Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Let me get this right, he stormed out of a presser because he was asked about Poch/Kane?

TheReligion

Abusive
It´s hard to tell. I don´t know of any other message board that has devoted 15.000 posts to the manager of another team. This seems a slightly unhealthy obsession. :houllier:
Eh? Among the top 10 posters 6 are Liverpool fans, if you go for top 20 you'll easily get 5-6 more Liverpool fans.

So what you are saying is Liverpool fans are obsessed about posting on Redcafe about their manager.
:lol::lol:

He's thrown a bit of a wobbly in the Spartak presser, it seems

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41394100
Not sure why he's stormed off over that?

Tarrou

Doesn't look like he storms out really. It just finishes and he still has a bit of a cob on about the Kane question.

Zoo

It was a stupid question from Bryan Swanson, the chief news reporter at Sky. No wonder they didn't mention it on Sky Sports News.

RedDevil@84

The reporter should be banned for being an idiot.
It is the same thing in every presser. They ask the most ridiculous pointless questions which no one needs answers to.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I cant stand Kloop at all but to be fair to him that was the biggest mess of a press conference I have seen in a while lol. The last question from the Sky journo was a complete brick of a question, and despite the usual sensationalist media Kloop didn't storm out anywhere, it was the last question.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
From Russia With Lovren:
RAWK said:
I genuinely believe there is sinister motive behind asking Klopp if he is "in love" with his players.

Firstly, that will get translated into Russian and could create some raised eyebrows in a country with some questionable LGBT laws. But it also is intended to possibly provoke a reaction from Klopp to the term "in love". Just an innocuous question to which he reacts to angrily. It's sad when you genuinely believe the media are trying to fabricate news and sabotaging press conferences with an agenda...but that feels like exactly what happened there.

I encourage everyone to watch the video of it. It was a really weird moment.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What was all that rambling for? Just say, "yes I love my players" or "no I just like them as friends" and move on.
It's being reported that he stormed out. Clearly not the case if he rambled on about a question.

For me he was rambling on about how stupid it is for the Russian to translate such a shit question.

He's often a dick, but this was normal behaviour in my eyes.

buchansleftleg

Do we think the reporter had an agenda? - was he hinting at some reported internal dischord. Sometimes a bad question is just a bad question - other times it is to unnerve someone that you know about something the club is trying to hide.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That press conference was an absolute shambles. The translator, the reporters, the photographers - they were a mess.

I don't see how Klopp could have handled it any differently.

sugar_kane

From Russia With Lovren:
RAWK paranoia or not this was my first thought when I read the BBC article. It sounded very uncomfortable and unusual given the country's horrendous stance on LGBT people to ask a foreign manager to say if he was 'in love' with his players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The problem is, there are too many press conferences. Journalists are taking liberties.

Adebesi

I watched the presser just now and it wasnt how I imagined it. He didnt storm out, it was the last question anyway but even so he remained seated. He was irked by the question, but it was a stupid question. And he didnt lose his shit at all. (I dont think the journalist had an agenda to stir up any homophobic sentiment or anything like that tho. It was just a stupid question.)

I must say I cant get on with all this revisionism about Klopp. Clearly he isnt doing as well in the football sense as his reputation suggested he should. But as a character, as a person, I cant dislike the guy. I want him to fail because I want Liverpool to fail but I have nothing against him personally and I dont really see where all these people calling him a dick are coming from. I dont want the FA treating Mourinho unfairly but that does not mean they should punish Klopp for showing some passion on the touchline.

sugar_kane

I must say I cant get on with all this revisionism about Klopp. Clearly he isnt doing as well in the football sense as his reputation suggested he should. But as a character, as a person, I cant dislike the guy. I want him to fail because I want Liverpool to fail but I have nothing against him personally and I dont really see where all these people calling him a dick are coming from. I dont want the FA treating Mourinho unfairly but that does not mean they should punish Klopp for showing some passion on the touchline.
There's definite revisionism going on and he's probably a decent bloke and a great coach, but he definitely annoys me to feck when gurning and raving like an absolute fool on the touchlines, and with some of the crap he comes out with in press conferences/interviews. He definitely gets a bit of a free pass too where the press is concerned.