guys think we are reacting.

I think it was a good season measured against our preseason expectations as no one had us down for top 4, but as the season unfolded we kind of hoped for a top three finish and at one stage even better, but it wasn't to be.

This is Klopp's first full season and we have amassed more point than in 7 of the previous 8, that is good by anyone's standards (in fact we had done that with 2 even 3 games remaining l believe). Last season we reached two cup finals, this season 4th and the Champions League, we are finally laying the foundations for long term stability and, hopefully, success, and that is why the majority of LFC fans are happy, we know its not a trophy but realistically in this day and age finishing fourth is better than the League Cup. That said I would rather have the FA Cup and Europa than fourth, but to be fair many people would argue against that, but in order to move forward CL football is imperative no two ways about it. Random League Cup wins, which we have had before, basically do very little for the long term prospects of a club and isn't what we need to move forward, not that l am disrespecting your victory or any other teams triumph in that competition.

Last edited:

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Most predictions here said we wouldn't last the season and our pressing game would mean we tired seriously and would fall away ... well we put that theory to bed since we finished the last 12 games with a W8, D3, L1 record, and zero goals conceded in the last 4 games, even if injuries (and nerves) hindered being able to play as fluently as in the first half of the season.
You finished those games well but you were playing once a week (since you were out of all competitions), so it did nothing to quash those predictions.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
A lot of this thread seems predicated on how you guys think we are reacting.

I think it was a good season measured against our preseason expectations as no one had us down for top 4, but as the season unfolded we kind of hoped for a top three finish and at one stage even better, but it wasn't to be.

This is Klopp's first full season and we have amassed more point than in 7 of the previous 8, that is good by anyone's standards (in fact we had done that with 2 even 3 games remaining l believe). Last season we reached two cup finals, this season 4th and the Champions League, we are finally laying the foundations for long term stability and, hopefully, success, and that is why the majority of LFC fans are happy, we know its not a trophy but realistically in this day and age finishing fourth is better than the League Cup. That said I would rather have the FA Cup and Europa than fourth, but to be fair many people would argue against that, but in order to move forward CL football is imperative no two ways about it. Random League Cup wins, which we have had before, basically do very little for the long term prospects of a club and isn't what we need to move forward, not that l am disrespecting your victory or any other teams triumph in that competition.
Given the fact Europa Cup now guarantees CL group stage plus the added prestige of winning actual trophies, it'd be a special kind of idiot to prefer 4th as against winning the Europa Cup.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
100 million to spend for klopp. Would be hilarious if they spent it and then not get into the champions league. They will want left back,Centre back,centre mid and a striker if sturridge leaves. Will be interesting to see the kind of players they can attract with champions league and how much difference does it make to them.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
100 million to spend for klopp. Would be hilarious if they spent it and then not get into the champions league. They will want left back,Centre back,centre mid and a striker if sturridge leaves. Will be interesting to see the kind of players they can attract with champions league and how much difference does it make to them.
Do we really need a centre midfielder? Maybe someone to partner or be backup to Mane.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
Is that why we keep getting all those surprise results throughout the season. The last couple of weekends have been a bit different as most of the relegation top 4 issues were already sorted out but in general there are no easy games. I don't say the Premier League is this or this . Just in general there are no easy games. Don't worry I don't take a difference of opinion personally:D