Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
If there were journalists with any balls, and journalists that's not to busy licking Klopp's balls, they should point out his Pogba comments in relation to the VVD price.
It's not that they don't have balls but that they're too busy licking Klopp's balls to ask any real questions.

LuenerLinguist

Yes, it has not finished, which is why you haven't improved either. You are still behind us and you are still trophyless.

Heck, top 4 is a minimum for Klopp. 2nd, 3rd, 4th are all the same this season as City will be miles ahead of us all. Win the FA Cup atleast before claiming improvement.
What do you think, how many teams have a better squad than Liverpool? (If its more than 4 how could top 4 be minimum?)

Kapardin

What do you think, how many teams have a better squad than Liverpool? (If its more than 4 how could top 4 be minimum?)
Top 4 is a minimum for all 6 teams because they all have the quality for top 4. That's what makes the league competitive. As the teams are evenly matched, managerial tactics will decide which 4 make it to the CL, and thus Klopp, Jose etc are judged accordingly.

LuenerLinguist

Top 4 is a minimum for all 6 teams because they all have the quality for top 4. That's what makes the league competitive. As the teams are evenly matched, managerial tactics will decide which 4 make it to the CL, and thus Klopp, Jose etc are judged accordingly.
Ok, maybe you can see it that way.
For me top 6 would be minimum. Would be kind of odd for 6 Teams to have top4 as a minimum goal. That would mean every year at least 2 teams wouldnd archieve their minimum goal.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
For me top 6 would be minimum. Would be kind of odd for 6 Teams to have top4 as a minimum goal. That would mean every year at least 2 teams wouldnd archieve their minimum goal.
yeah so they've failed, that's life. 3 teams (City, United and Chelsea) should be aiming to win the league every season and if they don't they've not hit their minimum goal

Ban

Mate, he gets battered here week in week out and I say virtually nothing, sometimes because he deserves it ! However it seems the VVD signing is of secondary importance here to firing broadsides at Klopp. Anyway nothing that shouldn't be expected I guess.
Well in this case he deserves to be called a hypocrite. Agree?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Not every team achieves their minimum goal, do you honestly think any of the top 6 see 5th or 6th as a goal rather than a feck up?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
yeah so they've failed, that's life. 3 teams (City, United and Chelsea) should be aiming to win the league every season and if they don't they've not hit their minimum goal
Totally agree, you set targets to reach and achieve, not make them so that they are achievable in the first place. It’s this new age of everyone’s a winner.
Liverpool’s target is obviously top 4 and not 6th, that’s a minimum target for them, same as spurs, arsenal and possibly us.
if they don’t make it they fail, pretty simple.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
So winning the league is the minimum, ok.
yes, it's an elite sport played by elite sportsmen who are paid a fortune, first target for any elite club is to win their league, do you honestly think Barca or Real specify 2nd as a minimum?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool back to their usual drill. But when Coutinho goes it'll be the usual cloaking it with "net spend" talk.

RooneyLegend

After losing Coutinho they are still a midfield away and a defence away from title contenders. Being these teams below the financial elite is quite the problem, you try to build a side only to see it cut up then you have to rebuild again. Make no mistake about it, winning the league with Spurs, Pool or Arsenal is a different kettle of fish compared to winning ot with us, City or Chelsea.

Inter Yer Nan

Strange, I can't remember him giving us the same leeway when it came to the Pogba price. And Pogba is a young and genuine WC talent, VVD is not.
Yeah, realistically this is the absolute most mental fee ever made in Football. Compare to the Pogba fee which he was so against and basically said he'd quit football if he had to do it. Pogba came from a European giant and one of the best 3-4 teams in world football and has won plenty and has genuine world class ability and is one of the most marketable players in the sport for 89m and VVD came from a mid table selling club, has won nothing, is a solid defender but not near world class and not marketable for 75m. Realistically if VVD is 75m then I think Pogba's closer to the Neymar fee.

Borden

Who said that?
Good for you to defend a Liverpool manager while bashing your own.
:lol: Calm down precious, I haven’t defended Klopp, his statements make him look like a bellend. But no more so than Jose, who’s also very prone to hypocrisy, so to defend one and attack the other seems pretty hypocritical in itself to me.

The Bloody-Nine

Yeah, for someone who seems to measure "contribution" by how much someone kisses Mourinho's ass I surely must look pretty bad. But I can live with that.
At least you concede that you look bad. You also appear to be around 12 years old. "Boyfriend"

FFS. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, realistically this is the absolute most mental fee ever made in Football. Compare to the Pogba fee which he was so against and basically said he'd quit football if he had to do it. Pogba came from a European giant and one of the best 3-4 teams in world football and has won plenty and has genuine world class ability and is one of the most marketable players in the sport for 89m and VVD came from a mid table selling club, has won nothing, is a solid defender but not near world class and not marketable for 75m. Realistically if VVD is 75m then I think Pogba's closer to the Neymar fee.
Not sure why the Scouse won't admit this

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I’m not sure why Pogba’s fee is relevant here.

18 months ago fees were no where near as inflated as they are now. Everything exploded in the last window.

We’ve overpaid but it’s not as extreme as some are making it out to be.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m not sure why Pogba’s fee is relevant here.

18 months ago fees were no where near as inflated as they are now. Everything exploded in the last window.

We’ve overpaid but it’s not as extreme as some are making it out to be.
Come off it. You're usually quite reasonable but no way on earth is VVD worth 75m pounds.

1) No resale value
2) No premium on potential as he's almost 27
3) No real European pedigree
4) No real international pedigree
5) Only 60 or so PL games to his name

You've probably paid double his actual value.