Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Kapardin

Its' okay, he will give everyone a hug and it will be all good again. Still a chance to win the West Brom draw trophy this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Wonderful result.

I'm still wary about Liverpool's attack and what the potential for the team under Klopp may be if he gets it right, but it would be lovely if they get two or three bad results in the PL which leave them off the pace.

AgentP

Liverpool have no excuse for losing this one because even Leicester were playing with their B team only. I hope their A team can put in a similar performance in the weekend.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The most bizarre thing in all this is Klopp actually played as a centre-back for Mainz yet he continually neglects to address defensive issues. This has been a criticism at every club he's managed yet he still persists.

It's all really, really odd.

ti vu

The most bizarre thing in all this is Klopp actually played as a centre-back for Mainz yet he continually neglects to address defensive issues. This has been a criticism at every club he's managed yet he still persists.

It's all really, really odd.
I read he was a forward by trade and somehow ended up playing as defender. So perhaps he never likes defend that much, and by the experience of being switched position, he take defending lightly? I meant he may think a failed forward/midfielder with some good attribute would be capable to play as defense?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His comments were fairly accurate tbf. He's chosen to trust these players, but they keep letting him down. These same players finished 4th last season and were competitive in all the big games, so it's obvious that the lack of focus isn't a problen inherent of the players. It's down to him, evidently he's unable to truly get through to them when preparing games during the week. Or he's just doing a poor job in working on those situations(set pieces)

Besides, they should have killed the game in the first half anyways. Their inability to finish was their downfall yesterday

Kapardin

His comments were fairly accurate tbf. He's chosen to trust these players, but they keep letting him down. These same players finished 4th last season and were competitive in all the big games, so it's obvious that the lack of focus isn't a problen inherent of the players. It's down to him, evidently he's unable to truly get through to them when preparing games during the week. Or he's just doing a poor job in working on those situations(set pieces)

Besides, they should have killed the game in the first half anyways. Their inability to finish was their downfall yesterday
Wouldn't say he is being fair. He should know the limitations of Klavan, Matip, Lovren etc and not expect anything more from them.

For example, Jose knows exactly what Fellaini/Herrera offer, and so bought Pogba in his first season. He doesn't play Fellaini/Herrara over Pogba and then moan that they don't play like Pogba.

You can't say you trust average to mediocre players to put in a top performance. They might do that for one week, but they will likely be average or mediocre for the rest of the games.

Rooney24

LVG at United - 103 games, win percentage of 52.43%
JK at Liverpool - 107 games, win percentage of 50.5%

Genuinely surprised at those stats given the way Klopp seems to be revered by Liverpool fans and we were in despair with LVG in charge.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Genuinely surprised at those stats given the way Klopp seems to be revered by Liverpool fans and we were in despair with LVG in charge.
Different standards, we were used to the best ever in Sir Alex, they were used to the likes of Brenton and KKKenny

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wouldn't say he is being fair. He should know the limitations of Klavan, Matip, Lovren etc and not expect anything more from them.

For example, Jose knows exactly what Fellaini/Herrera offer, and so bought Pogba in his first season. He doesn't play Fellaini/Herrara over Pogba and then moan that they don't play like Pogba.

You can't say you trust average to mediocre players to put in a top performance. They might do that for one week, but they will likely be average or mediocre for the rest of the games.
He's not expecting them to put in top performances, he's expecting them to do the job they're supposed to do. And as i said, it's obviously more his fault than theirs that they keep failing to do just that. If they can do it against arsenal, chelsea, spurs, etc, then they should be able to do it against leicester and burnley and watford as well. It's the way they keep giving up goals because somebody forgets/can't be arsed to do what he's supposed to be doing.

And i get that that's kind of what separates average from good and good from great, the ability to always stay focused regardless of the opponents. Still, once again, this game was down to their inability to finish chances. They could have scored 4 goals in the first half and we wouldn't be having this discussion. They had several good chances(and a huge chance) against burnley too.

Think once Coutinho gets back into form and Manr comes back things will improve for then on every front -aside from defending set pieces. That's something Klopp needs to sort out-

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante

It's more the style of play. Liverpool are swashbuckling when they win, we were tumescent a lot of the time under LVG.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Indeed. Which begs the question, why did the footballing genius who manages their team take off their best player from that first half at half-time?

SirAF

Ageist
To think that some posters were shitting themselves when Liverpool signed Klopp :lol:

vodrake

To think that some posters were shitting themselves when Liverpool signed Klopp :lol:
There are still some determined Klopp fans pretending to be scared for when Klopp "inevitably gets it right at Liverpool" :lol:

Jacko21

To think when we used to do surveys about who people wanted to be our manager after SAF Klopp used to win by a landslide.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. His Dortmund team were something to behold at times.

I have my misgivings about Klopp, namely his complete non-ablity to organise a defence, but you can't argue with how he orchestrates his attacking players - it's blistering.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. His Dortmund team were something to behold at times.

I have my misgivings about Klopp, namely his complete non-ablity to organise a defence, but you can't argue with how he orchestrates his attacking players - it's blistering.
Pfft, I used to do that all the time on Pro Evo 4: select a load of super-fast twits, and set the game at difficulty-level 2. It's not rocket surgery.

Jacko21

He had a sickening fan base on here for a long time.
I wasn't one of those, but I'm not sure why that is surprising. Nobody looks at Klopp objectively anymore, because he's coaching Liverpool - which is understandable.

Reality is, people had good reason to wax-lyrical about Klopp based on his time at Dortmund.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool

For a team that does defensive work all the time and defend really well, they sure concede a lot of goals.
In a way he´s not wrong. They have conceded like 10 goals from 19 shots on target or something like that. You could really say that is a statistical outlier, some rotten luck or Bravo in goal.

Of course then you look at the bigger picture and you see it is not.

haram

Does he not realise the chances they dish out to opposition forwards are really dangerous ones? They set up in a way which helps their forward play and leaves the defence exposed. You don't need 10 chances to score against Liverpool. Players at Premier League level will punish with enough time and space. Klopp is probably right when he says there isn't many CB's that could improve the defensive side of Liverpool's game. The system is flawed and will leave any CB exposed. You cannot win a league title playing like this.

When we play Liverpool, we'll probably sit a bit deeper, and just launch balls into the channel for Lukaku and Rashford to chase. What the hell are Lovren and Matip supposed to do against runners like that.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Does he not realise the chances they dish out to opposition forwards are really dangerous ones? They set up in a way which helps their forward play and leaves the defence exposed. You don't need 10 chances to score against Liverpool. Players at Premier League level will punish with enough time and space. Klopp is probably right when he says there isn't many CB's that could improve the defensive side of Liverpool's game. The system is flawed and will leave any CB exposed. You cannot win a league title playing like this.

When we play Liverpool, we'll probably sit a bit deeper, and just launch balls into the channel for Lukaku and Rashford to chase. What the hell are Lovren and Matip supposed to do against runners like that.
While the system might leave the team more vulnerable at the back, it´s the sheer amount of dumb goals that always cost Liverpool. Lovren literally not kicking the ball against Sevilla. Wijnaldum literally not heading the ball (away) against Watford. There is not even any skill involved, except hitting the ball that is right there. The only good excuse for missing those balls is that you are legally blind. The 1st goal against Leicester yesterday was like watching human pinball. There is nobody in the Liverpool defense that takes decisive action and had a clear mind how to solve situations.

Adebesi

While the system might leave the team more vulnerable at the back, it´s the sheer amount of dumb goals that always cost Liverpool. Lovren literally not kicking the ball against Sevilla. Wijnaldum literally not heading the ball (away) against Watford. There is not even any skill involved, except hitting the ball that is right there. The only good excuse for missing those balls is that you are legally blind. The 1st goal against Leicester yesterday was like watching human pinball. There is nobody in the Liverpool defense that takes decisive action and had a clear mind how to solve situations.
Nah, even Reece Witherspoon would be an upgrade for them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What you said might be true but for all these surely Klopp is responsible and rightly questioned? He had 2 summer windows and 2 Winter windows to address the defensive issues.

haram

I understand that as well, but in the long run it's not going to work anyway. Eventually defenders make mistakes, doesn't matter if its VVD or Joe Gomez. When teams go long against Liverpool there will always be big chances conceded, and at premier league level players will punish big spaces and time on the ball.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's starting to feel like the end of Rodgers and Benitez's times in charge. Seems to happen a lot immediately following what is classed as a decent season for Liverpool. Houllier, Rodgers and Benitez all had good seasons then it fell apart.

Robbie Boy

I wasn't one of those, but I'm not sure why that is surprising. Nobody looks at Klopp objectively anymore, because he's coaching Liverpool - which is understandable.

Reality is, people had good reason to wax-lyrical about Klopp based on his time at Dortmund.
And plenty - like me - never took to him and thought he was a-bit of a weirdo. I'm not talking about his managerial ability, by the way, I'm purely talking about his antics and his whole hipster, uber-cool persona.

Jacko21

And plenty - like me - never took to him and thought he was a-bit of a weirdo. I'm not talking about his managerial ability, by the way, I'm purely talking about his antics and his whole hipster, uber-cool persona.
That's fair enough. Not hard to see why he was so popular though. His teams are exciting.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's starting to feel like the end of Rodgers and Benitez's times in charge. Seems to happen a lot immediately following what is classed as a decent season for Liverpool. Houllier, Rodgers and Benitez all had good seasons then it fell apart.
Way to early.
What is alarming though, is the negligence with which they handled their weaknesses.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
What you said might be true but for all these surely Klopp is responsible and rightly questioned? He had 2 summer windows and 2 Winter windows to address the defensive issues.
Yes. That´s ultimately his responsibility to either find a way to install some sort of calmness and control in the current players (or/and) find players that can do that. I think the midfield is part of the problem. Henderson, Wijnladum and Can cannot control the pace of a game or shield the defense sufficiently. The players just make each other nervous.

The Bloody-Nine

Bit early for that, I think. Remember the Conte CRISIS last season?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Those are some very good comments, I'm glad to hear he's paying much attention to the defending of theirs. Means he's got absolutely no fecking clue how to fix it and it won't get any better soon.

It reeks of Brenny season when they've had clowns in defence too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I read he was a forward by trade and somehow ended up playing as defender. So perhaps he never likes defend that much, and by the experience of being switched position, he take defending lightly? I meant he may think a failed forward/midfielder with some good attribute would be capable to play as defense?
Which isn't too much of a problem in itself, providing you focus all your energy on attack - ie. you play to outscore your opposition.
The problem for LFC, yesterday was that they failed to score even 1 goal!

prtk0811

Love the fact they kept coutinho in their team and denied him the move and dint get huge money to buy other defenders.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Love the fact they kept coutinho in their team and denied him the move and dint get huge money to buy other defenders.
Indeed.
I think they shot themselves in the foot. The money they'd have got for Coutinho, would've funded the purchase of 2 top class defenders.
At present, their best player, doesn't want to be there and their current 1st choice defenders don't seem to be particularly good.