Jurgen Klopp Sack Watch

Kapardin

I'm still not sure about Salah, I'd prefer a Martial / Sanchez who opens up games and defences rather than a goalscorer who needs service to succeed.
In a Liverpool side without a recognised striker I would choose Salah but do we want Martial suffering down the left when Salah needs constant service to negate his wastefullness?
This time last year it was Mane who was the answer to all of our prayers
Every team needs both goalscorers and creators. If we have Martial on the left and Sanchez through the middle, I'd kill to have a pure goalscorer like Salah on the right.

Trizy

"BT didn't want to add the right amount of added time"

Ahhh that explains why they lost. I was wondering.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Those of you downplaying Salah need to wise up. I didn't think he would amount to much since he didnt do so well at Chelsea but the lad is absolute quality. I wouldn't necessarily play him over Martial because I think AM can be Theirry Henry good if handled correctly but I would sure as hell love to have him in our team.

Idxomer

There's no problem with Liverpool's spending, in the last 3.5 years they lost their 2 best players for a huge amount of money. It's how they're spending the money is the issue, though It's probably difficult for them to attract top tier talent, so Klopp and the club focus more on underachievers.

I think that actually suits Klopp's approach more, he depends mostly on players over performing and punching above their weight. It's no surprise seeing them beating City and in the next 2 fixtures losing against poor teams, although liverpool players even at their normal level should be beating those 2 teams comfortably, so it's more the manager's responsibility than the quality of the players. Still, One look at the squad and there's lack of genuine quality all over the pitch, well except in attack and even there their options have become more limited after selling Coutinho.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
So we've spent an average of under £30m a season more than Liverpool in the past 5 years? Not that much really. The only other real difference is that they raked in £200m from selling Coutinho and Suarez. It's not like we haven't had plenty of crucial players to replace, Rooney, RVP, Evra, Vidic, Rio etc, only we didn't have any cash-in value on them.
Spot on, and that's the difference that's rarely mentioned when talking about these net spend trophies. All the players you mentioned plus Giggs, Scholes, Neville, VDS etc gave us around one and a half ham sandwich in return when they left as they all stayed until they either retired or were past their best-before-date. So it's no wonder that we're that high up in the net spend league when we've had to replace basically our entire starting 11 without getting to sell anyone at a decent price.

So the people who criticize us for being so high up in that net spend table are basically criticizing us for being able to hold on to our world class players until they retire.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
4 Mins did seem a little low when I first saw the board come up. But maybe that’s just because we were losing.

I dunno

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
What a clown. Even his name is rubbish. Jurgen? I mean what is that. It sounds like a noise Sideshow Bob makes when he gets hit in the face with a rake.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We have Sanchez that can play on the right if necessary, and he is also a far better player than Salah, so again I don't see where Salah gets into our team other than on the bench at best.
Lingard and Martial are far better players, and as said previously, Salah was made to look better than he is, by having Coutinho next to him, lets see how he does without him there, the signs in games against Swansea and West Brom so far do not look too good.

So I would not have him anywhere near our club, especially not when we already have superior players.

Edit: @ValenciasDrilledCrosses
Lets see how the rest of the season pans out, to me his game relied a heck of a lot on Coutinho's, and without him there, I have a feeling we will see a decline in his numbers both goals and assists.

Martial and Lingard are both great players in their own right, and are showing that this season, no way would I drop either for Salah.
Wtf, Salah would walk straight into our starting lineup and improve us massively over Lingard and Martial this season.

Long term, Martial and Lingard might prove to be better, but this season Salah is absolutely one of the best player in the league so far.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Blaming everything and their mom aside. If BT really does have an influence on added time, that's pretty bad. No idea the merrit of mister Klopps allegations though.

Please don't give me a scouse banner for this.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Those of you downplaying Salah need to wise up. I didn't think he would amount to much since he didnt do so well at Chelsea but the lad is absolute quality. I wouldn't necessarily play him over Martial because I think AM can be Theirry Henry good if handled correctly but I would sure as hell love to have him in our team.
They don't play on the same wing.

Robbie Boy

I actually can't stand him and I literally change channel anytime he comes on the television to do an interview. He's an absolute clown and the love-in on here for him when he joined Liverpool was disgusting.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Blaming everything and their mom aside. If BT really does have an influence on added time, that's pretty bad. No idea the merrit of mister Klopps allegations though.

Please don't give me a scouse banner for this.
BT or any broadcaster can't won't have influence. It's just that Klopp being Klopp.

Mindhunter

Full marks for originality though. At least this time the excuses coming out of Anfield do not point indirectly to a murky world of underhand dealings and dubious decisions, all leading up to having the incumbent prosper and maintain the status quo, orchestrated by an old man sitting in front of a cabinet full of trophies and spitting chewing gum on the floor at regular intervals.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Full marks for originality though. At least this time the excuses coming out of Anfield do not point indirectly to a murky world of underhand dealings and dubious decisions, all leading up to having the incumbent prosper and maintain the status quo, orchestrated by an old man sitting in front of a cabinet full of trophies and spitting chewing gum on the floor at regular intervals.
Yeah, and nothing to with the team of that same old guy which managed to score an offside goal against Klopp's side.

ayushreddevil9

4 Mins did seem a little low when I first saw the board come up. But maybe that’s just because we were losing.

I dunno
Whatever it is, does it really justified that a manager of probably the second biggest club in England come out and spout these pathetic excuses? I mean you concede three goals with a 75m defender present in your backline but still find a way to blame someone else.
And that too a broadcaster. Ffs

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Klopp's comments are deflection tactics that people will see through eventually.

Not sure about the Aussie flu Craig, but you're right about the paranoia part.

ayushreddevil9

Jose was banned for showing passion and kicking a water bottle. Klopp or justice?

Smores

Spot on, and that's the difference that's rarely mentioned when talking about these net spend trophies. All the players you mentioned plus Giggs, Scholes, Neville, VDS etc gave us around one and a half ham sandwich in return when they left as they all stayed until they either retired or were past their best-before-date. So it's no wonder that we're that high up in the net spend league when we've had to replace basically our entire starting 11 without getting to sell anyone at a decent price.

So the people who criticize us for being so high up in that net spend table are basically criticizing us for being able to hold on to our world class players until they retire.
Yup the table looks at depreciation more than anything. A team that spends 100mil on every player but can sell them a year later for the same price is clearly not equal to one that does it on 20million despite equal net outcome. Purchasing power is relevant.

A low net spend usually indicates a lack of stability.

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
Whatever it is, does it really justified that a manager of probably the second biggest club in England come out and spout these pathetic excuses? I mean you concede three goals with a 75m defender present in your backline but still find a way to blame someone else.
And that too a broadcaster. Ffs
:rolleyes:

He didn’t blame it on the broadcaster. If you listen to the press conference he said we didn’t lose the game because of things like this but because we were bad and West Brom were great.

Ainu

He didn’t blame it on the broadcaster. If you listen to the press conference he said we didn’t lose the game because of things like this but because we were bad and West Brom were great.
Ah, the classic "it's not an excuse, but ..." which is invariably followed up with an excuse.

I would expect the FA to request him to explain his comments. They are serious allegations. If he cannot back them up, he should be facing punishment. We'll see what comes of it.

JohnZSmith27

Kinda depends how you interpret what he said. Why even mention the broadcaster or what was on after the game?

What I heard was that the actual extra time in the first half should have been 10 minutes. It was only four minutes. I heard that television said it’s not longer than four minutes.

Of course that’s not possible: you cannot cut match time because there is something else to broadcast. I don’t know what was afterwards, maybe the news or something.
BT responded...

As a broadcaster we have nothing to do with the decision that the referee makes about the amount of added time that is played in a game.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
No it isn't, Ben Foster is better than either of their goalkeeper options, then you look at the defence options, and Evans/Gibbs are very much better in their respective positions than what Liverpool have already.
Then the options that West Brom have in midfield with Brunt/McClean/Burke/Krychowiak/Barry are still better than what Liverpool have respectively in similar positions to them.

It really is just Salah/Firmino/Mane that means that they are doing anything at all decent.

Without Coutinho, I have no clue where their main hub of creativity is coming from? Henderson? Chamberlain? Can??

Salah cannot do it all by himself, so I can see them struggling more often in coming matches.
I refuse to believe that you believe what you are writing.