Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Indeed.
I think they shot themselves in the foot. The money they'd have got for Coutinho, would've funded the purchase of 2 top class defenders.
At present, their best player, doesn't want to be there, which has to be a concern.
If you saw the first half yesterday you would be fully aware that even a half bothered, pissed up Coutinho would still be one of our most important players. We don't have enough quality to be selling players of his quality. Even if we had sold him we wouldn't have strengthened as much as people think. Most likely would have been banked.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

VanGaalEra

Leicester, Moscow and Newcastle all away before our trip to them. Could all be tricky in their own right.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
So it was basically a full team against Leicesters full team, or did they rest a few?
No Migs, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Mane, Salah, Firmino or Sturridge. Leicester also rested players

For a team that does defensive work all the time and defend really well, they sure concede a lot of goals.
We need a top CB but we also need to completely overhaul our midfield. It offers no protection to our defense and until that changes no combination of defenders will work

Minimalist

Liverpool are one of those teams who could do with putting 100% into a domestic cup competition. That said, most of their supporters seem fecked off with the result regardless of the few "it's a shite Cup anyway" ones.

haram

So it was basically a full team against Leicesters full team, or did they rest a few?
Only first eleven players Leicester started with was Morgan, Ndidi & Albrighton. Liverpool started with Wijnaldum, Coutinho & Henderson.

Sad Chris

I wonder if the non-debatable top managers could transform their attacking playing just as much into heavy metal glory hole football that Klopp manages if somebody told them they didn‘t need to bother about defending either.

podurban2

This is obviously amusing. But maybe a wee bit misleading?

Two managers with identical win % can have very different point tallies, depending on how many draws vs losses they rack up. Can anyone be arsed to work out PPG?
Klopp: 193 points in 108 games = 1.79 PPG
Rodgers: 290 points in 166 games = 1.75 PPG
Moyes: 90 points in 51 games = 1.76 PPG

Klopp is winning the league of fools at least.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Not hugely concerned as of yet.

It's starting to feel like the end of Rodgers and Benitez's times in charge. Seems to happen a lot immediately following what is classed as a decent season for Liverpool. Houllier, Rodgers and Benitez all had good seasons then it fell apart.
It feels nothing like that. You are an absolute whopper of a poster.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

This is obviously amusing. But maybe a wee bit misleading?

Two managers with identical win % can have very different point tallies, depending on how many draws vs losses they rack up. Can anyone be arsed to work out PPG?
Klopp 1.79
Rodgers 1.75
Moyes 1.76
Van Gaal 1.82
Mourinho 2.04

Last edited:

MoskvaRed

Klopp: 193 points in 108 games = 1.79 PPG
Rodgers: 290 points in 166 games = 1.75 PPG
Moyes: 90 points in 51 games = 1.76 PPG

Klopp is winning the league of fools at least.
I am surprised Moyes is so high (relatively speaking) since I remember us being punchbags against the top 6 and regularly dropping points in other games. As it is based on 51 games and he lasted less than a full season, the figure must be boosted by the Champions League group stage wins and that heroic run to the league cup semis.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not hugely concerned as of yet.

It feels nothing like that. You are an absolute whopper of a poster.
Rhymes with Klopper...

It just feels like that's the way it might end up going. We've seen it happen so often before. I don't think we're going to win anything so I feel like we're competing for 4th, which we may or may not get.

You've got to be frustrated with the defensive situation?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Rhymes with Klopper...

It just feels like that's the way it might end up going. We've seen it happen so often before. I don't think we're going to win anything so I feel like we're competing for 4th, which we may or may not get.

You've got to be frustrated with the defensive situation?
The defensive situation is frustrating - absolutely. But the atmosphere around the club when Rodgers or Benitez left was toxic. It's nothing like that right now.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The defensive situation is frustrating - absolutely. But the atmosphere around the club when Rodgers or Benitez left was toxic. It's nothing like that right now.
The toxicity is rising though. The VVD debacle, & the inability to - in some part - rectify it, could well be written on Klopp's Anfield epitaph. Pochettino took over a Spurs side with a defence that was even worse than ours. His 3 seasons at the club has seen their goals against column fall from 53 to 35 to 26. Not only that, they haven't compromised on the attacking element of their game. Tottenham are the bench mark for us & Jurgen Klopp, not City, Chelsea, or United. Another season finishing below the north London club could well prove to be Klopp's undoing.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The toxicity is rising though. The VVD debacle, & the inability to - in some part - rectify it, could well be written on Klopp's Anfield epitaph. Pochettino took over a Spurs side with a defence that was even worse than ours. His 3 seasons at the club has seen their goals against column fall from 53 to 35 to 26. Not only that, they haven't compromised on the attacking element of their game. Tottenham are the bench mark for us & Jurgen Klopp, not City, Chelsea, or United. Another season finishing below the north London club could well prove to be Klopp's undoing.
Good point regarding Spurs. Klopp has maintained our strength which is scoring goals (we rarely had issues with this under Rodgers) whilst the defence (which was an issue he inherited like Pochettino did) is no better than the day he arrived.

We had good spells last season where we looked ok at the back but it looks worse this season, based on the football played so far.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Well if Spurs are the measure then you shouldn't be too unhappy, as we're currently level on points.

It's a joke that 'Klopp's epitaph' is even being mentioned five games into the season.

Jetrooooo

I always tought FSG stood for fat smoking german lol. But figured it wasn't right. Cause he ain't fat.

Akshay

Staff
Well if Spurs are the measure then you shouldn't be too unhappy, as we're currently level on points.

It's a joke that 'Klopp's epitaph' is even being mentioned five games into the season.
He deserves at least another season after this one, even if you achieve none of your targets this year. But your transfer dealings need looking at. Whoever was responsible for the lack of business this window should have a much reduced role next summer, including Klopp if he failed to identify more possible targets.

lysglimt

Scout
I am surprised Moyes is so high (relatively speaking) since I remember us being punchbags against the top 6 and regularly dropping points in other games. As it is based on 51 games and he lasted less than a full season, the figure must be boosted by the Champions League group stage wins and that heroic run to the league cup semis.
In fairness - it doesn't take much for a manager of a top 6 club to get 1.6 - 1.8 Points pr game in a season. Something like 16 wins 14 Draw and 8 defeats you are there. And for any of the big 6 - that would still be a disaster of a season even if the average is 1.63 Points pr match.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
One of Matip/Lovren needs to be fit for Tuesday. Gomez is suspended and Idek who's in like after that. Can or an academy lad I would imagine.

Oldyella

Liverpool are one of those teams who could do with putting 100% into a domestic cup competition. That said, most of their supporters seem fecked off with the result regardless of the few "it's a shite Cup anyway" ones.
It baffles me that them and other clubs turn their noses up at certain cups.

Oneunited26

I am the same there, all I remember with Moyes is one broken nose knock out after another in games

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It baffles me that them and other clubs turn their noses up at certain cups.
We've made the semis in the last three seasons. I don't think we've turned our noses up at it or the FA Cup. Problem with the latter is by the time January comes around our squad is so fecked for quality depth that we plummet out. That won't change this season either with the recruitment.
The teams most guilty of throwing cups is the lower league sides who prefer to focus on staying up.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
His recent comments on the Anfield atmosphere are damning. Can only imagine what it's like going from the yellow wall to the insipid display we put in. something really needs to be done to address that .
Patience is also key which i agree with. The crowd are entitled twats at times.

Sylar

His recent comments on the Anfield atmosphere are damning. Can only imagine what it's like going from the yellow wall to the insipid display we put in. something really needs to be done to address that .
Patience is also key which i agree with. The crowd are entitled twats at times.
So heres a question, he did that thing the german teams always do after your home 2-2 draw, where all players link hands and then thank the fans (win, loss or draw).
But did he ever do it again? How come it seems like it was a one time thing. Did somebody tell him it made him look silly? Cos only doing it once makes it much more sillier than if that was a starting point, and your team did it every game.

manunited1919

To be fair, if Klopp had taken over from SAF with the squad which had just won the PL, he would have done much better than Moyes. We still had prime RVP, Chicharito, prime Rooney, Nani, Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Kagawa. You really would need to be a blundering idiot to do badly with that squad.

Last edited: